Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

11 hours ago, Maxito said:

Sad day for the fanbase and Backstrom and the club.  Would have been appropriate if/when Ovechkin breaks the record he would be either on the ice or him being the one who has the assist. Hope for a speedy recovery, and hope its not the end of his career!

Agreed.

He's also Mrs. Skinfans favorite player.  I just ordered her a new sweater....

• Like 2

They finally scored!

edit: Under review...

...aaaaand overturned.  Again.  4 goals overturned in the last 5 games for the Caps.

Caps controlled the play the entire freaking game and lose 3-0.  Those are the worst games to watch.

Edited by PokerPacker

I just want to say that McMichael has really impressed me so far this season.  There were some question marks about him with his inability to crack the Capitals lineup the last few seasons, but he's shown he definitely belongs here; wonder how much of that was simply Laviolette's allergy to young people.  McMichael has shown to be a smart player, and he seems to have some sneaky speed with some real smooth skating and puck-handling.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Feels like they should of gotten 2 tonight. Definitely look NHLish lately though. 

Definitely controlled play in the 1st period, which unfortunately lead to a 1-2 score in favor of the bad guys, but I think the Cats turned it on after the first period and it was a much more even game after that point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I just want to say that McMichael has really impressed me so far this season.  There were some question marks about him with his inability to crack the Capitals lineup the last few seasons, but he's shown he definitely belongs here; wonder how much of that was simply Laviolette's allergy to young people.  McMichael has shown to be a smart player, and he seems to have some sneaky speed with some real smooth skating and puck-handling.

Lavi set the team back a couple of season by not playing young players. 

• Like 1