Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

7 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

@tshile Also where are businesses going to get the money to pay their employees...

NO WHERE. THE GOVERNMENT (THINK ABOUT THAT WORD) NO LONGER CARES ABOUT ANY LIFE, OTHER THAN THAT OF DEAR LEADER. 

If anyone gets a dime over the $250 Bush shoved on everyone right before 9/11(anyone remember that debacle?), I'll be shocked. 

Some knuckledragger should be able to figure out that ****. With an abacus. Sheesh. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Local hospital is out of masks, toilet paper and hand sanitizer. It’s all been stolen. 

They’re low on the resupply list. 

ive talked to a few people at a few places and there’s a surprising portion of nurses that don’t think this is like a real thing. 

this is the result of allowing people to question various scientific topics over the decades without any credentials, either disputing or offering counter theories to compete against theories formed by people with formal educations and decades of experience in the field. 

when we say half the country doesn’t get it, some of that half are nurses, and doctors, and people running things that are important. 

doctors and nurses are already getting sick. 

this ship has sailed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

New Yorkers are seeking quarantine lovers on Craigslist

Craigslist is the new QuaranTinder.

New Yorkers aren’t letting the pandemic pause their search for love — and coronavirus has made them more committal than ever.

Gone are the days of casual hookups: City dwellers aren’t seeking flings but bunker buddies.

“If it’s end of days we can at least go satisfied, and if we live through it then we have an interesting story to share for the rest of our lives,” reads one Craigslist post for an isolation mate by a 42-year-old business professional who includes their height, weight and that they’re “dd” (drug and disease) free.

“Would love to connect with someone, gather some food, necessities and hide together, we can get to know each other, have some fun while doing it,” writes the Queens-based searcher.

Others are offering up provisions in exchange for love in the time of coronavirus.

“Before we all get put into quarantine let’s live together,” a Bay Ridge-based individual writes in a Craigslist post seeking to quarantine and chill. “I am looking for a live in situation and you can have room rent free. I am very well stocked up on food and beverages.”

While the poster clarifies they’d prefer their new housemate to be their lover, those who are interested but not looking for love should also respond “with a pic.”

In Bushwick, a “young good looking guy” is seeking “a little quarantine service,” and specifies, “Prefer Latino men, open to attractive.”

In another post, a 63-year-old man is looking for “Westchester/Bronx only” women to quarantine with him. But first, they must “meet up for coffee and discuss this.”

One woman is using the concept of a wanted ad for a “Coronavirus Quarantine Boyfriend,” simply to gain Instagram followers — but was inundated with real applicants.

“I didn’t expect to get 100, 150 applications that were serious through Craigslist,” says 32-year-old Kelly Lions, who found herself swamped with potential BFs after posting a call for a “covid-19 boyfriend (2 weeks max).” In addition to describing herself as “an attractive ~30yo professional female,” Lions also offers “Purell + lots of TP,” as well as “a sunny apt with south facing windows,” in her writeup.

In addition to the Craigslist responses, she also got some 200-300 responses on Instagram.

“People were serious,” Lions tells The Post, adding that she totally understood why people would be “freaking out” at the possibility of a solo quarantine.

“I love that all the responses, they always started with the fact that they had Netflix accounts,” she says.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The tone of this thread has been hysterical.  It's a flu.  Yes lots of people are going to die from it, but that's always the case with the flu.  We've lived with that reality always.  For the vast majority of us, we'll catch it, we'll feel like crap for four or five days, have a righteous cough, take a couple of greasy dumps, and then move on with our lives.

Ok, I'll play along.  its just a more intense version of the flu.   About 20x more intense.  But hey no big deal.    When there aren't enough ICU beds to go around, I'm sure the hospitals won't have any ethical dilemma about who gets kicked the curb/left to die.   Over 75?  Sux2bu,, we need that ICU bed for someone with a higher chance or survival.   Can't pay? GTFO, we're only caring for someone who contributes to society enough reimburse us.   Half our hospital staff is out with Covid-19?  Or maybe quit due to stress/overwork?  Well too bad, we can't treat everyone like we use to.  Get in a car acccident?  Injuries aren't severe enough, we have to treat more severe patients, GTFO. 

Grace Fusco — mother of 11, grandmother of 27 — would sit in the same pew at church each Sunday, surrounded by nearly a dozen members of her sprawling Italian-American family. Sunday dinners drew an even larger crowd to her home in central New Jersey.

Now, her close-knit clan is united anew by unspeakable grief: Mrs. Fusco, 73, and four of her children are hospitalized with coronavirus. Two children who contracted the virus have died in the last week.

Mrs. Fusco’s eldest child, Rita Fusco-Jackson, 55, of Freehold, N.J., died Friday with the virus, a relative said. Her eldest son, Carmine Fusco, of Bath, Pa., died on Wednesday, said the relative, Roseann Paradiso Fodera.

Three of the four siblings who remain hospitalized are in critical condition, Ms. Paradiso Fodera said.

Edited by visionary
  • Sad 2

BREAKING: Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-Fla.) has tested positive for coronavirus, becoming the first U.S. lawmaker to contract the virus that’s spreading throughout the U.S 

It's just the flu.  He should keep going to work, anyway.  There won't be any damage if he just keeps going to work.  If he skips work, then the damage was caused by him skipping work, not by the disease.  

I checked out of news for most of the day. Catching up now. Still sounds like rollout of testing is a ****show. Sounds like Trump admin is doing absolutely nothing to send critical support on time to front line healthcare providers.

Social distancing and quarantines accomplish jack squat if we are flying blind on this. This is a **** up of historic proportions. It’s a slow rolling disaster. And it should be a warning to everyone that the consequence of electing morons can be very dangerous. 

We really are no longer in a position to accept the science and expertise denying morons in our society as nothing but a pesky nuisance. This is decades of ignorance coming home to roost unfortunately. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The tone of this thread has been hysterical.  It's a flu.  Yes lots of people are going to die from it, but that's always the case with the flu.  We've lived with that reality always.  For the vast majority of us, we'll catch it, we'll feel like crap for four or five days, have a righteous cough, take a couple of greasy dumps, and then move on with our lives.

I would assume with a post like this you don’t know the mortality rate of the flu is .1% and COVID is right around 1.4%.  I’m using the lower end of the mortality rate I’ve seen. 

if you applied the COVID mortality rate to the infection of the 2018-2019 flu season of 36 million - 55 million per the CDC the flu had a mortality of 36,400 - 61,200. With the COVID rate applies we would have 504,000 - 770,000. 

I sincerely hope the infection is not like the flu. 

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Just marveling at the picture of twa posting an article saying that if the government had acted quicker and not tried to deny the threat, they could have reduced casualties by 95%. 

we should have shut the borders????

🤣

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GoSkinsGo said:

Your saying a fast coordinated response by the government would have been beneficial? Color me shocked. 

Thank goodness the US really got on the ball and didn’t delay for a few weeks...

delay what though? Asia is  just getting used to this and SK just set the standard. Hindsight means you know what to do from now on long as you don't forget. I guess aids hit us sort of like this...only thing I can think of in my lifetime 

Edited by Gibbit

6 minutes ago, GoSkinsGo said:

Thank goodness the US really got on the ball and didn’t delay for a few weeks...

Months. The US had the advantage of being able to see what it did to China. We knew it was coming, before there was even a case, here. 

7 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

delay what though? Asia is  just getting used to this and SK just set the standard. Hindsight means you know what to do from now on long as you don't forget. I guess aids hit us sort of like this...only thing I can think of in my lifetime 

Off the top of my head, generally taking it seriously and not calling it a hoax?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

They did just fly in half a million test. Its really cdc and fda rulesets that put us behind. Rules that didn't get changed with sars or mers. It takes hindsight unfortunately

We'll see about that half million. Been told the check's in the mail a few times by these folks. As for the rules,that's mostly untrue as well. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GoSkinsGo said:

Off the top of my head, generally taking it seriously and not calling it a hoax?

That doesn't answer my question. What did you want to happen when some vague info was coming out of china? Weve never really been affected by this coronavirus stuff

Shut down borders immediately? Social distance? (bye bye economy...way of life...get ready for recession/depression) get testing kits to test everyone? ( cdc requires vetting which requires a lot of time) Rules they've got to change in these times

Edited by Gibbit