Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Just Had a Moment With a Squirrel: Part Deux

China

I'm not sure why this thread was ever archived:

In honor of that thread, and since I routinely find stories about squirrels, I am renewing the thread.  All hail @Mickalino  Besides, squirrels are much more interesting than all the negative threads in the Tailgate these days.  But if you want both Trump and squirrels, here you go:

North Alabama ‘attack squirrel’ suspect posts video while on the run...with another squirrel

LIMESTONE COUNTY, Ala. (WAFF) - A Limestone County man wanted in a case that’s made national news has resurfaced. And he wasn’t alone.

Mickey Paulk, 35, is wanted on multiple warrants. When deputies went to arrest him on Monday, they found a squirrel they said Paulk was allegedly feeding meth to make it an aggressive “attack squirrel.” That squirrel was released into the wild by deputies.

On Tuesday afternoon, Paulk went live on Facebook to rant about the case. While talking, he was petting another squirrel.

But in Paulk’s video, he denies he gave the squirrel meth, saying that he thinks that would probably kill it. He also said it’s just a pet, not an attack squirrel.

Investigators confirmed the man in the video is Paulk.

It’s unclear if he found the same squirrel after deputies released it to the wild or if he has a second squirrel.

Click on the link for the full article

----------------------------------

Delayed Kentucky Internet Project Faces New Squirrel Setback

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — A project that would bring high-speed internet across Kentucky will be delayed because company representatives say an “abundance” of squirrels have chewed through wiring.

The Courier-Journal reports lawmakers in the state’s capitol questioned reports of ravenous squirrels Tuesday, blocking officials in charge of the KentuckyWired project from borrowing an additional $110 million.

Edited by China
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

That squirrel in the first video is doing the Michael Jackson Annie Are You OK lean.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Mick's Mick-ness lives on 👊

A tweaker squirell sounds inherently dangerous.

What happened to that guy?  I think he got ran off after he was taking pics of unsuspecting women in public but I am not sure.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That squirrel in the first video is doing the Michael Jackson Annie Are You OK lean.

What happened to that guy?  I think he got ran off after he was taking pics of unsuspecting women in public but I am not sure.

Probably abducted by aliens.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

White people from Chicago?

First off that's deep dish...and second I still see most people wat it with their hands.

Just a normal thin crust pizza they use knife and fork...its like eating a candy bar with a knife and fork...just weird...

george costanza snickers knife fork.jpg

2 hours ago, bearrock said:

Whoa, I'm a European and didn't even know it

You must be an oddity then. Everytime I goto a restaurant in Germany and Italy, I can pick out who's European and who's American by how they eat their pizza. I pointed this out to our European sales team, and they agree.

Edit: just noticed you live in Fairfax according to your profile..so you have been Pizza Americanized...

Edited by Xameil

• 6 months later...

Animal house: Squirrel wrecks home, insurance won’t fix it

ATLANTA (AP) —AnAtlanta couple said they came home from a winter vacation to find their house had been ransacked by an unusual suspect: a squirrel.

Kari and Dustin Drees bought their first home last month in Atlanta’s affluent Buckhead district and went to visit family a week later, news outlets reported.

During their vacation, an alarm went off in the home but friends said the doors and windows were not breached.

When the couple came home, their house was a mess, with floors scratched up, baseboards chewed on and a kitchen faucet running, Kari Drees said.

A squirrel had fallen down their chimney and was trapped in the house, defecating and scratching at everything to get out. Eventually it made a nest in the couple’s couch.

“We’re stressed at first, but we were like, ‘This is why you have homeowner’s insurance. It’s in situations like this.’ … and so we weren’t too stressed,” Kari Drees said.

But the couple’s home insurance provider Mercury Insurance, told them it wouldn’t cover the damages because “a squirrel is a rodent,” which is not covered under the policy.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently we missed it:

SQUIRREL APPRECIATION DAY – January 21

On January 21st, Squirrel Appreciation Day recognizes a critter some consider a pest and others see as just fascinating. The creator, Christy Hargrove, is a wildlife rehabilitator in North Carolina and is affiliated with the Western North Carolina Nature Center.  According to Christy, “Celebration of the event itself is up to the individual or group — anything from putting out extra food for the squirrels to learning something new about the species.”

According to the Integrated Taxonomic Information System of North America (ITIS), there are over 200 species of squirrels.  Some of the oldest squirrels categorized on the list are the nocturnal arrow flying squirrel (validated in 1766) and the Black Giant (validated in 1778).  Of all these species, they fall into three types. 

Click on the link for more

Since this year will be the Chinese Year of the Rat, all hail the furry tailed rat.

On 1/7/2020 at 1:38 AM, China said:

A squirrel had fallen down their chimney and was trapped in the house, defecating and scratching at everything to get out. Eventually it made a nest in the couple’s couch.

****, this exact thing happened at my grandparents house one spring. Dam thing got trapped, and would bump around and scratch relentlessly at night. Scared the crap out of me as a youngster. Sounded like a demon on crack.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I had roof rats in my old house, sounded like upstairs neighbors in an apartment. They got into my kitchen cabinets, chewed through bottles of cleaning agents, a whole roll of trash bags, and rolls of aluminum foil and plastic wrap. Biggest ****in mess I've ever had in my own home. Freaked me out. Thank God for Crocodile Dave...total pest control company (and a good dude I've waited on for decades). They sealed everything up and made an escape cone so they could get out but not back in. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...