Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have your self a game Fabian Moreau.

wtfskins

So let me see if I have this right..... Norman doesn't sniff the field (cept for ST) and the rest of the guys are in position, covering their ground, and bonus... getting turnovers. I know it was a Driskel led Lions air attack but lets be honest that first pick by Moreau would have been a walk in the end zone backwards touchdown had J-No - Let-em- go  ! been on that man. Addition by subtraction, the other guys in the secondary were probably relieved. 

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Great game against a QB who started the season as a WR on the Bengals.

Those kind of QB's have been known to have big games against the Skins.

Important things is, the specific passes that he intercepted, were not poorly thrown balls.

They were well-thrown balls, that Moreau did an exceptional job of stealth, legal thievery.

Also, Julian Edelman was a former QB, and now a great WR.

Perhaps there is not so much of a gap between playing the positions, as many of us might think - even at an NFL level.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Funniest thing about that is the 3rd remake was one of the biggest cluster****s of a movie of all time. Like us.

Sad part is I would rather have watched that movie than that game yesterday.

6 hours ago, Burgold said:

It could be that Moreau is just not a good slot corner.

It definitely looks like that.  Slot corners have a very tough job in today’s NFL.  There is no sideline to help you, and you’ve got a ton of space to worry about.  It’s why I was incredibly disappointed to see Fuller go, because he was the man there.  I believe the Chiefs moved him outside and had some struggles there.  

6 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It definitely looks like that.  Slot corners have a very tough job in today’s NFL.  There is no sideline to help you, and you’ve got a ton of space to worry about.  It’s why I was incredibly disappointed to see Fuller go, because he was the man there.  I believe the Chiefs moved him outside and had some struggles there.  

Totally agree with you slot corner is absolutely hard to play in the NFL.  Just look at the elusive and athletic slot receivers every team has.  He played awesome outside. 

He's got all the traits to be one of the top outside corners in this league. Showed that consistently at UCLA. 

Which I've no doubt he would be by now under better coaches and a more conducive situation. 

We got a steal of a pick in the lower third at the time and hopefully when a competent defensive staff replaces the current one he'll really start to fulfil that. 

Hail. 

18 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It really is an under appreciated difficulty in the NFL.  Most players can't play multiple positions within a certain positional group.  Certain OLBs are much better suited on the left side rather than the right.  Guards can't always play tackle, ILBs cant always rush from the outside, and this hopefully is another instance of a guy struggling playing out of position.  Thus a flash when he gets to play a position he is seemingly more comfortable at.  A lot of things matter when it comes to stuff like that, and I hope Fabian continues to develop out there.  Not having to spend a ton on CB this offseason could mean we address some more glaring holes.  

That said, we played Detroit.  I'm looking to see what he can do over the next 5 weeks looking at some better QBs. 

14 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

We had PFF's highest rated slot CB...🙄

Imagine having Dunbar and Moreau on the outside, with Kendall Fuller in the slot.

I get your frustration with it, but why even throw this out there?  We have made some terrible front office decisions, and we are all aware of them.  Why take a positive thread showing praise to a player coming off a good game and make it about previous, unrelated, transactions?  

54 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I get your frustration with it, but why even throw this out there?  We have made some terrible front office decisions, and we are all aware of them.  Why take a positive thread showing praise to a player coming off a good game and make it about previous, unrelated, transactions?  

Because we're all dead inside :(

47 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Because we're all dead inside :(

I get that... and i am too... just don't want to get reminded of it every time something good happens.

We did this well.... 'yea but, could you imagine?'

We drafted a QB... "we already had a qb"

The decisions of the past cannot be changed.  This constant reminder of 'what if' can be exhausting, especially when we have open threads ASKING 'what if' like the one asking if we regret signing Cousins.  A thread i'm participating in.  I love the nostalgia and though process, but a constant shoveling of reminders of how bad we've had it over the last umpteen years is probably what is killing us all inside.  We also had Preston Smith who has double digit sacks this year.  I'm aware of the issue in the front office, and i'm of the same mindset of a lot of people around here, that we're likely going to struggle mightily until certain moves off the field are made.  That has nothing to do with Fabian Moreau having a good game.... 

The ES football philosophy is amazing: Have one decent game/get penciled in as a ten-year starter.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:50 AM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

He's got all the traits to be one of the top outside corners in this league. Showed that consistently at UCLA. 

What time do PAC 10 games get broadcast in England? And why were you watching a 4-8 team?

2 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The ES football philosophy is amazing: Have one decent game/get penciled in as a ten-year starter.

IIRC, he was extremely highly rated coming out of college, and he only dropped due to some injury like Triceps or Pecs or something like that, which he's clearly recovered from fully.

He just hasn't had the chance to prove it until now, and the first opportunity he gets, he shines.

It may be premature to annoint him a shut down corner or whatever, but there is still plenty of reason for optimism, and no reason for pessimism.

Besides the talent he possesses, he is also very mature and works very hard. So yea, I have high hopes for him.

If you ignore the 'playing to the gallery' Cowboys GM tone as part of our annual mock exercise, (and those that follow that will know the extensive work that most of us put into the college game through the fall watching these guys), FWIW, this was my layman's scout view in taking Fabian. 

Nice time to revisit that as we look to the roster going forward. 

Hail. 

15 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

If you ignore the 'playing to the gallery' Cowboys GM tone as part of our annual mock exercise, (and those that follow that will know the extensive work that most of us put into the college game through the fall watching these guys), FWIW, this was my layman's scout view in taking Fabian. 

Nice time to revisit that as we look to the roster going forward. 

Hail. 

No one slurps the Cowboys like you slurp the Cowboys.

Fail.

• 2 weeks later...

Three interceptions in two games and should of been a td as well.  Why has this guy been sitting behind Norman just because he gets paid less?  

Moreau is a good football player and so are these other young players who had a chance to play and impact the game in Carolina.  

Archived