Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

10 hours ago, YoungPredator99 said:

Chase Young is a monster!

The way he goes for the ball while holding onto Wentz leg in his first career sack is something only an elite player even thinks about doing, let alone executes it.  That is some amazing stuff right there. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

yeah wtf I don't see any offsides at all? they never did a replay live either

Never seen them throw a flag for a neutral zone infraction that late in a play, and the refs did it twice in the first half...

On that play, the flag was because Io's fingers were in the neutral zone when he lined back up after he jumped early.  It was ticky tack.  The first one was an offside call that went against Chase and was like three or four seconds later on the playclock after Chase jumped and yet still before the snap (so how tf is that offsides?) and the OL never moved and Chase didn't touch anyone.  It was a nonsense call. The line judge in that game sucked.

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, purbeast said:

The way he goes for the ball while holding onto Wentz leg in his first career sack is something only an elite player even thinks about doing, let alone executes it.  That is some amazing stuff right there. 

I don't even know how he saw the ball in that situation, let alone was fast enough to get back up and punch it.  He's got good eyes in addition to being the most explosively quick defensive end I've ever seen.  He has the hand speed of a boxer or something.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't even know how he saw the ball in that situation, let alone was fast enough to get back up and punch it.  He's got good eyes in addition to being the most explosively quick defensive end I've ever seen.  He has the hand speed of a boxer or something.

Watching that live I didn't even see him hit the ball.  I just thought Wentz lost it just as he was being dragged to the ground because he flails the ball all around all the time.  Then in the slow motion replay I was like HOLY ****!  Then if you watch it in real time and look for him to swat it, it's even more impressive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Did you see the pic of Chase hitting Wentz with Iaonniadas and Payne (I think)? He was smiling while hitting him. 

He is going to be amazing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

The best defensive debut of a heralded draft pick in Redskins history. Chase thoroughly dominated from beginning to end.

It also seemed to me that Chase caused the fumble, recovered by Kerrigan, that essentially ices the game.

In the reverse angle replay you can see that as Wentz pulls his right hand, which holds the ball, back towards his body it comes in contact with his left arm. If you look closely at his left arm you see that Chase grabs and pushes it into his right hand and the ball comes loose. 

On another play, that was called back, Chase tips a Carson Wentz pass high up in the air that was intercepted but we had someone jump off side.

He also seems to have a veteran’s sixth sense for when a team is running a draw, misdirection, or sucker play against him and he uses that inhuman burst of his to get to and tackle the runner. 

Just awe inspiring to watch him play.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

How many players on defense ended up at 86 last year via PFF?  From what I recall, none even close to it. 

So the NFL saw the Kerrigan fumble the same way I did after reviewing it. Yesterday’s post-game stats only gave him 1.5 sacks and 1 forced fumble. 

Great debut!

Edited by TrancesWithWolves

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Looking for Chase Young to break the season record for strip sacks/FF. 

This stat should rival interceptions and sacks in terms of fan and media value. 

Chase is the master strip sack artist.   He was so in college and off to a hot start in the pros.   We haven't had elite talent that much over the years.  This dude is the real deal.  We got a super star for change.  Not just a good player or a dude we hope emerges into better than good but a real bonafide super star.

I recall last year when i sat down and watched 4 games in a row of Chase, zoning in on just his play, and immediately after I put on the draft thread, that's the dude we need to get.  What made me fall hard was even when he wasn't making plays he was disruptive.  And he was disruptive a lot.   You couldn't sleep on him.  it wasn't the typical good pass rusher who exploits a mismatch or finds a way to make a play from time to time -- that dude was a handful throughout the game.  I was wowed.  I recall saying then something like he might be my favorite college defensive player i've ever watched (IMHO).

I like Kerrigan more than most.  And it doesn't shock me that he had a big game yesterday.  When the Giants won their SBs an underrated aspect of it was how deep their D line was, they had 3-4 pass rushers.   Tuck, Strahan, Kiwunaka, Osi.   it keeps guys fresh and you can move a pass rusher to the inside on obvious passing downs.  But Kerrigan to me isn't typically disruptive play after play.   Neither was Orkapo.  Or Andre Carter or name that pass rusher we've had over the last 20 years or so. 

Young on the other hand in the games I watched was almost constantly a handful.   Guys like Von Miller and K. Mack are special in part because they demand that you need to game plan for them and yet they can still make plays.    That's Chase IMO.  I don't think previously we had a guy like that.  Now we do.  And chase IMO will help bring the best out of the rest of the D line as we've talked about all off season.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, skinbuck said:

He does loaf after creating ungodly fumbles/turnovers! Like against Wisconsin last year, and I think I saw one loaf after a fumble yesterday!! Something to improve..😆

If hes the one making the play it really doesn't matter does it? Id almost rather him not throw his body around for a freaking block on a return and risk injury. 

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

If hes the one making the play it really doesn't matter does it? Id almost rather him not throw his body around for a freaking block on a return and risk injury. 

Of course. Hence my use of the laughy-face

Edited by skinbuck
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Still feel the same this morning? Who are your top 5? 

Crazy to me that Chase was so good in game 1, against a veteran OT in Peters. He could easily have had 3 sacks today. Constant disruption. 

Absolutely, I said the same before he played a down, I have been a Chase Young truther since he was considered the 12th best prospect on his HS team. Young is, without question, the non QB 90% of GMs would start their team with. 

47 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Looking for Chase Young to break the season record for strip sacks/FF. 

This stat should rival interceptions and sacks in terms of fan and media value. 

We are unlikely to play with a lead often, we need to solve some of our problems on offense to get Chase into the record books as a rookie.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, volsmet said:

We are unlikely to play with a lead often, we need to solve some of our problems on offense to get Chase into the record books as a rookie.

Do you know what the record is?

Ya, nothing I expect this year, but it’s fun to speculate that he may make the strip sack a household stat for the common fan.

For example, how many times has one been asked, how many strip sacks that pass rusher have last season or his career? 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Do you know what the record is?

Ya, nothing I expect this year, but it’s fun to speculate that he may make the strip sack a household stat for the common fan.

For example, how many times has one been asked, how many strip sacks that pass rusher have last season or his career? 

I don’t know the record, but I imagine Kearse holds it; Kearse was never particularly kind to *the Vols, so it’s hard to talk about.

Edited by volsmet
  • Haha 2