Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Case Keenum Named Week 1 Starter

desertbeagle85

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

God dammit.  Now if Jones comes in and looks like he did in pre-season everyone here is going to be complaining that Haskins isn't in.  OMFG THE GIANTS ARE STARTING THEIR ROOKIE WHY CAN'T WE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!11111

Jones has a lot more college experience than Haskins.  I've stuck my neck out that Jones is a dink and dunk QB with a low ceiling but maybe high floor -- so hopefully i am right about him.  

I like Haskins over Jones albeit I had concerns about both.   But I do think Jones is more pro ready.  

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Trubisky and Jones our next two matchups?!?

Its now or never Manusky...STEP IT UP!

For a dink and dunk guy, jones can be a turnover machine.  That was one of my issues with him.  i watched a lot of his games.   He is lethal throwing balls into the flat.  His accuracy shrinks once you get past 10 yards.  And he fumbles, throws INTs, a lot of tipped balls.  I would bring the house on him.  Payne needs to get in his face.

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

Fitz only has one TD pass & he gets to play 60 minutes of garbage time a week.

My comment was in reference to Case being a franchise quarterback.  There's nothing particularly wrong with Fitzpatrick, like Case he's started for a lot of teams, but none of those teams built anything around him.  That would be crazy.  Similar to Fitzpatrick, Case is on his fifth team in eight seasons and all of the other teams have been at least as good at evaluating quarterback talent as the Skins.  He's good enough to be a starter on a team that desperately needs a starter.  He's not good enough or young enough to be planning drafts around.

4 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Case is dominating, at least statistically. He obviously has rapport with TMC. But he has had decent pass blocking (disaster coming Monday night now) and with good pass pro - "no DB can cover forever" may be in play.

We have heard Haskins cannot play because our pass pro will be horrible. Will need the run game, etc. I am not seeing that. Case a journeyman has posted close to monster stats (c'mon, for us it is) without having to do it all himself.

Trade his ass for a kings ransom when Colt is ready for his handful of games, and then close out the season with you know who.

Dude, Voldemort can't throw a fade to save his life. Pass. 

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

God dammit.  Now if Jones comes in and looks like he did in pre-season everyone here is going to be complaining that Haskins isn't in.  OMFG THE GIANTS ARE STARTING THEIR ROOKIE WHY CAN'T WE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!11111

Kind of baffled at the response to the Giants for taking Jones in the draft by some Skins fans.  It's like they are clueless to the possibility that Jones might actually be a steal and Haskins turns out to be the bust.  

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jones has a lot more college experience than Haskins.  I've stuck my neck out that Jones is a dink and dunk QB with a low ceiling but maybe high floor -- so hopefully i am right about him.  

I like Haskins over Jones albeit I had concerns about both.   But I do think Jones is more pro ready.  

Yeah, that aligns with my thoughts as well.  Jones is more pro-ready, but I think he's limited as a player.  I didn't think he was capable of throwing out-routes in the pro's, as he was struggling with that in college.  I don't think he can reliably throw Cover 2 beaters down the sideline.  I think the well coached defenses will make things too difficult for him.

Ultimately, best case scenario for him, I think he can win a Super Bowl, but only if his overall team is pretty good, and his match-ups in the playoffs favor him.  I don't think he's capable of being a year-in-year-out threat for his team to go on playoff runs.  Worst case scenario for him, I don't think he's a out of this league in 4 years bust, but rather a journeyman who bounces around for more than a decade.

38 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Kind of baffled at the response to the Giants for taking Jones in the draft by some Skins fans.  It's like they are clueless to the possibility that Jones might actually be a steal and Haskins turns out to be the bust.  

Because most people who studied Jones saw a lot of the same stuff. A QB with experience in a pro style offense who was ok at some things but great at nothing (except being big and athletic), who was turnover prone, had questionable decision making, very mediocre stats, and who had a very mediocre arm for his size. Most scouting reports I saw had him as somewhere between a 2nd and 3rd round grade. IMO the only reason he was even considered in the first round was because he was coached by the guy who coached the Manning brothers in the offseason. I think he would very very easily have been there at 17 for the Giants and probably at 37 as well.

Does that mean he can't prove people wrong and be a great QB? Sure, any QB drafted can. But there's a reason people thought the Giants were so crazy to take him at 6th overall. 

To me it's more of a mystery why Keenum didn't do well in Denver, than it being a mystery why he had one great year in Minny.

I think he's developed into a very good QB. And even back around when he was drafted, Jay's brother was raving about his potential.

I'd be interested in hearing one of the better analysts theorize on what went wrong in Denver.

3 hours ago, theTruthTeller said:

My comment was in reference to Case being a franchise quarterback.  

I was just making a lame joke about the Dolphins. 

2 hours ago, hawgboy said:

I have no issues with Keenum being our QB for the time being/ season.  I don't believe he's the reason we're losing and putting the Rook behind this line is a bad idea.

Keenum at 3 million is the perfect QB. Any one of the 25 Keenums at 3 million is ideal while searching for your future QB; we have each, but unfortunately also have Alex.

2 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

Kind of baffled at the response to the Giants for taking Jones in the draft by some Skins fans.  

Thoughts on the reaction of the Giants fans?

19 minutes ago, Hooper said:

The NFL is weird.

Case is definitely better than Flacco at this point and it's a wash between him and Cousins. 

Yet he makes 3 mil a year.

Humans aren’t intelligent, wait them out & win the day. 

17 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

To me it's more of a mystery why Keenum didn't do well in Denver, than it being a mystery why he had one great year in Minny.

I think he's developed into a very good QB. And even back around when he was drafted, Jay's brother was raving about his potential.

I'd be interested in hearing one of the better analysts theorize on what went wrong in Denver.

Keenum will be as average as his protection allows, like 90% of the QBs in the game. He will have his outliers, but overall, he is who Kirk, Flacco, Jacoby, JimmyG, Dalton, etc etc etc etc etc etc are. Even Matt Stafford ...he’s the same exact guy as the rest. 

15 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I was just making a lame joke about the Dolphins. 

Keenum at 3 million is the perfect QB. Any one of the 25 Keenums at 3 million is ideal while searching for your future QB; we have each, but unfortunately also have Alex.

Thoughts on the reaction of the Giants fans?

As I do before every draft I make bets with my kids before hand, if this happens or that happens, I'll get them such and such.

My #1 thing was if the Giants draft Daniel Jones, they can go to their ice cream place of their choice.      The funny thing is I thought if it went down it would with their 2nd #1 not their first #1.

When the Giants drafted Jones, I along with my kids screamed with delighted.  But it pissed off my wife who is a Giants fan.  :mellow:

I also discovered the Giant fan reaction videos , found one which was clean from expletives, and would play it for my son who would just erupt in laughter.  My wife though busted me on that front, too.

So this Daniel Jones-Redskins showdown will be a big thing in my household.  I need the dude to lay an egg.  😀  

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

For Manusky "stepping up" means running 2 blitzes in a game instead of 1 and having his DBs only give an 8 yard cushion instead of 10. 

The weird thing about that is every D coach including Manusky say they are going to be aggressive when they arrive and more so than the previous coordinator.  Heck even Haz said he will be more aggressive now that Shanny is gone when he was brought back.  I guess that's the company line and obvious BS. 

7 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Keenum will be as average as his protection allows, like 90% of the QBs in the game. He will have his outliers, but overall, he is who Kirk, Flacco, Jacoby, JimmyG, Dalton, etc etc etc etc etc etc are. Even Matt Stafford ...he’s the same exact guy as the rest. 

So would you say there's as little as 5 QB's in the league that are truly above average ?

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

When the Giants drafted Jones, I along with my kids screamed with delighted.  But it pissed off my wife who is a Giants fan.  

The entirety of humanity: Happy wife happy life

Sip: 

D2E274AD-3366-48B3-B231-6F4DAB28E5E3.gif

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So would you say there's as little as 5 QB's in the league that are truly above average ?

The question is, how many would I pay $35,000,000+ ... 

1) Mahomes

2) Rodgers

Watson & Wentz are in the conversation. That’s probably it.

Brady gets hurt, NE wins 11. Wentz gets hurt, Philly wins the SB. Bortles would have been in a SB if officials didn’t cheat them out of a win in NE. Peyton won a SB in his one season playing from his deathbed.... and 1 in 50 seasons as the best in the game.  

There are far more good QBs than people think, imo ...and far fewer great QBs. I’d have shipped off Russell Wilson in a heartbeat for picks & loaded up around the next guy. Kirk, see ya later. It’s difficult to find guys who can make up for the multiple deficiencies you create by paying a qb an exorbitant amount... there are plenty of guys who can keep a talented team running smoothly. 

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It gets worse. Wait until Jones looks better than Haskins. Meltdown.

Archived