Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

This really ****ing sucks.  Caps up 1-0 in the series and then get swept 4 in a row after, 2 of those where they had the lead with like 5 mins left in each game.  And now no Caps hockey for months.

DC sports gonna DC sports.

• Sad 1

I guess having the sabres and devils  on our schedule really inflated the sense of how good we were. 

we are lucky to have one cup win. 

erat for forsberg. 
letting Barry go. 
Vrana and picks for Mantha. 

screw you ted. 

Edited by SkinsFanRob

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, cause losing 4-2 in last years 1st round was sooo much better than losing 4-1. His first seasons 1st round was competitive. Last year? About the same as this year. 

This is the worst I've ever seen the caps play in the playoffs, so ya reirden was better. Even if just a little

Reirden was terrible. Lavi deserves some blame for the end of game 2, but the Caps hadn't been whole going into the playoffs. There are certainly issues and GMBM's trade is terrible at least in the short term. 

26 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

I guess having the sabres and devils  on our schedule really inflated the sense of how good we were. 

It certainly made a shortened season seem longer, playing the same teams over and over 

• Like 1

I don’t even know what to say, just pathetic from our top 6. Mcmicheal, Fehervary, Alexeyev and Leason should play next year. No goals from our top 2 centers this whole series, fire Forsythe into the stratosphere 

Riding train home from game 5

4 and 5 were just **** efforts

They kept it within 1 goal 1 2 and 3

Imploding 4 and 5 lost them the series. 2 straight losses in 5 is not acceptable.

People need to be held accountable. The game had a pp early (many in fact) and it couldn't do ****. I'd expect some assistant coaching shakeups and discarding some dead weight.

56 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

This series is one of the reasons i wanted the islanders or penguins in the 1st round. Didn’t we suck against Boston in the regular season? Yeah, cause that was clearly going to change in the playoffs....LOL!!! Nope. Guess not. 

4-4

But Boston also put up some blowouts