Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Caps vs Nats...which title run getting more juice?

hail2skins

The Caps winning and getting over the hump in '18 meant so much to everyone in this town. We hadn't seen anything like it since 1991 (with exception for the DCU titles, which do count but didn't have the regional sale) 

The Caps run broke the stupid 20 year; can't get to the league final 4 ridiculous curse and had a legend hoist the Cup.

This run so far is great and I know I'll be excited if we are in the WS, but its not nearly at the "juice" level for me. I am still riding the high from the Caps winning the Cup 

On 10/14/2019 at 5:43 PM, SkinsHokieFan said:

The Caps winning and getting over the hump in '18 meant so much to everyone in this town. We hadn't seen anything like it since 1991 (with exception for the DCU titles, which do count but didn't have the regional sale) 

The Caps run broke the stupid 20 year; can't get to the league final 4 ridiculous curse and had a legend hoist the Cup.

This run so far is great and I know I'll be excited if we are in the WS, but its not nearly at the "juice" level for me. I am still riding the high from the Caps winning the Cup 

This is all fair.

I'll say the reason I see this run as different is that the other big three have been around for a while, when the Nats moved here and pretty much started from scratch in regards to fan base.  They didnt have old head to help limp along like the Redskins, that fan base was started from ground zero and shows how important winning is to growing that. 

The idea that this area is too transient for a strong local fan base is utter BS and the Nats prove that.

Can we please not start this rhetoric?

The worst part of D.C. sports is all the people who consider certain teams' success irrelevant. I want to be like Boston (without the arrogance) where no matter which of the four teams have a chance, everyone is on board regardless of how much you like the sport.

On 10/14/2019 at 4:48 PM, hail2skins said:

I haven't read the Nats thread so this question may have been raised in there but was curious as to what folks thought. Of course the Nats run is still in progress, but right now at least going to the WS looks likely. Discuss.....

Yeah, that's what I thought in '79 when the Orioles had a 3-1 lead on the Pirates in the WS. The Caps and Nats run are the same to me as far as being nervous. Washington hasn't been in the WS since '33, and the Caps hadn't even held up a Stanley Cup before '18. Both runs are like walking down the road of cautious optimism.

Archived