Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Daily Beast: Jeffrey Epstein Arrested For Sex Trafficking of Minors. Ghislaine Maxwell guilty of sex trafficking a minor for Jeffrey Epstein and four other charges

Cooked Crack

14 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Stopped reading here.

I mean, what'd you expect?  That was the official cause of what took place.  No one believes it, but they're not going to go off on a tangent that says "After disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein died by suicide behind bars - but let's be real here, everyone thinks he was whacked - ....

• Like 2

16 hours ago, China said:

After disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein died by suicide behind bars, a judge invited his accusers to court to vent their anger at a man they called a coward for taking his own life to escape accountability for sexually abusing them.

Oh cut the crap. 🙂

10 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I mean, what'd you expect?  That was the official cause of what took place.  No one believes it, but they're not going to go off on a tangent that says "After disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein died by suicide behind bars - but let's be real here, everyone thinks he was whacked - ....

Don't have to go off on a tangent.  Can just say that he died in prison.

On 11/16/2021 at 10:58 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'll say it loudly and proudly...

US Attorney General William Barr had Jeffrey Epstein WHACKED under direct orders from President Donald J. Trump. I'm sure Bill Clinton was just as much at risk of any Epstein testimony but he wasn't POTUS at the time and Barr would never have done him any favors anyway. This was about keeping Donnie T safe. No way a spoiled, mega-rich guy with all that damning info commits suicide. He had too many cards to play and too grand a life to just check out. Especially since he didn't know the prison cameras were down right when he supposedly did it.

WHACKED.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I'll say it loudly and proudly...

US Attorney General William Barr had Jeffrey Epstein WHACKED under direct orders from President Donald J. Trump. I'm sure Bill Clinton was just as much at risk of any Epstein testimony but he wasn't POTUS at the time and Barr would never have done him any favors anyway. This was about keeping Donnie T safe. No way a spoiled, mega-rich guy with all that damning info commits suicide. He had too many cards to play and too grand a life to just check out. Especially since he didn't know the prison cameras were down right when he supposedly did it.

WHACKED.

It's a good day when you get to say someone was whacked.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If only there was a way to actually tie that back as Chachie described it.  Imagine all the conservative pearl clutching...

Their favorite thing to do is pretend Epstein was killed because of his ties to libs.

Oh, they got RIGHT out in front of it per their "projection model." 

If you're guilty of something, immediately blame your enemy. Say it early, loud, and often. Make it your narrative.

• Thumb down 1

‘Everybody’s Absolutely Horrified’: High Society Is Bracing Itself for Ghislaine Maxwell’s Trial

When she walked into court on Monday morning for the penultimate pre-trial conference before she faces what will amount to the fight of her life, Ghislaine Maxwell looked just like she did 10 years ago. In fact, she looked better.

Thick black glossy hair. A black turtleneck sweater. Grey slacks. A bottle of Poland Spring in her hand. No cuffs anywhere. A smile, even, as she talked and shared a laugh with her lawyers, who were clearly fond of her. One brushed back her hair, another rubbed her back and shoulder, a gesture of sympathy.

It was a moment that caught me off guard and took me back in time. It reminded me of precisely why Maxwell had once had so many friends. Her vast number of acquaintances may not have all been people she was close with, because her lifestyle was so peripatetic — she was always traveling somewhere or other. Nonetheless, she drew people to her because she was funny, she was witty, she was extraordinarily charming… and, as I was reminded in that courtroom, also supremely confident.

Ghislaine Maxwell, as just about everyone knows, currently stands charged of helping the late sexual predator Jeffrey Epstein traffic and sexually abuse four women, three of whom were underage, as well as lying in a civil suit. (One of the more chilling sentences in the indictment reads: “Maxwell’s presence during minor victims’ interactions with Epstein, including interactions where the minor victim was undressed or that involved sex acts with Epstein, helped put the victims at ease because an adult woman was present.”) Opening arguments are scheduled for Nov. 29. She has denied all charges.

Given the horrific nature of the allegations, it’s not surprising that on Monday — unlike 10 years ago, when she was hosting dinners at her New York townhouse, proselytizing about her efforts to preserve the oceans through her philanthropy — I didn’t see a single “friend” of hers in court. (The only supporter I saw in attendance was her sister, Isabel.)

I knew Maxwell slightly because I am part of the ex-pat British community in New York, so I ran into her from time to time over the years. And I know a good number of her friends. Or former friends, I should say. So, what are they saying amongst each other as she heads to trial?

One person who went to dinners that included Maxwell, Epstein, and Prince Andrew told me: “I can’t remember the last time I heard anybody say, ‘Poor Ghislaine, she should be allowed to say her story.’ I think everybody’s absolutely horrified, everybody’s embarrassed that somebody in our broader circle of us could have been behaving in such a terrible way.”

But, as I reached out again in the past week to her former friends, there were those — probably more than you think — who still wonder if she is really the monster she’s been pictured as in the media. Some wonder if she may yet prevail before a jury.

Reading this, you may be shocked. I know I was.

But, as I dug further, I began to see the complexity at play: There is questioning, voiced privately among a few people who used to have dinner with her, whether the government can prove its case. Partly that’s because the allegations are from so long ago, the early 1990s to the mid-2000s, but it’s also because these people still cannot see the Hyde in the Jekyll-and-Hyde that Maxwell allegedly is — or was. Jekyll, it turns out, was very dazzling.

People who heard rumors back in the early 1990s about Maxwell “finding girls for Epstein” say that they just do not believe that the Maxwell they knew, who liked designer clothes and expensive restaurants, would have been skulking around school-gates, as has been described in the civil litigation.

Click on the link for the full article

• 2 weeks later...

Ghislaine Maxwell’s lawyer reveals defence

Ghislaine Maxwell’s defence lawyers have portrayed her as a scapegoat being accused because of “the bad behaviour of men” — one in particular, since prosecutors never had a chance to put Jeffrey Epstein on trial.

Maxwell is on trial in the United States, accused of recruiting young girls to be abused by Epstein as part of an illegal underage sex ring.

Her lawyer, Bobbi Sternheim, invoked the Bible at the start of her opening statement as the trial of Maxwell began, arguing that women have been condemned for crimes committed by men since the beginning of time.

“Ever since Eve was accused of tempting Adam with the apple,” said Ms Sternheim, “women have been blamed for the bad behaviour of men.”

“Ghislaine is on trial here and you heard about the conduct of Jeffrey Epstein. She is filling that hole. And filling an empty chair,” said Ms Sternheim, arguing her client was a “convenient stand-in” for the dead sex offender.

Ms Sternheim also took aim at the four alleged victims in the case, claiming they had been taken advantage of by aggressive civil defence attorneys and, in some cases, were searching for a payday.

None of that seems like a defense, more of a deflection.  Did she, or did she not procure girls for Epstein?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Funny how many Trumpers I've seen posting memes about the media's silence on the Maxwell trial, implying it's because of all the libs that are about to be taken down.

Bound to take down some libs but their God- MagaCheeto will be one of them ? Or will it. Maga probably won’t care if Trump is a pedofile because they have no problem with going after underage girls. After all many of those rednecks marry in their  early, mid teens.

16 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't care who gets taken down...right, left, it doesn't matter.  I just want to see some chaos.  

If this **** goes through trial and some high profile people aren't brought to their knees in her wake, it's going to be a travashamockery.  

Agreed.

The Trumpers are already planting the seeds that the judge is in on the fix.  I didn’t spend too much time digging into the theory, but there are connections to Obama and Biden.  Obviously they are going to take that and run with it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Agreed.

The Trumpers are already planting the seeds that the judge is in on the fix.  I didn’t spend too much time digging into the theory, but there are connections to Obama and Biden.  Obviously they are going to take that and run with it.

Yeah, but that could be "getting a story ready for when Trump gets mentioned".  Or "Getting a story ready in case Obama, Hillary, and Biden don't get mentioned."

FBI agents used a saw to open a safe in Jeffrey Epstein's Manhattan mansion that held hard drives and diamonds

FBI agents used a saw to open a locked safe kept in now-dead sex-offender Jeffrey Epstein's Manhattan mansion, the agent who led the FBI search team said at Ghislaine Maxwell's trial Monday.

Inside the safe, according to the FBI special agent, the officers found hard drives, CDs, diamonds, and passports belonging to Epstein.

Kelly Maguire, the FBI special agent and leader of the team that searched Epstein's home on July 6 and 7, 2019, testified Monday about what the team found. The search was conducted as part of a search warrant executed a few days before Epstein's arrest on sex trafficking charges. Maguire said her team forced their way into the building after no one answered when they rang.

Federal prosecutors previously alluded to the contents of the safe in 2019, when they sought to have a judge deny Epstein's bail application later that month. They said agents found $70,000 in cash, 48 loose diamonds and other jewelry, and a passport from a foreign country with a picture of Epstein under another name in the safe.

But this is the first time Justice Department officials have mentioned the hard drives in the safe.

It is also the first time any official has described the inside of Epstein's eight-story, 19,000-square-foot home, or discussed the CDs filled with photos elsewhere in the building.

Prosecutors say Maxwell trafficked girls for Epstein to sexually abuse in the Upper East Side mansion, as well as in Epstein's homes in London, the US Virgin Islands, and Palm Beach, Florida. Maxwell has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Jury in Ghislaine Maxwell trial to see photos depicting her relationship with Epstein

Ghislaine Maxwell's sex abuse trial was set to enter its seventh day on Tuesday, with prosecutors expected to show jurors photographs depicting the British socialite's relationship with the late financier Jeffrey Epstein.

U.S. District Judge Alison Nathan denied a request by Maxwell's attorney on Monday to bar the photos, which FBI agents found on compact disks seized from Epstein's Manhattan home during a July 2019 search. Epstein was arrested on sex abuse charges that month, and died by suicide in jail weeks later.

The cache of digital photographs also includes images of two women who have accused Maxwell of serving them up to Epstein while they were teenagers. They are depicted in various states of undress, prosecutors indicated on Monday.

• Like 1

Ghislaine Maxwell Trial: Defense’s Lengthy Witness List Includes Some Coming from ‘Abroad,’ Others Seeking to Testify Under Pseudonym

A lawyer for accused sex-trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell has indicated that the defense intends to call 35 witnesses, some of whom will look to testify under either their first name or a pseudonym.

“We have informed the government that we are still trying to make travel arrangements for defense witnesses, many of whom are coming from locations out of the district and abroad, and we have not been able to reach counsel for some of the witnesses over the weekend,” Maxwell attorney Bobbi Sternheim said in a letter filed Sunday. “We further informed the government that the order of witnesses is subject to change, and we will advise the government if we think the order will change as travel plans solidify.”

Based on Sternheim’s letter, there will likely be additional legal wrangling over whether the identity of the witnesses can be revealed, and the potential impact that may have on the case.

“We also informed the government that three of the defense witnesses have requested to testify under their first names or under a pseudonym,” says Sternheim’s letter to U.S. District Judge Alison Nathan, a Barack Obama appointee. “The government opposes this request. The Court’s ruling on this issue may impact the willingness of these witnesses to testify, thereby compromising Ms. Maxwell’s right to present her defense, and may affect the witness order.”

Prince Andrew’s Lawyer Argues Virginia Giuffre Was Old Enough to Consent Under New York Law

Prince Andrew is making another attempt to throw out the civil case being brought against him by Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who claims she was forced to have sex with the queen’s son.

Andrew controversially asked Judge Lewis Kaplan to dismiss Giuffre’s complaint, arguing that New York’s Child Victims Act, the legislation under which she is suing him, is flawed because it classifies those under the age of 18 as minors, but the age of consent in New York is 17, The Times of London reports. Giuffre alleges that she was 17 when she was forced to have sex with the prince multiple times at various locations around the world, in 2001.

A notorious photograph of Andrew with his arm around a teenage Giuffre’s bare midriff has circulated in the media for several years, but the Duke of York claims to have never met Giuffre. The photograph, which shows Ghislaine Maxwell in the background, was reportedly taken at her London apartment by Jeffrey Epstein