Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

32-15 in shots on goal is terrible. The goalies have played good enough to win this series. 

you cannot hit a player down like that. That would be a major on tom wilson if he did that ****. 

A goalie can only do so much when they other team has 20 more shots and a lot more high quality chances. 

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

Because Mantha was clearly crosschecked directly in the back leading up to that.

You have to re-watch that because that is totally wrong. He wasn't touched. 

• Like 2

Just now, mammajamma said:

This is the worst I've seen the caps play in a big game in a very long time. This core might be toast

That's why if they lose they have to get younger and faster. 

Samsonov definitely starts next game. He's been excellent. If could be 7-1 at this point without him. 

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

That's why if they lose they have to get younger and faster. 

Samsonov definitely starts next game. He's been excellent. If could be 7-1 at this point without him. 

Completely agree. Sam is our goalie of the future. The rest of the group I don't really care anymore

Mantha is an empty sweater. Sammy has been solid, not spectacular.  The top line has been absent.  It shouldn't take 4 games to figure out the B's structure. 

This game feels like exactly what we wanted to avoid when we canned Reirden and hired Lavy.  WTF?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Hersh said:

If the Caps lose, GMBM  needs to focus on getting this team younger and faster with new blood. More speed is needed. 

Cannot double down on being a veteran team anymore. 

This. I felt this way after last year. The veteran core left it all on the ice in the cup run. While I am thankful for it, the entire team looks tired and old. Swap out either Buffalo or New Jersey for Carolina or Tampa bay and this team is watching the playoffs.