Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

There we go, PP goal to start the period and it's a tie game.

McMichael!  Just like that, we're back on top!

That was a great pass by Mantha to hit McMichael for the goal.  Sauced it over the sprawling defender and landed right on Mikey's tape in front of the net.

Edited by PokerPacker

On 10/10/2023 at 9:51 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

'Had to be done': Coyotes' Travis Dermott on using Pride tape, forcing NHL's hand

D-man's decision led to league rescinding ban on using tape to support social causes

ravis Dermott had a lot on his mind as he carefully wrapped the shaft of his hockey stick with rainbow-coloured tape.

The NHL had dispatched a memo to teams before the season reiterating its ban on altering on-ice gear for warmups and practices to reflect theme nights.

The Arizona Coyotes defenceman was about to become the first player to defy that edict on supporting social causes — including Pride tape for the LGBTQ community.

And he was going to do it in a game.

"A bunch of thoughts are going through your head," Dermott said in a phone interview this week. "But not one of them was, 'Should I do this or shouldn't I do this?' It was more, 'How fast is it going to blow up? How much is it going to blow up? Is anyone even going to notice?'

"It had to be done. I was going to deal with whatever came my way."

It also didn't take long for the NHL to backpedal. The league announced less than 72 hours later its ban on using stick tape to support social causes, including rainbow-coloured Pride tape, had been rescinded.

Click on the link for the full article

What a weak call.  Guy charges through a sea of sticks and skates in front of the net and falls over because of course you'll trip over something when you intentionally skate into all of that.

Shortie!  Great pass to set Wilson up behind the D by McMichael.

Edited by PokerPacker