Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

I'd say our 3 largest priorities in FA are QB, MLB, WR, FS in that order. I think we spend big on 2 of them and I don't think it's QB or WR. 

I don't think it's ever wise to spend big on a safety. I do hope we take advantage of this stacked WR class though, too many good established players in FA to take the chance on a #2 in the draft. 

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I don't think it's ever wise to spend big on a safety. I do hope we take advantage of this stacked WR class though, too many good established players in FA to take the chance on a #2 in the draft. 

Worked for Pitt and Seattle. This is a great FA period for FS.

I think we go after all 4 positions, but I don't think we sell out for WR like we did last year. Still think we'll sign one.

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Worked for Pitt and Seattle. This is a great FA period for FS.

I think we go after all 4 positions, but I don't think we sell out for WR like we did last year. Still think we'll sign one.

Fitzpatrick and Adams didn't hit FA though and safeties that elite never hit FA, they had to trade 1st round picks to get them. I definitely think you've got the most important needs correct though and hope you're right that we address all 4 positions. 

20 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Fitzpatrick and Adams didn't hit FA though and safeties that elite never hit FA, they had to trade 1st round picks to get them. I definitely think you've got the most important needs correct though and hope you're right that we address all 4 positions. 

Good point. I don't think we go after Winfield or Simmons, but I'd be into it. There is a bunch of other FS that might come out too this year. It sucks we have so much invested in SS, since it's such an easy position to find adequate play from. 

30 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

You would think some free agents would now be very tempted to join this defensive unit. Now one of the most talked about groups in the league, that will undoubtedly be a draw.

If we address QB and turn our QB situation around then we are a contender. What LBer or DB doesn't want to play behind our line? 

This came across today on PFF ... Top 100 Free Agents and their projected destinations and contracts. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-free-agency-top-100-free-agents

Who they have WFT Signing/Bringing Back from the Top 100:

#7 Safety Anthony Harris - Washington for 4 years, $56m (14m APY)

#9 RG Brandon Scherff - Washington for 4 years, $60m ($15m APY)

#25 WR Corey Davis - Washington for 4 years, $65m ($16m APY)

#62 CB Ronald Darby - Washington for 3 years, $30m ($10m APY)

Other names of interest thrown around here (no QBs included):

WR Curtis Samuel - 3 years $25m with NY GIants

T Taylor Moton - 5 years, $83m with Panthers

WR Allen Robinson - 4 years, $84m with Dolphins

WR Chris Godwin - 5 years, $110m with Bucs

On that, I am curious to know where Harris fits in. He's a pure FS, so are we assuming that Kam Curl is our SS and Landon Collins possibly moves to that Joker / LB role? I know that's been tossed around here a bit. Also, Jeremy Reaves / Everett make me feel less concerned about S long-term, but Harris would be dynamic, albeit a bit older than I'd like (think he'll be 29?)

6 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

This came across today on PFF ... Top 100 Free Agents and their projected destinations and contracts. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-free-agency-top-100-free-agents

On that, I am curious to know where Harris fits in. He's a pure FS, so are we assuming that Kam Curl is our SS and Landon Collins possibly moves to that Joker / LB role? I know that's been tossed around here a bit. Also, Jeremy Reaves / Everett make me feel less concerned about S long-term, but Harris would be dynamic, albeit a bit older than I'd like (think he'll be 29?)

ugh at Corey Davis at 15M/yr. A good #2 but if Samuel is going to cost half that, give me Samuel

Just now, method man said:

ugh at Corey Davis at 15M/yr. A good #2 but if Samuel is going to cost half that, give me Samuel

Those were my thoughts as well. I think Samuel is my #1 choice this off-season at WR. He really emerged this year and was a playmaker.

Corey Davis is up there too. He has massive upside and finally started to realize it a bit this year. It's a steep price tag for sure, but if we could get him for a little lower than that I would be happy as well. Samuel and Davis are my two candidates for us to get without breaking any banks

Re sign darby

Sign wr samuel

Sign lb david

Trade for stafford

That's my dream off-season, as far as big moves.  They made so many savvy, cost efficient moves last off-season, I feel confident they can add role players around our core this year again.  I feel after that, we won't be perfect, but we will be pretty well rounded with decent depth, and we can feel good about going pure BPA in draft, which should always be the goal.

If scherff plays hard ball, let him walk.  As charlie casserly said a few offseasons ago, if your biggest concern is OG, you are in good shape.  I'd say 5 yr 70 mil would be ceiling, and that might be too much.

Anthony harris at that price tag would make me puke, unless we cut collins and go harris / curl as our starting safeties.  Corey davis at that price would make me puke, not a good use of resources imo.  Cheaper just as effective options in FA, and WR talent on 2nd day would be way to go.

If history repeats Safeties will see a downturn in cost after the first tier signs in FA. Especially, with the cap the way it is. The market this year will be very interesting and we should be able to find some deals if we're patient and continue to target the right kind of "on the cusp" guys.

31 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

The only thing on that PFF thing I see happening is we resign Scherff.  No way we tie up all that money in the safety position

I think Scherff is a lock to re-sign now. He appears very highly regarded, and the only delay now is the season having to finish before we can formally agree and disclose terms.

4 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Harris would be such an awesome get for us. A HoFer at FS after ignoring it for so long. 

I'd rather save money going after Samuel than Davis and signing Mosley, but I'll take it.

27 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Harris would be such an awesome get for us. A HoFer at FS after ignoring it for so long.

You think Anthony harris is a hall of famer?  He is about to turn 30 and has only 2 seasons as starter under his belt.  He has 0 pro bowls.  

He is good, but to say HOF is a bit much at this point.

36 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'd rather save money going after Samuel than Davis and signing Mosley, but I'll take it.

depends what line of thinking we have. The Collins contract is awful. Now with the obvious culture and dynamic that exists with this group on defence, don’t know, would they go out and add a high price FA splash to the group? Does that rock the boat?

Fuller got 4/40mil, maybe that is the kind of ceiling we have. Don’t know yet. Could be a consideration though. High priced 30 something vet, is that where we are heading? 

Im inclined to think we look younger, ie, getting players coming off rookie deals. 

21 hours ago, D’Pablo said:

What are folks’ thoughts on Garoppolo as a possible QB for us? 

I was posting about him yesterday. He should be a free agent. But we could also trade and get him cheap. I personally think he would ve what we need here. Others didn't like that idea and think Allen is just as good and cheaper. 

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Cam is alright as a WR4.

I think Cam is very very slow. But as a 5th or 6th receiver I could see but I wouldn't even want him as our 4th best WR.

On 1/6/2021 at 11:19 AM, HigSkin said:

Don't see going after either but Atlanta looks to be trying to go full rebuild next year.

2nd for Julio and 3rd for Ryan. Yes please. Would give us a 3-4 year window for a Super Bowl run and we would still have a 1st and 3rd. Could even drop down in 1st and re coup that 2nd rounder. 

14 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

2nd for Julio and 3rd for Ryan. Yes please. Would give us a 3-4 year window for a Super Bowl run and we would still have a 1st and 3rd. Could even drop down in 1st and re coup that 2nd rounder. 

lol in no universe do we get Julio Jones for just a 2nd

Archived