Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

2 hours ago, Rskins91 said:

Found @GOATFrerotte‘s alternate account. 

He touched the qb once two weeks in a row. I guess that's a start. For a reference point, TJ Watt has multiple qb hits in 7 straight games. I guess your guys expectations are just very low. But you're the 3rd person to bring my name up this week when I wasn't even saying a word about Chase. Guess you guys want me too. 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Meanwhile the shine on Herbert and Tua ain't so bright as it was a few weeks back, is it.

I was a big time Chase Young guy from early last fall.  So no regrets at all for me.  But I'll say i watched most of Tua's game last Sunday, he started slow but overall he was really good -- impressive for a dude who is in season 1, I'd love it if I saw Haskins play like that. 

3 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

To be fair, he’s probably correct that Snell gets in if he doesn’t run into the back of his OL who got stoned at the line by, I think, Cole Holcomb.

To be fair, Snell probably gets in if Young doesn’t disrupt his momentum right before he leaps forward.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was a big time Chase Young guy from early last fall.  So no regrets at all for me.  But I'll say i watched most of Tua's game last Sunday, he started slow but overall he was really good -- impressive for a dude who is in season 1, I'd love it if I saw Haskins play like that. 

I have no doubt both QBs will have good careers, but the quickness that “some” fans here judge players and then absolutely refuse to budge from that stance is simply asinine. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Touching the QB just feels like a really arbitrary measure considering Young ranks really high up in metrics like pass rush success rate and his ability to defend the run stands out and easily passes the eye test.

A pass rusher getting to the qb seems like a pretty objective measure to me. And considering his production at getting to the qb is about the same as DJ Wonnum, a 4th round draft pick, and not even in the same ball park as the #2 pick last year, it's not unreasonable to expect more. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

A pass rusher getting to the qb seems like a pretty objective measure to me. And considering his production at getting to the qb is about the same as DJ Wonnum, a 4th round draft pick, and not even in the same ball park as the #2 pick last year, it's not unreasonable to expect more. 

Jesus. You're like the sports forum version of a Russian bot. Look at how much better the defense is this year with very few other personnel changes and more injuries than we had in the beginning of last year. Look at who is getting doubled. Look at that pass rush win rate vs double team rate graph. Look at PFF scores. Look at an actual game. You're literally just trolling. 

Can someone remind me how to find the block function? I couldn't find it in a brief search. 

Edited by Anselmheifer
  • Like 2

I don't think some people are understanding that a lot of teams are going to scheme against this pass rush with 3 step drop quick passes.  It is going to eliminate the opportunities for sacks outside the small handful of times they actually have their QB's drop back for a bigger pass.    When the sack opportunities aren't there, what you are then looking for is for the pass rushers to disrupt the timing for the QB.  Quick passing offenses are based on timing, everything has to be exact because you re throwing the ball so quick and usually on slant routes or quick crosses.  A QB can't afford to be rushed into those or you end up throwing behind the WR.   In the 2nd half of the game, Chase Young was collapsing the pocket enough to rattle Ben and get him throwing the ball before he was comfortable.  

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

He touched the qb once two weeks in a row. I guess that's a start. For a reference point, TJ Watt has multiple qb hits in 7 straight games. I guess your guys expectations are just very low. But you're the 3rd person to bring my name up this week when I wasn't even saying a word about Chase. Guess you guys want me too. 

13 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Pretty sure I saw Chase touch Ben 3 times in this highlight package....  I mean.... 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Christ. Did the camera crane break and they just decided to roll with one of those old kiddy cameras with the picture slides? 

are you talking about the tweet I shared?

That's All-22.  Its a subscription package through NFL.com that basically gives you coaches film... hence the break down of the play across the scroll on the top.  It's not a broadcast camera. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Jesus. You're like the sports forum version of a Russian bot. Look at how much better the defense is this year with very few other personnel changes and more injuries than we had in the beginning of last year. Look at who is getting doubled. Look at that pass rush win rate vs double team rate graph. Look at PFF scores. Look at an actual game. You're literally just trolling. 

Can someone remind me how to find the block function? I couldn't find it in a brief search. 

I'm not trolling at all, I 100% expected Chase to be as good or better than Nick Bosa. He isn't even close, like it's not even a competition on who was better. That is not trolling at all. I just had higher expectations than you guys. You are fine with late 1st round early 2nd round production. I was hoping for a #2 pick game changer.

• Haha 3

Just now, OVCChairman said:

are you talking about the tweet I shared?

That's All-22.  Its a subscription package through NFL.com that basically gives you coaches film... hence the break down of the play across the scroll on the top.  It's not a broadcast camera. 

Yeah that's what I meant. Seemed off kilter. Couldn't even really see what Chase was doing.

39 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

Do you know why you get tagged? Because you have a **** take and continue to stand by your **** take EVEN after data and numbers show you're wrong.

I've still yet to see you acknowledge the tweets CLEARLY demonstrating Chase is doubled at a rate equal to Khalil Mack, with a pass rush win rate the same rate as J.J. Watt, Justin Houston, and Demarcus Lawrence.

Instead, you just keep saying: "He's only hitting the QB a few times - DJ whathisface is around the same as him."

You DON'T acknowledge the good plays he makes and keep doubling down on whatever your data you pull from your bum. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In his last 8 games he has

2 Sacks

4 QB Hits

3 Hurries

1 Knockdown

6 Pressures

I just don't know what to tell you guys. That's not good production.

Just for a reference of what numbers can look like. Nick Bosa's first 8 game stretch

7 Sacks

13 QB Hits

11 Hurries

6 Knockdowns

24 Pressures

Today has been a valuable day on ES. I learned how to add someone to the ignore risk. Go to your profile. Click on, 'Ignored Users'. Type in the username and click on the right person. Specify whether you just want to ignore posts, mentions, their signature, etc. And click, "add". Simple-ish. 

Anyway, a lot of people talk about the lack of sacks vs pass rush win rate and double team rate etc. There isn't nearly enough conversation about his run defense. It is literally game changing. Without Chase Young on the goal line, we probably lose against Cincinnati and Pittsburgh. He's just been a beast against the run. 

I think the one criticism of him amongst draftniks was that he didn't have an elite motor. I loved that Baldinger highlight reel above. Chase has an elite motor at this point. He is chasing guys down on the far side of the field, downfield. We had just the right DL culture and DC to draft and get the most out of Chase. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Today has been a valuable day on ES. I learned how to add someone to the ignore risk. Go to your profile. Click on, 'Ignored Users'. Type in the username and click on the right person. Specify whether you just want to ignore posts, mentions, their signature, etc. And click, "add". Simple-ish. 

Anyway, a lot of people talk about the lack of sacks vs pass rush win rate and double team rate etc. There isn't nearly enough conversation about his run defense. It is literally game changing. Without Chase Young on the goal line, we probably lose against Cincinnati and Pittsburgh. He's just been a beast against the run. 

I think the one criticism of him amongst draftniks was that he didn't have an elite motor. I loved that Baldinger highlight reel above. Chase has an elite motor at this point. He is chasing guys down on the far side of the field, downfield. We had just the right DL culture and DC to draft and get the most out of Chase. 

Grown men making statements about putting others on ignore because they disagree about a players production, lmao. I've seen it all now. 

12 minutes ago, Rskins91 said:

Do you know why you get tagged? Because you have a **** take and continue to stand by your **** take EVEN after data and numbers show you're wrong.

I've still yet to see you acknowledge the tweets CLEARLY demonstrating Chase is doubled at a rate equal to Khalil Mack, with a pass rush win rate the same rate as J.J. Watt, Justin Houston, and Demarcus Lawrence.

All you are bringing up is excuses for a lack of production. My argument is his production numbers are pretty bad. There is no way around that. You can believe the excuses you come up with or you can be like me and be disappointed that the numbers are so bad regardless of the reasons. I had higher expectations from our #2 pick. I don't care about his double team rate, his pass rush win rate, or whatever weird PFF stat you can come up with that avoids the discussion about actual production. 

Edited by GOATFrerotte
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

Grown men making statements about putting others on ignore because they disagree about a players production, lmao. I've seen it all now. 

All you are bringing up is excuses for a lack of production. My argument is his production numbers are pretty bad. There is no way around that. You can believe the excuses you come up with or you can be like me and be disappointed that the numbers are so bad regardless of the reasons. I had higher expectations from our #2 pick. I don't care about his double team rate, his pass rush win rate, or whatever weird PFF stat you can come up with that avoids the discussion about actual production. 

How is it that the stats you like to cite have to do with production but the things that are counterpoints to your argument have nothing to do with production?

It appears like you're wrong but you're too stubborn to admit it so you want to frame the conversation to your narrative rather than admitting you're incorrect.

• Like 4