Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

I thought Chase looked good last night. Had a half sack, batted pass, a number of pressures. Was close a few times. Did lose contain on one Fields outside run. I thought he looked like our best pass rusher last night in terms of generating consistent pressure. 

He now has 3 sacks in 4 games, on pace for 12 sacks. I think there is a good chance you are looking at a 12-14 sack year on a losing team with a terrible defense. 

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

I thought Chase looked good last night. Had a half sack, batted pass, a number of pressures. Was close a few times. Did lose contain on one Fields outside run. I thought he looked like our best pass rusher last night in terms of generating consistent pressure. 

He now has 3 sacks in 4 games, on pace for 12 sacks. I think there is a good chance you are looking at a 12-14 sack year on a losing team with a terrible defense. 

He looked good.  From what you can see on tv, the best defensive player on the team.

(They should still trade him if they can get at least a 4th round pick for him.)

6 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

He looked good.  From what you can see on tv, the best defensive player on the team.

(They should still trade him if they can get at least a 4th round pick for him.)

I’m not saying he’s untouchable, but you’d trade what could be your best defensive player for a 4th? 

I think he gets franchised and gets a prove it year with a new coach.

Just now, Anselmheifer said:

I’m not saying he’s untouchable, but you’d trade what could be your best defensive player for a 4th? 

Yes.  Because he's not worth a franchise tag (that's $19+ million next year) for this team.  And if he gets hurt next game, then he's worth even less.  The team has enough issues that they don't have cap space to be paying a 12 sack player that has a significant injury issue $19+ million next year.  And that's assuming that he wants to be franchised and won't hold out.  And at that value, the risk of him getting hurt again and his value going further down isn't worth the risk.

I’ve been critical of him, but he was the best defensive player on the field last night. The only guy with any heart and hustle. Even Jonathan Allen was playing like his dog died yesterday. 

I am cautiously optimistic about Young and I really want to see what he has the rest of the season. If he plays that well and continues to be a high energy difference maker, then yes franchise tag and work on a long term deal.

we just have to see how the rest of the season plays out. I am firm on the “no” to a 4th rd draft pick for him. You can’t convince me otherwise. If he has double digit sacks and he can create some fumbles here and there and continues to be one of the best at sniffing out screens, then he needs to stay.

I’m surprised there isn’t a better YouTube clip of this. 

Nobody else on the defense has the ceiling that Chase has. Montez is faster, but doesn’t have the this kind of burst/ quickness, or nearly the lateral agility of Young. 

I’m still hoping for a huge year and that we resign him.

Chase's analytics are always insane.

You can't say he has been bad, in fact its the opposite.

I don't think good-great is good enough for Chase, but he is having a good year so far.

He just needs to produce more game changing plays, at the rate akin to his win and pressure rate.

Analytically, dude looks like Myles Garret on paper, and if he produce game changing plays at a similar rate, Chase would be a DVP candidate. Same goes for Sweat.

18 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I would definitely keep Chase over Fuller/Kurl at this point. 

I don't really mind if they let Fuller and Kurl walk.

But especially if you are talking about franchising Chase, the choice won't be Fuller/Kurl.  It will be Fuller, Kurl, and plus.

You'll be able to resign Fuller and Kurl and have money left over for other players (AT LEAST one other guy that can be a starter depending on the guy and the position).

I've been over CY for quite some time now. He was the #2 overall pick!

I couldn't give a **** about his pressures, hurries and win rates when guys like Khalil Mack had a 5 SACK game last week. That's a what I thought we were getting. A complete game wrecker on defense.

Hope he continues these "almost" plays so it drives up his trade value.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 10/6/2023 at 10:31 AM, Anselmheifer said:

I could see him being tagged if plays well and stays healthy.

I still want them to resign Sweat regardless of what they do with Chase

I'd enjoy seeing our front 4 play with a good DC

Edited by DWinzit

22 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Chase has been phenomenal since coming back. 

Fuller has been excellent this year too.

Curl and the safeties have all sucked.

Also, we don't have to play the which one do we resign game. We have a ton of cap space. 

I don't know if we've adjusted the scheme or what but the middle of the field has been wide open behind Allen and Payne

Chase is starting to flash the disruptive force you want from a top 5 DE. I don’t think you trade him mid season unless someone gives a first round pick. I also think it’s worth tagging/re-signing him and letting Sweat walk, if those are your choices. Sweat is good. Chase can be dominant. 

I also think its important to point out that Chase got those 11 pressures in a game we were blown out.

This was not a situation where we had a lead and the D-line got to pin their ears back... in fact its the complete opposite.The Bears got to run the ball 30+ times, which limits the opportunities to rack up pressures.

I still think Chase needs more game-wrecking plays, but you can't deny what he put on the field vs CHI. That is crazy impressive, and he earned it walking uphill in the snow both ways rather than with a headwind to his back.

You gotta think he will eventually single-handedly destroy a game if that keeps up.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Chae needs to be full energy full time. I got on him last game for loafing when he should have been pursuing. He seems to take plays off. But I do love it when he gets off the edge and snags. RB from behind. Right now to me he is not what I thought we were getting as a generational talent. But I disagreed with the pick in the beginning....I think. To lazy to go look.....think I called him a possible Bosworth. Hope he gets better. 9 sacks in 30 games? Would we consider that elite?

• Thumb up 1