Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

6 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Flyers snatched Michkov from the Capitals just before the Caps picked at 8.  Caps take Ryan Leonard who is described as a Wilson-type player, though not as big.

Watched the last few picks. Will be cool to track Leonard in his year in college.

10 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Flyers snatched Michkov from the Capitals just before the Caps picked at 8.  Caps take Ryan Leonard who is described as a Wilson-type player, though not as big.

I don't know anything about this kid but he's with the team so I'm all in.

• 1 month later...
  • ixcuincle changed the title to 2022-23 Washington Capitals Thread (Capitals re-sign Tom Wilson)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ticket prices for our ECHL team (Gladiators) went through the roof for the product on the ice...they were terrible.  Nights like the Teddy Bear Toss and Pink the Rink are big, but my girlfriends and I haven't been in a while, and we used to go to at least 2-3 games a month. 

I've got a Thrashers practice sweater & a blanket, even went to some Knights games back in the day.  I'd love to see a successful team here, but I don't know. 

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Because Atlanta is a large city capable of supporting professional sports franchises and the other 2 are not. 

True, I guess the NHL has implemented the philosophy of that third time's a charm! However, it is hypothetical since the expansion of the NHL is not in the plans.  

Edited by Maxito

• ixcuincle changed the title to 2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread
  • 3 weeks later...

You know, perhaps the easiest solution to allow the support of causes without outing players as non-supporters is to have just a "cause night" type deal where players can pick from a bevy of causes to support.  Then you won't have a spotlight on someone not donning a pride jersey because it's not a binary "support pride or nonsupport pride".

• Like 2