Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Serious Question: Do you regret letting Cousins go?

skins4ever28

21 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Cousins drops 30 on the Seahawks in Seattle but loses and gets shredded. Meanwhile our guy can barely crack 50% passing and 150 yards and people rave about him.

This fan base man...

I would love to party with Skin fans someday. They seem like a fun fanbase to hang out with.

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Kirk is more than capable of having very good games, but at this stage in his career he isn't going to be judged by his box score.  He is going to be judged on not being able to generate 3 yards in two tries to convert a 1st down in the biggest game of the season for him and the Vikings.  That is just the way it is.  It doesn't make him a bad QB, but it also shows he isn't on that next level.

Hey mike, the question is do you regret letting Cousins go ? Not is Cousins the second coming of Tom Brady.   You honestly going to sit here and tell me we are a better team without him... The amount of mental gymnastics in this thread is  🤮😒🤣

55 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Cousins drops 30 on the Seahawks in Seattle but loses and gets shredded. Meanwhile our guy can barely crack 50% passing and 150 yards and people rave about him.

This fan base man...

Show me the post where someone said Dwayne should get a 3 year $84m guaranteed contract and I will decorate his house for Christmas with TP.

1 minute ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Hey mike, the question is do you regret letting Cousins go ? Not is Cousins the second coming of Tom Brady.   You honestly going to sit here and tell me we are a better team without him... The amount of mental gymnastics in this thread is  🤮😒🤣

Ok sure, for starters the question is hard to answer considering the Redskins didn't "Let Cousins go" he was a free agent and he didn't want to be here.  The Redskins had zero say in the situation other than franchising him a 3rd year in a row. Is that what you wanted?  

Would the team be better with Cousins right now? DUH!!!!!  Is anyone claiming otherwise?  Would Cousins be better than a 2 backup journeyman and a rookie project QB?  I am glad some have set that high bar for Cousins to be better than. What were the results with Cousins here?  Let's not confuse criticism of Cousins as some kind of endorsement for this awful front office. 

Just now, SkinFanInMinn said:

Well you have somone who shall remain nameless in the ATN thread claiming that Cousins pulling them to within 4 with 7 minutes left in the fourth quarter were "garbage-time" scores...

Yeah I saw that, and I refuted it because despite my Cousins criticisms, I thought it was a bad take. 

1 minute ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

I do find it amusing that some set the bar so high for Cousins and so low for Haskins.

Who on this website has said that Haskins is playing better than Cousins this season? You say "some", so I'm looking forward to at least 2 quotes.

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

Who on this website has said that Haskins is playing better than Cousins this season? You say "some", so I'm looking forward to at least 2 quotes.

I think you need to re-read what I said.  I said they are setting the bar much higher for Cousins than for Haskins.  Cousins has to be the second coming of Tom Brady while many are just glad when Haskins can complete passes without overthrowing.  I wasn't comparing how they are playing against each other at all, just people's expectations of the two.

2 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

I think you need to re-read what I said.  I said they are setting the bar much higher for Cousins than for Haskins.  Cousins has to be the second coming of Tom Brady while many are just glad when Haskins can complete passes without overthrowing.  I wasn't comparing how they are playing against each other at all, just people's expectations of the two.

The bars are higher because at year 7, Cousins still has noticeable humps he can't get over. (The only 0-8 player on MNF in NFL history, the latest example of it.) Haskins already failed to jump his bar when he started the season. He already failed his expectations, spectacularly. The debate about Kirk being worth his $84m guaranteed is still ongoing. The debate about Haskins being worth a first rounder is already pretty much over. It's a no. It's moved on to "is he a complete bust". That is still to be written.

3 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

You've got to realize that the folks you're talking about have a lot of years invested in disliking Cousins.  There is literally nothing that could transpire that will change their opinion on the guy.  You still see folks touting the Vikings roster like its elite, only in an effort to discredit Cousins.  

I'm certain that Dwayne will soon draw the ire of the folks defending him today, when he fails to carry a Bruce Allen built team anywhere meaningful.  

26 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The bars are higher because at year 7, Cousins still has noticeable humps he can't get over. (The only 0-8 player on MNF in NFL history, the latest example of it.) Haskins already failed to jump his bar when he started the season. He already failed his expectations, spectacularly. The debate about Kirk being worth his $84m guaranteed is still ongoing. The debate about Haskins being worth a first rounder is already pretty much over. It's a no. It's moved on to "is he a complete bust". That is still to be written.

OOOO Please ! Cousins was LIGHT years ahead of Haskins in his rookie season. Its not even close. Not to mention Cousins first NFL start he rallied us with a 28 point second half come from behind victory over Cleveland, You really want to compare Haskins to Cousins

Regular Season

Passing Rushing Scoring Fumbles Off. Snaps Def. Snaps ST Snaps
Rk Date G# Week Age Tm   Opp Result GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD 2PM TD Pts Fmb FL FF FR Yds TD Num Pct Num Pct Num Pct
  3 Games             2-1-0   33 48 68.75 466 4 3 101.6 3 27 9.71 8.56 3 22 7.33 0 1 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 0            
1 2012-10-07 5 5 24.049 WAS   ATL L 17-24   5 9 55.56 111 1 2 97.2 1 6 12.33 4.56 0 0   0   0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 13 27% 0 0% 0 0%
2 2012-12-09 13 14 24.112 WAS   BAL W 31-28   2 2 100.00 26 1 0 158.3 0 0 13.00 23.00 0 0   0 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 10% 0 0% 0 0%
3 2012-12-16 14 15 24.119 WAS @ CLE W 38-21 * 26 37 70.27 329 2 1 104.4 2 21 8.89 8.76 3 22 7.33 0   0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 75 100% 0 0% 0 0%

5 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

OOOO Please ! Cousins was LIGHT years ahead of Haskins in his rookie season. Its not even close. Not to mention Cousins first NFL start he rallied us with a 28 point second half come from behind victory over Cleveland, You really want to compare Haskins to Cousins, Get the ...... 

Regular Season

Passing Rushing Scoring Fumbles Off. Snaps Def. Snaps ST Snaps
Rk Date G# Week Age Tm   Opp Result GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD 2PM TD Pts Fmb FL FF FR Yds TD Num Pct Num Pct Num Pct
  3 Games             2-1-0   33 48 68.75 466 4 3 101.6 3 27 9.71 8.56 3 22 7.33 0 1 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 0            
1 2012-10-07 5 5 24.049 WAS   ATL L 17-24   5 9 55.56 111 1 2 97.2 1 6 12.33 4.56 0 0   0   0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 13 27% 0 0% 0 0%
2 2012-12-09 13 14 24.112 WAS   BAL W 31-28   2 2 100.00 26 1 0 158.3 0 0 13.00 23.00 0 0   0 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 10% 0 0% 0 0%
3 2012-12-16 14 15 24.119 WAS @ CLE W 38-21 * 26 37 70.27 329 2 1 104.4 2 21 8.89 8.76 3 22 7.33 0   0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 75 100% 0 0% 0 0%

You're making my point word for word lol. Haskins isn't as good as Cousins, and it was never up for debate. Haskins is getting congratulated when he manages to not look terrible. Kirk isn't getting that congratulations because he is clearly better than that lol

If you haven't noticed that the majority of the posts praising Haskins are covered in "this is encouraging because he looked absolutely horrid before", then I don't know what to tell you lol

42 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I understand the reasoning and wasn't arguing anything about, just that I find it "amusing".  For some, no matter what, Cousins can do no right.  But then many are looking for any thread of hope to see in Haskins play.  Just light-year differences.  Would be interesting to see if there was any intersection between those two groups and how much, but that sounds like work.  😁

22 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

I understand the reasoning and wasn't arguing anything about, just that I find it "amusing".  For some, no matter what, Cousins can do no right.  But then many are looking for any thread of hope to see in Haskins play.  Just light-year differences.  Would be interesting to see if there was any intersection between those two groups and how much, but that sounds like work.  😁

This season should provide him the opportunity to make some noise in the playoffs and elevate his stature. If your argument is that he’s a good QB, a top 12 type, then I don’t think you’ll get much resistance, even from the Kirk detractors. 

I’d often say when he was a Skin, he’s a guy depending on the year that could be QB 10 or QB 23. I feel he’s cemented himself as a top 12 guy and that’s a known variable he provides a franchise, I didn’t always feel that way about him. 

For Kirk, it’s become about the pivotal games, making the playoffs, and success in the playoffs. This is 100% a credit to him and him separating from the pack of average QBs. He’s a good QB lacking a resume of meaningful wins and playoff seasons. This is no way an indictment, Kirk will be a starting QB for the rest of his career, due his talent and skill. 

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

You're making my point word for word lol. Haskins isn't as good as Cousins, and it was never up for debate. Haskins is getting congratulated when he manages to not look terrible. Kirk isn't getting that congratulations because he is clearly better than that lol

If you haven't noticed that the majority of the posts praising Haskins are covered in "this is encouraging because he looked absolutely horrid before", then I don't know what to tell you lol

I dont think Cousins was "light" years ahead of Dwayne.  Kirk played an ok game against Cleveland but only played like 5 plays against BAL and a quarter against the Falcons.  Its tough to get a read on how "good" or "bad" he was then.  But we do know that it took YEARS to develop him into an 8-8 QB.  I would say that what we are seeing from Dwayne right now is enough to have me excited for his development.  But lets not sit here and say that Kirk was amazing.  Just go look at his stats from 2014.  Reminder, he was drafted 3 years prior.  

2 hours ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

I do find it amusing that some set the bar so high for Cousins and so low for Haskins.

Remember the days when the same clowns said that Cousins will be a good backup somewhere someday because clearly that was the ceiling?

😶

36 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I've said it 1000 times and will continue to say it, Kirk can change the narrative whenever he's ready and last night was another opportunity to do that.

Yep last night was Kirk in a nut shell.  He was the reason the Vikes were even in that game, he played great as he has been playing for 2 months.   Until the game was on the line, then he pulled a Kirk.   There should be little question that Kirk has this issue, he's also a damned good QB and better than anything we have seen here in 3 decades and probably for the next 3 decades.  

45 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I've said it 1000 times and will continue to say it, Kirk can change the narrative whenever he's ready and last night was another opportunity to do that.

Maybe Kirk can’t though.  Maybe it’s just efficient, conservative, B- play all the way down.  Maybe it’s just Chris Chandler?

And the same people are droning on with the same debate, the question is Do you regret the Redskins letting Cosuins go , Not can Kirk Cousins win a Superbowl and be league MVP. Or are you people that delusional to think we are ever winning anything more than a wildcard game with Dan Snyder as the owner of this football team ? 🤣🤣🤣

See, untill you face the reality that a 8-8 season with our QB throwing for 4000+ yards is in fact OUR SUPERBOWL you people will continue to live this pipe dream that some day this organization is going win it all. IT NOT HAPPENING !!! Never, the ceiling for this franchise is being competitive not being dominate and with Cousins we were not only competitive every Sunday we were dangerous.  Now we are the laughing stock of the league 

Archived