Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

22 hours ago, Hooper said:

From a good source --

Chase and his agent are being cautious because he is a FA. They don't want him to get hurt before he gets paid. 

Meaning Chase is driving this delay not the team. 

If he doesn't play he won't get paid. No one will pay him for potential. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 9/13/2023 at 9:05 PM, Hooper said:

From a good source --

Chase and his agent are being cautious because he is a FA. They don't want him to get hurt before he gets paid. 

Meaning Chase is driving this delay not the team. 

If they believe that, then he hired the wrong people.....which would explain why he made so many bad choices.

• Confused 1

It really felt like Sweat was the only one providing any real impact at DE last week.

Young, even the non-impact play producing version, provided something as opposing Defenses clearly I.D.'d him on major downs.

We'll see if impact Young makes a return but his presence alone makes us better than the guys he is replacing.

I'm hopeful in Young, and very confident in the D as a whole, which will provide Chase w/ every opportunity to succeed.

One of the few luxuries we have on this roster is our DL. You can see that the other 3 first rounders are still thriving and getting better. If Young can get back anywhere near where he was projected, our DL will win us a lot of games. If Chase doesn't get back to where he was projected, our DL will still win us games.

• Like 3

On 9/14/2023 at 7:12 PM, dunfer said:

Time to shave that head too...looks like and extra ten pounds hes carrying. Mabye its enough to get around those tackles

Comment seems a bit off based… care to explain what his hair has to do with his performance or why it belongs in this discussion?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 5

16 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Comment seems a bit off based… care to explain what his hair has to do with his performance or why it belongs in this discussion?

It's a joke. He's saying his hair is heavy and causing performance issues. Seemed pretty obvious... ?

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

It's a joke. He's saying his hair is heavy and causing performance issues. Seemed pretty obvious... ?

What’s obvious is the insensitivity of the comment and now your response to both his comment and to me. I don’t find equating a person’s cultural choices and job performance funny which is why I pointed it out.  And since now you know, it should obviously be left out of the discussion and the thread…

Edited by lovemaskins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb down 4

42 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Honestly im worried Chase's chronic injuries are a result from a more serious condition...tba

17 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

What’s obvious is the insensitivity of the comment and now your response to both his comment and to me. I don’t find equating a person’s cultural choices and job performance funny which is why I pointed it out.  And since now you know, it should obviously be left out of the discussion and the thread…

Wasn't a darn thing "cultural" about his comment. Gates has long hair too, and if he starts underperforming it is also fair game. There is enough stuff that we all have to deal with in this world that is real, No need to go finding imaginary stuff as well. Cheers!

• Like 14
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Well it’s time for Chase to prove himself. Let’s see what he’s got in the tank.

Depressing - rooting to see what our “generational” talent and our highest draft pick in years still has in the tank 4 years in.  What a waste of a pick. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Thumb down 1

On 9/15/2023 at 8:24 PM, lovemaskins said:

There was nothing cultural about the comment. Dude has long hair... it's heavy.. I used to have long hair when I was younger. Accept that you made a tactical error and move on.

• Like 5

On 9/15/2023 at 5:23 PM, FootballZombie said:

It really felt like Sweat was the only one providing any real impact at DE last week.

Young, even the non-impact play producing version, provided something as opposing Defenses clearly I.D.'d him on major downs.

We'll see if impact Young makes a return but his presence alone makes us better than the guys he is replacing.

I'm hopeful in Young, and very confident in the D as a whole, which will provide Chase w/ every opportunity to succeed.

I think the other guys a really “just guys” but play hard and are where they need to be to clean up when the other three DL do good things. And you can work with that.

But if you had another guy who could win immediately opposite sweat who also played in the scheme, man, that’s tough for an offense.  

23 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

Depressing - rooting to see what our “generational” talent and our highest draft pick in years still has in the tank 4 years in.  What a waste of a pick. 

I think this is a bit harsh.  Guy had a devastating knee injury’s which cost him most of 2 seasons.  

The neck injury, you have to be careful with.

The only part if Young’s career which is disappointing is the few games in year 2 before his injury where he was clearly reading his own press clippings.  

Great rookie year, a but of a sophomore slump then got badly injured. 

I agreed with nit picking up the option, and he’s in show it mode.  But he’s been the victim of bad luck with the knee and neck injury.

Lwts see.  If he stays healthy and is not productive, then it’s a wasted pick. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1