Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Hey yall check this out @China @bcl05 @EmirOfShmo especially 

I didn't click on that link but it may be maleware. I received this from a cyber group I chat with and im 100% sure I trust the source. If anyone is looking for that JHU map look at this first. People are getting got. 

Sorry i should have sent this to yall yesterday when I got it. I didnt think about sharing it here at all 

Fake Online Coronavirus Map Delivers Malware.pdf

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

I mean the reality is this social distancing thing is gonna be over with in a month or two.  People will lose jobs and run out of money and have to do something besides sit in the house and starve.   So you will see people ignoring it if/when it gets to that point.  

100 percent.

We need to be doing everything we can right now to prepare hospitals in the meantime.

Ok, everyone calm down.  Things are bleak.  But we've seen two relatively effective approaches in China and South Korea.  To me, the central key is carpet bombing the tests.  Whether it be after a total shutdown or from the get go, if we can test, test, and more test, we can quickly isolate and quell any potential of a mass unknowing community spread.  And if people indeed acquire immunity as most experts suspect, we should also start a massive antibody testing program to see who's already survived it.  That buys us time until a vaccine and/or treatment is developed.

The measures now are intended to buy time to ramp up healthcare infrastructure, stockpile medical supplies, tamp down what appears to be an ongoing community spread, and drastically expand testing capacity.  If everyone pitches in, do our part, and be each other's keeper (from afar people!  Keep that distance!), we can and will get through this.  It was during the darkest times when this country's and humanity's spirit shined the brightest.  This is our generation's challenge.  And we'll rise to meet it like the generations before us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

In general, this is what America does. When do we ever act proactively? Issue after issue we let things go cause for most people it's out of sight, out of mind. 

As Churchill once said ... "The United States can always be relied upon to do the right thing — having first exhausted all possible alternatives."

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

When businesses close down during a quarantine, businesses won't be paying their employees. No hours worked = No pay. That's why the government is making plans for paying individuals.

In general, I'm against "free money" policies where everyone gets a check. But in a massive catastrophe like this where it is literally impossible to earn a living, I believe it is necessary as long as they keep a cutoff line to not waste money on the wealthy. It sucks that it's going to cost so much, but this is one of the times where we're going to have to eat it.

Under these circumstances, I think it's important to understand that an all or nothing approach on either end of the spectrum will spell disaster.  We cannot remain open and continue business as usual, because this virus will spread uncontrollably.  On the other hand, those that can work safely must continue to do so, even if you are not in a "critical" industry.  Everything is interconnected, in ways we can't even imagine.  This is why its so difficult to predict a recession. 

Let's remember, the United States government does not have an unlimited ability provide for its citizens. During good financial times, we all benefit, but the rich benefit the most.  Conversely, history has demonstrated that in any financial catastrophe, it is the poor that will suffer the most, eat the last, and starve first.  It is in everyone's interest, particularly the "have nots", that the economy stays afloat.  That requires everyone to be cautious, but it will also involve courage and a willingness to take some risks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Inspiring words, bear. But I'll be honest, if I get to choose between being someone's keeper and being a 24 pack of toilet paper's keeper, I'm choosing the toilet paper. So I'm here for you until they restock.

....  Is this a bad time to ask for some toilet paper?

e84995cb8f1af741d549f56b42a5bb8c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We're under confinment and the parisians are fleeing the city to the countryside to make sure to increase the pandemic and to raid the supermarkets !

Our lousy government always acting late, instead of acting quick like our Italian friends. Now waiting until we're running out of respiratory units to decide to send the military to the rescue like the Chinese did right away.:wtf::stop::chair:

Edited by FrFan
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

Under these circumstances, I think it's important to understand that an all or nothing approach on either end of the spectrum will spell disaster.  We cannot remain open and continue business as usual, because this virus will spread uncontrollably.  On the other hand, those that can work safely must continue to do so, even if you are not in a "critical" industry.  Everything is interconnected, in ways we can't even imagine.  This is why its so difficult to predict a recession. 

Let's remember, the United States government does not have an unlimited ability provide for its citizens. During good financial times, we all benefit, but the rich benefit the most.  Conversely, history has demonstrated that in any financial catastrophe, it is the poor that will suffer the most, eat the last, and starve first.  It is in everyone's interest, particularly the "have nots", that the economy stays afloat.  That requires everyone to be cautious, but it will also involve courage and a willingness to take some risks.

Exactly. I'm a government contractor and all my teams have the ability to telework. The government customers have approved that telework. So my $20M company will continue to pay its employees, provide services to the government, and go on as usual. That means that I continue to get paid, pay my rent, pay my utilities, buy goods, etc. Anyone in this situation helps to slightly offset those who need to "sit out" of the market and can't earn or spend money as they usually would. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Exactly. I'm a government contractor and all my teams have the ability to telework. The government customers have approved that telework. So my $20M company will continue to pay its employees, provide services to the government, and go on as usual. That means that I continue to get paid, pay my rent, pay my utilities, buy goods, etc. Anyone in this situation helps to slightly offset those who need to "sit out" of the market and can't earn or spend money as they usually would. 

I wonder what the percentages are for those that can’t work from home.🤔🤔

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

I wonder what the percentages are for those that can’t work from home.🤔🤔

Yeah, I don't know but at this point, it's a (much less important) lesson for everyone. We have the technology and infrastructure to do this, so it should be enabled and encouraged for many reasons outside of social distancing. 

Some customers are completely virtual while others (one that would be concerning to the public) only has about 2-3% telework capabilities 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, China said:

So I'm looking at the JHU Coronavirus dashboard and there are zero (0) people in the US that have recovered from the virus.  That can't be right.  Somebody must have recovered by now.  I think not only are the number of cases artificially low because of the poor testing, but reporting anything other than deaths isn't accurate.

The death counts aren't accurate, either.  

Person who dies, without being tested?  Doesn't count.  

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Hey yall check this out @China @bcl05 @EmirOfShmo especially 

I didn't click on that link but it may be maleware. I received this from a cyber group I chat with and im 100% sure I trust the source. If anyone is looking for that JHU map look at this first. People are getting got. 

Sorry i should have sent this to yall yesterday when I got it. I didnt think about sharing it here at all 

Fake Online Coronavirus Map Delivers Malware.pdf

I feel bad not saying we were getting emails from work about this and not open them, let alone on government issued laptops : (