Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

10 hours ago, method man said:

Outside of S. Sims, none of the other young WRs are really slot receivers and S. Sims should not be on the team next year. 

This is true. But you know who would be a ridiculous slot? Terry McLaurin. 

If Harmon and AGG can play we can move McLaurin to the slot. Beyond that, though, we still really need a receiver in either scenario

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Back in June, this guy tore his Achilles and went down for the year, before he even got to camp with us.

Anyone think he has a future here ?

He went undrafted, but was actually projected by some, to go in the 4th round, and believed to be eventual starter material.

I was a fan when he came out and surprised he was an UDFA.  As a speedster, we’ll have to see how he recovers (it was an ACL, right?).  On top of that I have some questions about his hands, route running and blocking ability.  With that said, he seems like a nice developmental guy to me that could be a deep weapon and guy that can get open on crossing patterns.

10 hours ago, method man said:

Outside of S. Sims, none of the other young WRs are really slot receivers and S. Sims should not be on the team next year. 

I agree in terms of how we typically think of slot receivers, but Terry can shift to the slot, and we can always employ the others as a ‘big slot’.  Especially anyone that has trouble getting off the line cleanly.  That’s very different from saying we’re set there though.

The more I think about the roster, the more I’m interested in bringing Darby back.  If we don’t land a good corner otherwise, I think we’ll be negating some of the dominance of the dline.  If we had a guy in the pipeline the staff liked (Moreau for example), I’d feel differently.  

Of course, I feel the same way about adding a talented ILB, and arguably it’s easier to find a solid corner (and given our scheme is more about the dline penetrating than keeping the backers clean, ILB importance is magnified IMO).  Bring in competition/depth at corner, backer, OLB (though we have Smith-Williams) and safety via draft/UDFA and the D is in great shape... elite on paper anyway.  

Could probably get away with an offensive heavy draft - oline, receiver, TE (hopefully a future starter type) and depth for the backfield.  QB situation though... that’s gonna be the big one of course.

Back to FA/Darby, I think we can pull off a re-sign of him and other key FAs if 1) we massage their contracts so guaranteed money comes off the books early and their first year hits are a touch lower, and 2) structure (some of?) them so we can get out of their contracts around the time McLaurin, Payne, Sweat and Young are due contracts.  We should also have a rising cap, Smith, Collins and Io will be off the books by then.

I think I’d offer Darby 3 years 21-24mil max. Otherwise, you go find the next version of him in 2021.

The youth we have at WR is being over valued, in my opinion. Cam Sims has a shot at that #3/4 role, AGG gets another year to evaluate. I’m going after 2 new receivers.

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think I’d offer Darby 3 years 21-24mil max. Otherwise, you go find the next version of him in 2021.

The youth we have at WR is being over valued, in my opinion. Cam Sims has a shot at that #3/4 role, AGG gets another year to evaluate. I’m going after 2 new receivers.

Cam Sims is a free agent. And he may have flashed enough to get someone to pay him more than he’s worth. 

AGG/Harmon are the wild cards. If they can play McLaurin can go to the slot. But that’s not a good enough group. We need, at minimum, one receiver. Likely a slot and an outside guy.

I'm not sold on Sims yet. I'd like to see more consistency out of him. Especially, if we end up getting in a FA bidding battle over him.

He had one big game, I think. But so did Inman. So...

Remember how Maurice Harris had a similar start here. Then he went to New England, and everyone was like, "Oh no, we let another one go !"

lol

Dontrelle Inman has been cut to make room for Antonio Gandy-Golden. I was never a fan of Inman, but I'm shocked that he was cut in the middle of a playoff run for a 4th round rookie WR with 1 catch in 5 games. Either GG is special or Inman was awful.

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

Cam Sims is a free agent. And he may have flashed enough to get someone to pay him more than he’s worth. 

AGG/Harmon are the wild cards. If they can play McLaurin can go to the slot. But that’s not a good enough group. We need, at minimum, one receiver. Likely a slot and an outside guy.

Cam Sims is an exclusive rights FA so is likely an easy keep, if we wants. Agree we still need a couple more new receivers.

34 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Dontrelle Inman has been cut to make room for Antonio Gandy-Golden. I was never a fan of Inman, but I'm shocked that he was cut in the middle of a playoff run for a 4th round rookie WR with 1 catch in 5 games. Either GG is special or Inman was awful.

Sheehan pointed it out. Inman is too finesse a player for Rivera. Misses blocks and takes a dive instead of going for extra yards

4 hours ago, NickyJ said:

that is surprising, since I thought he was dinged so he could have been IR

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Cam Sims is an exclusive rights FA so is likely an easy keep, if we wants. Agree we still need a couple more new receivers.

with Harmon, both Sims, AGG, Wright and a few others competing for 3-6 I can see just getting 1

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I thought the reason he couldn't get on the field regularly, is because Darby has done so well.

So if Darby departs, or is a year older, it would make sense to me, to try to re-sign Fabs

we're putting Moreland and safeties on the field as nickel guys more than him.

37 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I wonder whether the Jets would be interested in moving that CJ Mosley contract and whether it would make sense for them financially. 

Yep I’ve mentioned this before. Might depend on the COVID situation in the 2021 offseason but that’s something I would keep an eye on.

2 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

I wonder whether the Jets would be interested in moving that CJ Mosley contract and whether it would make sense for them financially. 

I think the price would be high because they are not under any kind of cap crunch.  Not sure how much I’d give up for as opposed to drafting or other FAs.

Archived