Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The QB Thread- Change is Name of the QB game

88Comrade2000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have not seen a QB get brutalized like Fields did on Thurs in a while.

Vet QBs can at least get the ball out so they can protect themselves behind a bad line, but Fields holds the ball for a while which compounds the damage. Then you add in some of the shots he takes while rushing... that adds up in a hurry.

I'm kinda surprised he is still in one piece if that is what he goes thru week in and week out.

On 9/19/2022 at 12:59 AM, 88Comrade2000 said:

It will be interesting to see what San Fran does at qb in 23. Ride with Lance, who will be coming back from injury. Get someone else at qb?

I think they have to go with Lance because they traded a boatload to get him.  They have to at least give it a shot before giving up on it.  You can’t pick a player in the top 5 and then never actually play them before giving up on them. 

14 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

I have not seen a QB get brutalized like Fields did on Thurs in a while.

Vet QBs can at least get the ball out so they can protect themselves behind a bad line, but Fields holds the ball for a while which compounds the damage. Then you add in some of the shots he takes while rushing... that adds up in a hurry.

I'm kinda surprised he is still in one piece if that is what he goes thru week in and week out.

He’s just not very good.  Some of that might be he got trash coaching last year.  Some of it is beware Ohio State QBs.  It’s nit their fault, but they playin a system and with players which makes them look much better than they are.  

• Thumb up 1

On 10/19/2022 at 11:03 AM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Saw an article that says Tom Brady may retire during the season. If he did that, that would hurtt his legacy.  Why come back, basically end his marriage and then retire?

Brady reported in his press conference today that there’s “no retirement in my future”. Not sure if that’s because of the article you mentioned, or if he’s hinting at another season playing. Would be crazy for him to play at 46 next year, the way he’s looked this season…..

52 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Brady reported in his press conference today that there’s “no retirement in my future”. Not sure if that’s because of the article you mentioned, or if he’s hinting at another season playing. Would be crazy for him to play at 46 next year, the way he’s looked this season…..

Well, he won’t have a nagging wife anymore; so why not.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought the Panthers were going to finally be in pretty good shape with a healed Baker Mayfield playing for them. I almost felt more positive about him than about Carson Wentz. Turns out I got burned this offseason.

Baker might as well hang it up, this is more humiliating than any individual game.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I expect their to still be sone qb movement next year.  Jimmy G looks to cash in. Plenty of teams will probably go after him, including us??  

Tom Brady’s a free agent. Does he go to San Fran and they shelve Lance for another year?

Will Aaron retire or will GB find a way to trade him.

I think after Russell Wilson, teams will be reluctant to trade for an older qb. Signing them as a free agent is easier.

On 11/25/2022 at 4:16 PM, Ball Security said:

Daniel Jones is hard to figure out.  I’d say he’s a top 32 QB, but if you are a team trying to win, he holds you back.  But the Giants are in a tough situation to get a QB as they have seven wins.

He's a bad passer but a good runner. But he's not dynamic like Jackson or Fields and also turns it over too much.

If I'm the Giants I'd let him walk.