Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OC - Scott Turner incoming

UKskins

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

I'm one of the biggest KOC skeptics on this board. Never understood the hype and said so. 

Rivera not choosing KOC completely undercuts your certainty that he was being forced to choose him. Twisting it and pretending otherwise is foolish. Just take the L and move on man. 

I specifically said if Ron has control he would not hire KOC. If he hired him it was Snyder dictated. I am 100% spot on.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I was always a guy that preferred an offensive minded HC, not quite sure why because I love defense. I guess it's maybe because my thinking was if you get a great offensive minded HC who hires a solid DC, you're going to score a lot of points and not give up too many, which would result in winning games.

Now, I'm so ready for change. I honestly don't care if we're the most boring offensive team in football moving forward and I welcome the change to a defensive minded HC. i just want to sit down on Sunday's and know that our D is going to smash the opposing O in the face, make them earn every yard, put them in disadvantageous situations regularly and most importantly create turnovers and hold them to minimal points.

it'd be terrific to have both an explosive O and suffocating D. But I'm to the point that if I had to choose between the two, I'll take the suffocating D. A team that plays smothering defense wins a lot of games and winning is exciting. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I just did. He doesn’t fit Ron’s hiring history and he didn’t hire him. 

Thanks for playing....

Nope, Snyder didn't want KOC around so he made Rivera get rid of him.

Since you have no proof otherwise I'll end it there and spare you the pain. 

If it's not KOC I wonder who he will be bringing in. Hopefully someone who doesn't want to run every first down.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Nope, Snyder didn't want KOC around so he made Rivera get rid of him.

Since you have no proof otherwise I'll end it there and spare you the pain. 

If it's not KOC I wonder who he will be bringing in. Hopefully someone who doesn't want to run every first down.

I already made your argument look silly bro. It’s blatantly obvious Ron would never hire KOC unless he was forced to and he didn’t. 

I am 100% right yet again and you can’t handle it. Too bad for you. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I specifically said if Ron has control he would not hire KOC. If he hired him it was Snyder dictated. I am 100% spot on.

But until an OC is officially named, and unless I missed something, one hasn't yet. It could still be KOC. 

Personally I don't care who is OC, Caldwell, KOC, a homeless dude, if Rivera thinks he's the right guy to craft the offense and develop Haskins this year or draft the next guy after the season so be it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MariusVT said:

But until an OC is officially named, and unless I missed something, one hasn't yet. It could still be KOC. 

Personally I don't care who is OC, Caldwell, KOC, a homeless dude, if Rivera thinks he's the right guy to craft the offense and develop Haskins this year or draft the next guy after the season so be it.

True. However the interview with Larry Michael plus Mark Make’s tweet make it seem it’s unlikely to be KOC. Particularly since he already retained the special teams coach. 

13 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I already made your argument look silly bro. It’s blatantly obvious Ron would never hire KOC unless he was forced to and he didn’t. 

I am 100% right yet again and you can’t handle it. Too bad for you. 

You are certainly not making "other people" look silly bro. :ols:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The days of coddling are over. Ron isn’t going to have his QB dictate his coaching staff over social media. He’s 1 of 52 and if he doesn’t get with the program he won’t be one of the 52.  It’s finally a new chapter. 

This OC hire was my litmus test and Ron passed with flying colors. I’m 100% team Ron!

Glad you stated this. I don't like seeing Dwayne promoting clowns like Ocho Cinco or any other coach for the Skins. In fact, this might be a good starting point with Coach Ron and Dwayne about how to grow up and act like a leader. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

True. However the interview with Larry Michael plus Mark Make’s tweet make it seem it’s unlikely to be KOC. Particularly since he already retained the special teams coach. 

So if KOC it’s not still the OC do you think 

That’s Snyder saying or coach Ron

These are some interesting subtweet theories...

I think it's Rob Chudinski or Todd Downing. Downing was Jacks OC in 2017. Chudinski turned around Carolina offense during Cam's rookie year he eventually got Cleveland HC job off of it. Then was with Chuck Pagano till 2017 who's family is close with Jack and Ron.

Todd Downing, Rob Chudinski, Pat Shurmur, Scott Turner would be surprised if it isn't one of them. Jake Peetz I'd say will be Qb coach and Carolina Te coach is close with Ron I'd expect the staff to be filled by those guys. He is really loyal to a fault with coaches.

However, when Ron talks about seeking permission Caldwell and Downing would qualify because they're with other teams.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Ron is obviously treating his coaching selection like he's going to do with players.  Look out, nobody is going to be given a job - it's going to have to be earned and with full out effort.

Personally I like this approach.  It's refreshing.  If it doesn't fit with KOC so be it.  I was surprised he didn't give Haskins more of a vote of confidence but after thinking about it I think thats the way to do it too.  He means what he says... no one is entitled here.  Earn your damn spot.  Best players play.  Best coaches are hired.  Sounds like how a professional team is supposed to be ran - just not used to it around here.

Again this is the best Ive felt about this organization in a decade +.  Ive bought in.  In Ron I trust.

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Like 2

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

Ron would never make KOC his OC absent pressure from Dan. 

Hmmm... what makes you say that?  I honestly think Ron is a straight shooter... if he thinks KOC is a good fit and what will equate to wins then he will hire him.  

Haskins is either going to shape up or he is going to be out of here! Thanks for wanting Young as our second pick publicly, thanks for wanting Ocho as coach publicly , thanks for wanting KOC publicly ...somebody needs to tell this guy Ron Burgundy is in the house...things have changed...hallelujah!!

Some of the clowns on this team have a rude awakening...once again..hallelujah!!

On a serious note where is the parenting; even at 22 my dad would be giving me advice telling me to shut up!

Edited by Gibbs828791
  • Like 3

Just now, Idaho fan said:

Hmmm... what makes you say that?  I honestly think Ron is a straight shooter... if he thinks KOC is a good fit and what will equate to wins then he will hire him.  

KOC has a single year of experience as an OC under the thumb of 2 offensive minded coaches. His team produced the second worst record in the NFL and worst passing ranking in the entire NFL. KOC has no business being handed the offense.

Haskins fanboys are worried if he loses his buddy KOC he might pout. This is what it’s actually about. No one cares about KOC otherwise and his 32nd ranked passing game. It’s absolute absurdity to make him OC.

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

KOC has a single year of experience as an OC under the thumb of 2 offensive minded coaches. His team produced the second worst record in the NFL and worst passing ranking in the entire NFL. KOC has no business being handed the offense.

Haskins fanboys are worried if he loses his buddy KOC he might pout. This is what it’s actually about. No one cares about KOC otherwise and his 32nd ranked passing game. It’s absolute absurdity to make him OC.

and no way Ron in his right mind is catering to Haskins...Haskins needs to grow up...stop being a twitter idiot..and work! If Haskins doesnt change quick I hope he gets run out of here.

Ron has been around the NFL almost 40 yrs he knows a idiot when he sees them...hell yea we got Ron!!

Edited by Gibbs828791

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Ok - but how much of that 32nd ranked passing game is on KOC and how much is on Callahan, Haskins, supporting cast etc. Im fine either way and trust Ron in the decision but if KOC is kept I don't think its an obvious statement that Dan is putting pressure on Ron to keep him.

I think whomever ends up being the OC it will be solely a Ron Rivera decision.  And Im so happy about that.

• Like 1