Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The QB Thread- Change is Name of the QB game

88Comrade2000

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Really, the only thing left is Baker Mayfield’s new home and whether Matt Ryan stays with Falcons.

All other qb holes will be filled in draft or the renaming Lower tier free agents.

Yup, them plus Winston and Mariota still lingering

So. 
we gave up 2 3rds for wentz

and they turned around and got Ryan for1 3rd

And Atlanta ate a 40M dead cap hit to do it. 

😂 

im not a huge Ryan fan - never was a - but I’d take him and a 3rd over Wentz and losing 2 3rds every day of the week. 

• Like 1

Mariotta signs with Falcons. Winston resigns with Saints.

Cleveland doesn’t have many options left to trade Mayfield. Does Seattle or Carolina trade for him?

Jimmy G isn’t going anywhere; unless someone gets hurt in camp.

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

It’s a deal. Looks like Atlanta is drafting a QB.

Well, they may still draft a qb but are rolling with Mariotta.

3 hours ago, tshile said:

So. 
we gave up 2 3rds for wentz

and they turned around and got Ryan for1 3rd

And Atlanta ate a 40M dead cap hit to do it. 

😂 

im not a huge Ryan fan - never was a - but I’d take him and a 3rd over Wentz and losing 2 3rds every day of the week. 

Don't forget the original pick the colts gave up for Wentz, just to toss him aside for Matt Ryan. I still think we won out on this deal. 

If I were the Steelers I'd be trying to work out a three team trade and snag Mayfield on the sneaky.

He may not get moved till after the draft now with only a few who would take him. 

Detroit could be a dark horse team as well as Carolina and Seattle being the obvious ones.

3 hours ago, OMacAttack said:

If I were the Steelers I'd be trying to work out a three team trade and snag Mayfield on the sneaky.

He may not get moved till after the draft now with only a few who would take him. 

Detroit could be a dark horse team as well as Carolina and Seattle being the obvious ones.

Carolina apparently  doesn't want Mayfield.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/22/panthers-reportedly-arent-interested-in-baker-mayfield/

• Haha 1

State of the QB 

*- Starter secure.

#- Potential long term QB

Round and Round, the QB carousel goes.

*Dallas- has their long term QB in Dak.

Philly- Will give Hurts another season but if he doesn't do anything, they will be looking for a long term QB in 22.

DC- We hope Wentz becomes the long term QB but for now, he's our short term QB. If he isn't the long term QB, we will be looking for him in 23 or beyond.

NY- Daniel Jones gets one last chance, or else Giants looking for that long term QB in 23.

#Chicago- Hopes they have their long term QB in Fields.

Detroit- Could draft their long term QB at #32- the Rams pick they have or in 23.

*Green Bay-  Got Aaron for 4 years, unless he retires. Whenever he's done, they are ****ed.

Minnesota- They have Kirk for 2 more years. He has 2 years to prove himself, or else they are getting a new QB in 24.

Atlanta- Short term QB in Mariotta. Could draft a long term guy in this years draft or does Mariotta rebounds into that long term QB.

Carolina- If they don't trade for Mayfield or Jimmy G. , will take a QB in draft.

Tampa- Will ride the Brady train for however long Brady wants to play. Will he retire again in 23 and then unretire? Will he sign for another year or two?  

New Orleans- Riding the Winston train for 2 more years. Either Winston becomes the long term guy, or they get a new QB in 24. They could draft a QB this year though.

#San Francisco- Lance is who they drafted to be the long term guy. Unless Seattle/Carolina trades for Jimmy G; they are stuck with him for this year or until some gets hurt in camp.

*Los Angeles- Gave Stafford a new deal.

Seattle- Unless, they trade for Mayfield or Jimmy G; will be drafting a QB.

*Arizona- Kyler Murray is the QB but things don't work out this year; they could move on from him.

*New England - Mac Jones is their guy.

#New York- They hope Zach Wilson develops into their long term QB.

Miami- Going with Tua/Bridgewater.  Probably looking for a long term QB eventually.

*Buffalo- Long term QB with Josh Allen.

Pittsburgh- Short term QB with Tribusky. Could draft a QB to eventually take over, if Tribusky doesn't have a second life.

*Cleveland- Long term QB in Watson

*Cincy- Long Term QB in Burrow

*Baltimore- Long term QB in Jackson

Indy- Short Term QB in Ryan. Will need that long term guy by 24.

#Jacksonville- Hopes Lawrence develops into that long term QB & recovers from the Meyer disaster.

Houston- Will ride with Mills this year but if he isn't the guy, will draft the guy in 23.

*Tennessee- Have their guy in Tannehill.

*Kansas City- Long term guy in Mahomes.

*Denver- Long term guy in Russell Wilson.

*San Deigo- Long term guy in Herbert.

*Raiders- Likley long term guy in Carr.

The AFC is really strong. Not to many short term guys. The NFC is weak, very few long term guys.  So, the QB carousel likely to continue into 23,24 and maybe beyond. By 24, will know which 21 draftees are busts.

Cleveland Rape Crisis Center reports surge in donations after Deshaun Watson trade

Browns fans who are angered that their team traded for Deshaun Watson amid accusations of sexual assault from massage therapists are channeling that anger into supporting a worthy cause.

The Cleveland Rape Crisis Center says it has had a large number of donations in the days since the Browns traded for Watson, with many donors specifically saying they’re angry that Watson is coming to town and looking to make a positive impact.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Two grand juries decline to to indict...that's gotta be good news for Watson, right? (and the Browns, I'm assuming)...I don't think Washington would have had that type of luck had they traded for him lol...

If he came here, Judge Joe Brown would have already sentenced him to 20 consecutive life sentences before he unpacked his suitcase.

• Haha 1