Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Like I said before I don't mind guys skipping OTAs and working out on their own but you better ball out. Trent Williams skipped em every year but churned out Pro Bowl season after Pro Bowl season.

TW earned that respect by his play and his loyalty to team.....Chase hasn't earned anything in my book. I just hope he learns from this and steps it up. If not, I believe he will implode.

• Thumb down 1

I know he was a #2 pick and with that comes really high expectations. I think he has looked a little better these last couple of games. Not a world beater for sure. But, it is way too early to call him a bust. He’s 22. There’s a lot of knowledge and strength to be gained yet. He needs to show up this off-season to learn and build on himself. 

by the time he is 24-25 he will be rolling, if in fact he ever does. I know the Bosas killed it right away, but not every person is the same. You definitely do not throw in the towel. He needs to be challenged until he reaches his potential. 

we haven’t seen a ton out of Sweat either. I think he’s way better than he is showing as well. Both skipped the off season

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I know he was a #2 pick and with that comes really high expectations. I think he has looked a little better these last couple of games. Not a world beater for sure. But, it is way too early to call him a bust. He’s 22. There’s a lot of knowledge and strength to be gained yet. He needs to show up this off-season to learn and build on himself. 

by the time he is 24-25 he will be rolling, if in fact he ever does. I know the Bosas killed it right away, but not every person is the same. You definitely do not throw in the towel. He needs to be challenged until he reaches his potential. 

we haven’t seen a ton out of Sweat either. I think he’s way better than he is showing as well. Both skipped the off season

Sweat is on pace for double digit sacks, has more QB hits, and pressures than Chase and it really isn't close. I think we've seen quite a bit more from him than Chase this year. 

• Like 2

On 10/25/2021 at 2:48 PM, Fan since a Fetus said:

I don't think anyone is or should be saying Young is a bust. Disappointing thus far? Absolutely. But nobody in their right mind should be advocating trading him. That would be moronic at this point.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't think anyone is or should be saying Young is a bust. Disappointing thus far? Absolutely. But nobody in their right mind should be advocating trading him. That would be moronic at this point.

I’ve seen people here and there saying he’s a bust based on his draft status. I think Ive seen one person say something about trading, but I don’t think that was in my post. 

I think most are disappointed. However, last game I felt like he was doubled a ton. I didn’t rewatch to come to this conclusion, so take that with a grain of  salt. Plus, I’m thinking that he has helped open Allen up this year.

The biggest reason trading Young would be stupid right now is because you're trading low. I don't think the idea of eventually trading him is ridiculous, because he's really done nothing to put him in that "untouchable" category. But, trading him midway through a year in which he hasn't lived up to his potential is idiotic and just exacerbates the problem with him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Part of me was expecting Hive or Cult treatment the way things were going here end of last season.  Apparently not.

Hes having a really good year with everything but sacks, but there's definitely a big dip in the learning curve. It's probably a good thing since this seasons a wash.

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Damm, where did all the "Young is a future HOF we have to lose to get and cant pass up" posters go?  

Fair enough to call it out, but if it wasn’t Young and let’s say it was Herbert - this call out would have no legs.  In fact, it would be the other way around.  It would be “can you imagine if we somehow won one more meaningless game and didn’t get Herbert?” 

There is still merit to saving a lost season by losing and securing the best possible draft pick you can.  The only difference between 6 wins and 2 is several draft slots.  There is no glory in beating say the bottom feeding Giants if it costs draft position.

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Fair enough to call it out, but if it wasn’t Young and let’s say it was Herbert - this call out would have no legs.  In fact, it would be the other way around.  It would be “can you imagine if we somehow won one more meaningless game and didn’t get Herbert?” 

But we didn't draft Herbert, we drafted Young, the cant miss guy over the one some are now saying we missed.  Ironic, if we did beat the giants last year, maybe we cant get Young and decide to draft Herbert instead.

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

There is still merit to saving a lost season by losing and securing the best possible draft pick you can.  The only difference between 6 wins and 2 is several draft slots.  There is no glory in beating say the bottom feeding Giants if it costs draft position.

Nah, I side with the team in there's no glory in losing and despise tanking.  Look at what we got with Griffin. Look at what's happening with Young.  Thats two years folks were begging us to lose as many games as possible specificly for someone, was it worth it?

• Thanks 1