Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wonder if we start to see Sweat explore more ways to look for strip sacks in the future. The plays highlighted above presented different situations for each player, but did highlight Sweat going for the sack alone and not looking for the strip sack while making the sack. 

My football guys, is this an innate type skill (the ability to make the play while attempting to create the big play)?  Does this compare to a QB having the “natural” ability to move within a pocket and feel pressure? I come from the basketball world and some skills are easier to teach than others and at times felt the player just lacked the feel or ability to raise the ceiling of their potential. 

Long way to get to asking can Sweat get to a Chase You g level with the Art of the strip sack?

On 1/1/2021 at 10:39 AM, GothSkinsFan said:

I cannot wait for Chase Young to be named Super Bowl MVP for his 4-sack, 1 safety, and 1 TD performance when we beat K.C. 10-9.

You honestly think Hopkins makes the XP in that situation?

Talk about living in a fantasy world!

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Actually in his heyday Kerrigan was good at causing fumbles. Chase talked about it before the draft he said he goes for the ball at times before the sack. I think part of it is mindset 

In the last film review podcast I enjoyed Cooley's take about "how many times you successfully rush the passer before you get to the point that you start going for the ball" It's definitely a comfortability getting sacks. Chase Young expects to be in the backfield, he prowls it

On 1/1/2021 at 10:39 AM, GothSkinsFan said:

I cannot wait for Chase Young to be named Super Bowl MVP for his 4-sack, 1 safety, and 1 TD performance when we beat K.C. 10-9.

I got 6 comments on this post but nobody said nothin' about if Chase gets a safety (2 pts) and a TD (6 points), how did we get 10?

Duh!

With 1 second left on the clock after CY scores a TD on a FF/FR-6 to make it 9-8 K.C. (3 long drives engineered by Mahomes end in bitter FGs), Rivera's not stupid enough to take his chips off the table:

"Two point conversion to win the Super Bowl.  It's all on this play.  If Washington scores, they win 10-9 and if not, they lose 9-8.  Here we go.  Alex Smith under center.  In the backfield, Chase Young who's already super-critical and about to explode.  The only cure for this fever is more cowbell and it's in the endzone.  Smith takes the snap.  Hands off to Young.  Washington's nuclear running game begins its chain reaction.  The defensive control rods are failing.  Young is right in behind the other WFT Chase -- Laissez les Chase Young Roullier -- and The Scheriff (the best run-blocking tandem in the world).  Breach in containment!  Young is white hot and explodes into the endzone between Roullier and Scherff!!!  The BEEEEEEEEP* win the Super Bowl!!!  The BEEEEEEEEP* win the Super Bowl!!!  I mean, WFT wins the Super Bowl!!!  Oh god, we have to watch Dan Snyder get the Lombardi Trophy..., wait, what's this?  I'm just now getting word that Dan Snyder was so excited that he head-butted the back wall of his box and has been induced into a medical coma.  This is tragic.  However much you hate Dan Snyder, he's still a, wait, what's this?  Doctors from the NFL, the players union, and the United States Department of Justice have determined that his condition can be cured by a process called proprietary divestment.  Snyder's personal doctor understands the situation and has authorized the procedure.  A special day for long-suffering WFT fans.  Now let's go to the Super Bowl MVP.  Chase, how are you feeling?"

The moral of the story:  nobody bothers Jun Rhee and nobody bothers Chase Young either.

On 1/2/2021 at 10:56 AM, PartyPosse said:

You honestly think Hopkins makes the XP in that situation?

Talk about living in a fantasy world!

No, obviously I don't, which is why Chase runs it in for 2.

I guess you didn't notice that while the Team gets 10 points in my scenario, Chase Young accounts for 8 of those points (FF/FR-6, safety); using the good ol' 2+2 = 4 method, 8+2 = 10.  No kicker necessary.

1 hour ago, GothSkinsFan said:

No, obviously I don't, which is why Chase runs it in for 2.

I guess you didn't notice that while the Team gets 10 points in my scenario, Chase Young accounts for 8 of those points (FF/FR-6, safety); using the good ol' 2+2 = 4 method, 8+2 = 10.  No kicker necessary.

You’re right. My math was off

3 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

He looks like most rookie QBs. His trajectory is normal, what isn't normal is what Herbert is doing. Hes had an insane rookie season. 

What I do find funny is the same people who don't want Fields because he went to OSU also clamor for a shoulda-coulda-woulda for Herbert, even though Oregon has some of the biggest QB busts in history.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1