Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

6 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

"they". Are we back to the Kirk sympathizers vs. the Kirk haters again? Because most members on this board weren't sick to death of that **** while he actually played for us, so you're bringing that back?

This is Cousins' 8th year in the NFL, and he just won his first playoff game.

They said he isn’t a franchise, he is, enjoy! 

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Same for Ryan Tannehill.

Yep. And very few people up until this point, when looking at Tannehill's performance and record, has thought he was a franchise QB. He was as mediocre as mediocre gets up until week 6 of this year.

6 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

On Pat McAfee's podcast this week, they mentioned how Teddy Bridgewater had a bonus that would kick in with one more TD pass. But the Saints played Brees the whole game in week 17 in a blowout. McAfee made the point that not playing Teddy in that last game to get him a payday is how you end up with bad things happening to you in a playoff game, like a blown pass interference call. Obviously he was talking about last year, but how ironic that the last play of their season could have (not saying should have as I'm in favor of letting guys play) been called offensive pass interference.  Instead it's not called and not reviewed and they are going home. But hey, they kept that 250k from Bridgewater, and those 5 games he won for them mean nothing now. 

I'm lost. How does Bridgewater not getting a 250k bonus turn into a missed pass interference call?

Kirk definitely came up big on that OT drive, regardless of your overall thoughts on Cousins as a QB, have to give him credit for that. 

With that said, it definitely looked like the game plan going in on offense was to not have to leave it up to Cousins for as long as possible. 

Just now, NickyJ said:

I'm lost. How does Bridgewater not getting a 250k bonus turn into a missed pass interference call?

It's appropriate that they lost in a terrible Brees performance after throwing Teddy under the bus despite everything he did for them. That's what I take from it. 

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

It's appropriate that they lost in a terrible Brees performance after throwing Teddy under the bus despite everything he did for them. That's what I take from it. 

Are you talking about Saints organization or Saints fans ?  If the organization, how exactly did they throw Bridgewater under the bus ?

19 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

It's not how it read - but again I made the bigger point which you are choosing to ignore. I actually don't care much. I just find it hilarious how far you guys that hated Kirk will go.

For the record I was rooting for NO. I went to Purdue and met Drew Brees. I wanted them to win big. But Kirk had  great game at a really good time. Better to just give it to him and move on.

For love of God or whatever higher power there is... I was stating a fact and not a personal attack on Kirk!!!! 

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

He threw one pass and took one sack. They won 42-10, so I can see it looking pretty shady lol

Brees had a chance to get more records (though they likely would have just had him hand off as Peyton does in blowouts) I think like last year where they sat him the entire game, but they put Bridgewater in for the final quarter.  

7 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

Kurk didn't want to be here and played us for fools. I didn't think he was worth the contract the Vikings gave him.  

But he would’ve been worth the contract we signed him to had we actually had a good faith negotiation back in 16-17’. We never did. Yet another Bruce failure and one of those things that I think was a nail in his coffin. He (Bruce) thought he could strong arm people in spite of his lack of leverage. I think that was one of the things that Dan, as a salesman really disliked about Bruce. 

4 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

Kurk didn't want to be here and played us for fools. I didn't think he was worth the contract the Vikings gave him.  

But the guy the Redskins replaced him with hasn't played a down in 15 months and got paid almost as much. Was he worth that contract? That is the more relevant contract for Redskins fans yet they keep talking about "Kurk"

Hilarious.

By the way Kirk is still playing in January.

Archived