Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Daniel Jones era begins

Idaho fan

16 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Skins will have a game against the Bucs to game plan with.  Hopefully they can get to the Rook.

I dont think you have ever watched a Skins game in your life lol

Seriously though... good. I want to see Jones live up to the (more recent) hype. I was hoping Our rook would get to play him too but its not looking like it gonna happen this season. 

Wonder if there is any chance the Skins follow suit if they lose to the Bears.  Im thinking probably not since it doesn't appear that the passing game is anywhere near the top of the problem list.

As bad as Manusky is I am hopeful that he can find a way confuse and get pressure on him.  It will be the Giants first game at home with Jones.  Ill be there and it would be fun to watch our front 7 light him up.  I suppose its probably to much to hope for.  Allen should be back by then though so will see.

The Giants made a good decision. They play Tampa this week and the 'Skins next week.  Tampa has a good defense, but the stats after 2 weeks are somewhat skewed because they played the Panthers who can't move the ball.  They were torched by SF in week 1, though.

In the next 2 opponents, the Giants play an average TB team with an "ok" defense and then the 'Skins.

Not a bad set of opponents to start a career with.  

As a side note, assuming Manusky is still here, if he doesn't heat up Jones with blitzes from absolutely everywhere, I will be pissed.  If he thinks that they can't just sit back and wait for Jones to make mistakes, he's going to pick us apart.  

Greg needs to go look up some of the old Gregg Williams game plans from 2004 and start plagiarizing them. Sure, they're 15 years old, but they are more innovative than anything Manusky can come up with on his own.  

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Greg needs to go look up some of the old Gregg Williams game plans from 2004 and start plagiarizing them. Sure, they're 15 years old, but they are more innovative than anything Manusky can come up with on his own.  

Thats ****ing sick :(

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't think Manusky has a large enough salary to pay bounty bonuses.

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Just out of curiousity...when was the last time we played a rookie QB? 

2017 - CJ Beathard against the 49ers. Win

2016 - Wentz twice, both wins 

2016 - Dak twice, both losses

2016 - Kessler (Cleveland) Win

2015 - Winston - won.  Code Red Game if I’m not mistaken.  

So minus the 2 Dak losses in 2015, Jay has had a pretty good record against rookie QBs since 2015.

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

2017 - CJ Beathard against the 49ers. Win

2016 - Wentz twice, both wins 

2016 - Dak twice, both losses

2016 - Kessler (Cleveland) Win

2015 - Winston - won.  Code Red Game if I’m not mistaken.  

So minus the 2 Dak losses in 2015, Jay has had a pretty good record against rookie QBs since 2015.

So 5-2 record. Interesting. Guess that should end the “redskins suck against rookie QBs” narrative. 

17 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So if we get swept by the Giants, that must mean we beat the Patriots

I don’t see how those two things are related.  

Also, us beating the Patriots is about as likely as me walking down the street, bumping into Natalie Dormer and her inviting me back to her hotel room for festivities.  It COULD happen.  But it’s highly unlikely.  

18 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So 5-2 record. Interesting. Guess that should end the “redskins suck against rookie QBs” narrative. 

If you go back further it’s pretty atrocious.  

But of all the Jay Gruden alarming statistics, he’s been pretty good against rookie QBs.  Except Dak. 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Also, us beating the Patriots is about as likely as me walking down the street, bumping into Natalie Dormer and her inviting me back to her hotel room for festivities.  It COULD happen.  But it’s highly unlikely.  

If you go back further it’s pretty atrocious.  

I think he’s referring to the 2011 season when we swept the giants and lost to the patriots. The joke being if we get swept by the giants this season, then we’d beat the patriots. But then again, in 2015 we split with the giants and lost to the patriots anyway, so 😂

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It's based on history, as opposed to logic.

Because the Skins typically play the opposite of what's expected : lose the games we should absolutely win, and win the games we absolutely should lose.

Perfect example, is our unusually long trend of beating the team that won the Super Bowl, later that same year.

Matter of fact, I believe one of those instances actually included a win against the Patriots who went on to win the Super Bowl.

I believe it happened under Spurrier.

I could be mistaken about some minor facts, but the trend I'm talking about was very real and most Skins fans know about it.

42 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

We suck so bad we don't even beat the SB team anymore. Hell, we even lost the game that was supposed to be deciding the next president.

technically we didn’t WIN either (in 2016 at least...). We had a bye week the Sunday before Election Day, so our game was the week before, in London, which as you may remember, was a tie :P 

2012, however, was a loss to the panthers i believe

Archived