Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins Can't Win With These Coaches

desertbeagle85

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Oh I don't disagree, I'm ready to try anything at this point. Just always trying to temper expectations of O'Connell around here because I haven't seen a reason for all the optimism. I'm all for giving him a chance. I'm done with Gruden in every capacity

O’Connell might at least deviate from the run-pass-pass formula before the game gets out of hand.

Just now, Hooper said:

I don’t get the O’Connell love either. Media just seems to love writing about young, good-looking coaches. 

That said, yeah, I could see Danny firing Gruden, promoting KOC and eating him alive.

Other than backing up Brady for some time, O'Connell really has no experience that would make someone think he's a budding offensive genius. 

I'd look forward to seeing what he does with his chance (as long as it's this year and not as our future) but yeah there's a lot of wishful thinking going around trying to project him as the next McVay aka the one that got away

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'd call 'em a bunch of bums, but that'd be an insult to bums.

I really want to post a gif of a whole lots of bums.  But this is a family friendly community...

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

In fairness, I never really want to be Greg Manusky.  Or, said another way, someone who is wholly incapable of doing my job...

I'm just flabbergasted by the play calling. DL looks like it's getting worn down quick. They don't send any heat. Norman is sooo bad they back off everyone. How many times does he have to get isolated on a speed WR before they recognize and adjust. Teams are looking for him. He's averaging a +40 yd td a game. I wouldn't even be mad if the secondary was getting beat in press man. But it's death by a 1,000 cuts watching them. I like Holcomb but he was getting swallowed by dallass OL. SMDH

The Redskins’ defense was supposed to be the strength of the team. It’s not.

When the game was in the balance, when the fans who filed into FedEx Field wearing burgundy hadn’t yet been shamed out of their own building, the Washington Redskins needed a stop from their defense. This is the defense around which this roster has been built. This is the defense that regularly makes statements that resemble this, from cornerback Josh Norman late Sunday afternoon: “We’re much better than what we’re doing right now.”

Are they?

...“I’m a little bit surprised,” said Norman, the big-money cover guy who was seen most prominently Sunday trying and failing to prevent the 51-yard bomb to Devin Smith that pulled the Cowboys even. “I’d lie to you if I say I wasn’t. It’s shocking, I think not just for myself but everybody else.”

...It’s the kind of lament we hear so frequently from this crew as the results appear worse and worse. Want another layer off this onion? Through two games, Washington has allowed 910 yards of offense. In the last 35 years, according to pro-football-reference.com, exactly one Washington team has opened a season by allowing more yards in its first two games. That team: the 2013 squad that was Mike Shanahan’s last here, a season that ended in a 3-13 death spiral.''

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/the-redskins-defense-was-supposed-to-be-the-strength-of-the-team-its-not/2019/09/15/36188330-d7e0-11e9-ac63-3016711543fe_story.html

7 minutes ago, theTruthTeller said:

I'd be all for an early Bye-Bye week, but I'd like to know where the quality coaching replacements would be coming from.  And why they would be better.

Who cares, they wouldn't be the guys going forward anyways. Just something, anything to see what potential can be salvaged from this lost season.

4 hours ago, Burgold said:

Gruden is full of stink. He got very cute with the run in the first half. Never really ran and probably couldn't run in the second half. Still, the cuteness almost felt like an attempt not to use Peterson and Peterson was out of the line up A LOT, including on 2nd or 3rd and short.

I loved that first sideline update from Pam Oliver.  "Jay says he still doesn't like to use AP to his strength."

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

0-16 during the regular season > 0-1 during the post season.

Sign me up for 0-16 this year. It won't happen, unfortunately. 

It's the heinous, embarrassing result most likely to get Snyder to actually change things, though. And we could rebuild on the fly with the picks we'd get from trading down, if we wanted. 

The Dolphins likely have the top pick on lock, but we could end up top-3.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Sign me up for 0-16 this year. It won't happen, unfortunately. 

It's the heinous, embarrassing result most likely to get Snyder to actually change things, though. And we could rebuild on the fly with the picks we'd get from trading down, if we wanted. 

The Dolphins likely have the top pick on lock, but we could end up top-3.

Miami is losing 102-10 this year, they will be tough to lose to, but I know we’ll give it our best.

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Miami is losing 102-10 this year, they will be tough to lose to, but I know we’ll give it our best.

I watched most of the Bears game and am catching up with the Giants game right now.  I think we win the next 2.  But a part of me hopes am wrong because a 7-9 type season does nothing for me, I'd rather got 3-13.

Archived