Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Man who breached coronavirus lockdown gets eaten by crocodile, Rwandan official says

A Rwandan man who reportedly defied a nationwide coronavirus lockdown to go fishing has been killed and eaten by a crocodile, a local official told news outlets Wednesday.

The African country’s more than 12 million people have been under a stay-at-home order since Sunday to control the spread of COVID-19, which has infected at least 40 people in Rwanda so far.

DZIULQUVMBFHNAUW67TJGE4BOA.jpg

Yummm....coronavirus is like seasoning

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

looks like testing is moving into high gear, hope the deaths stay comparatively low.

We'll see if more and more epicenters start popping up, hopefully closing places down has slowed that in most states, though we are still a ways behind the results.  I wouldn't hold too tightly to that death total though. There's a lot of underlying details not covered there, I'd guess.  

13 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I don't see how anything really changes until we get a vaccine. Seems like the moment we unravel lock downs, we will see another spike a month later. 

At the moment, all we can do is buy time and try to minimize the loss of life and suffering.

By the way, the bill passed the Senate 96-0.  The House votes on Friday.

Edited by visionary

The virus turning seasonal sounds both reassuring and terrifying. Reassuring in that the flu strains there are now aren't nearly as deadly or spread so easily, so maybe we really will build up immunity over time. Terrifying in thinking that this strain could turn into something that changes the seasonal flu's deathrate. I know it's still way too early to speculate on which it would be, but it's going to be weighing down on me a lot.

I'm one to usually take isolation in stride and even relax in it, but I don't know how long people will keep it together if it goes on for a year before a vaccine can change it. Touching a basket at the store, pumping gas at the gas station, handling someone's credit card or even my own.... all the daily little things we did before that we now have to give deep thought to, I feel like people are going to crack under the strain eventually.

Edited by NickyJ

19 minutes ago, visionary said:

At the moment, all we can do is buy time and try to minimize the loss of life and suffering.

By the way, the bill passed the Senate 96-0.  The House votes on Friday.

I'm all in for that as we've been doing our part. I talk to people that just want this to be over and hope by May things will be back to normal and I'm like "um, mentally prepare for a lot longer."