Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

Great weekend. Patriots and eagles lost which is what i really Wanted to happen.  

Wanted the bills to win, but only cause my friend is a huge fan and it would’ve been cool to see the bills go far, but i enjoy watching Watson play, so I’m fine. And was rooting for Kirk, but would’ve been happy for the saints had they won.

I'm happy for Kirk and don't care how corny the 'you like that' is lol, he knows he's corny.  And it's one of those things where everyone's like "say it, say the thing!".  Teammates loved it and they're still playing football in January.  Not gonna hate on that.

18 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, Wentz didn’t even make it through a full quarter of playoff football. 

Great contract extension there, Philly 😂😂

In fairness, that was the type of hit that is going to lead to an onfield death within the next decade. The double head shot where your brain gets crushed one direction and then immediately redirected the other direction.

I heard on the radio during the week t hat the Vikings wanted to put someone on Kittle man to man this game but due to a banged up secondary they are reverting to zone.  That means they better get to Jimmy G quick, otherwise Kittle will sit down in that soft spots of the zone with ease.

Garbage throw by Jimmy G, but good catch by Samuel.  Now he misses another throw.

Just now, purbeast said:

We'll see how Cousins does now that he has to play from behind.  He never had to do that last week.

Im more intrigued by how Zimmer adjusts to what the 49ers are doing. I think he expected a more run heavy approach. Meanwhile they’re hobbled at corner and Kyle knows it. He went right after them.

The Vikings defense looked over-matched in every aspect on the opening drive.  It doesn't mean they can't adjust, but if that is about what resistance they are going to be offering up, I'll be able to go play video games by half time. 

49ers defense has the speed you want.  That screen looked like it had potential to go somewhere.  Stifled.

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The Vikings defense looked over-matched in every aspect on the opening drive.  It doesn't mean they can't adjust, but if that is about what resistance they are going to be offering up, I'll be able to go play video games by half time. 

49ers defense has the speed you want.  That screen looked like it had potential to go somewhere.  Stifled.

What is this "adjust" thing you speak of?

EDIT:

HOLY CRAP!  Diggs just bailed Cousins out LIKE ****!  Great hookup.

Diggs did what wide outs are supposed to by catching it, the special part was staying on his feet and turning good into great.  In DC we’ve had so many bad receivers we’re amazed when a wide out adjusts on a ball against a single defender.  They have the advantage of locating the ball first, or at least should.  If they just keep running their routes, like they’re on a track, and leave the defender to make a play it’s not the QBs fault.  everyone just assumes it is.

The truly great freak receivers can often do that against double coverage.  Guys like Megatron that could catch passes in a crowd of defenders and make it look easy.  I miss watching highlights from him.  

8 minutes ago, zskins said:

I bet on the Vikings to win. Don't think I am going to win the way their D is playing. 

The Vikings defense has had some very bad performances this season.  Between them and Kirk randomly laying an egg, the Vikings are a very hard team to pick confidently.  

The 49ers front 7 is dominant but I don't think their secondary skill-wise is the same level.  The question is whether Cousins find something in himself to get the ball out there.  Going to be tough against this pass rush.   It is a tough pass rush to go against when you are simply dropping back.  I think you almost need to have some kind of x-factor as a QB to turn the tables on the pass rush.  Russell Wilson's mobility,  Aaron Rodgers's magic.  Not sure if Cousins has that type of dynamic element to his game.

Archived