Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Just Had a Moment With a Squirrel: Part Deux

China

See I've got the opposite opinion on Possums. They eat ticks and can't carry rabies, which are pluses. And when my dad died and I had to clean out his house, it took me maybe 3 minutes to get a family of possums off his back porch. Much easier than when I've had to help get rid of squirrels (or cats. I'd much rather face a possum than a cat).

• 2 weeks later...

The $@!*&# squirrels are driving me crazy in my coronavirus quarantine

Someday, when I look back upon this strange time in world history, I hope I remember the many constructive things I accomplished.

I wrote about the human condition as the coronavirus took hold of our state, meeting some wonderful people along the way. I tried, with varying degrees of success, to teach my kids at the dining room table, and enjoyed plenty of tender moments playing games at night. I bonded with my dog to the point that she considered entering a canine witness protection program.

But really, if I’m doing an honest accounting of these few weeks, I will admit that I spent most of my time fighting the $@!*&#^ squirrels.

Can I be the only one? Are you reading this and thinking, “Yes. Finally. Somebody understands the depths of my personal hell?" Or, perhaps, are you too busy standing on your patio and waiting for your next round against the $@!*&#^ squirrels? Which I understand completely.

Good luck, fellow soldier. I am rooting for you.

Chances are, though, that you will see this for what it is: A cautionary tale of what happens when a man is trapped in his house for too long. And, so, it is time to come clean.

Click on the link for the full story

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Somebody needs to tell that guy who spent months, mentally and physically laboring on the squirrel obstacle course, that it's just a bit simpler of a solution, if he tries the "greasy pole option"

I believe he used the greasy poles on all of the obstacle bits but the first one so the squirrels couldn't cheat.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK, who had plague squirrels for July?

Jeffco issues warning after plague discovered in squirrel

Health officials in Jefferson County have issued a warning to residents to be on alert for symptoms of bubonic plague.

On Saturday, a squirrel in Morrison tested positive for plague, which is caused by a bacteria called Yersinia pestis.

This is the first positive case of plague in the county this year, health officials said.

Plague can be spread to humans or other animals through direct contact, including bites, or through bites from infected fleas.

Jefferson County Public Health said cats are especially susceptible to plague and may die if not treated with antibiotics promptly. Dogs are at a lower risk but may pick up and carry infected fleas.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

This year just keeps getting worse. 

It's only half over too

5 hours ago, China said:

Health officials in Jefferson County have issued a warning to residents to be on alert for symptoms of bubonic plague.

Is that THE Bubonic Plague ? The one that killed 200 Million in the 1300's, more than any plague, pandemic, or epidemic in modern history ?

Thankfully, we've made medical advancements on that condition, since the 1300's.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

18 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is that THE Bubonic Plague ? The one that killed 200 Million in the 1300's, more than any plague, pandemic, or epidemic in modern history ?

Thankfully, we've made medical advancements on that condition, since the 1300's.

Yes, it is THE Bubonic Plague.  It is not unheard of.  Armadillos carry it as well as do some other animals like chipmunks, prairie dogs, etc.  More common in animals in the south and west in this country.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Blood-thirsty squirrels are behind New York's latest crime-wave: Deranged rodents are attacking Queens residents for food -leaving them needing hospital treatment and fearing to step outside their homes

Wild squirrels have been attacking residents living in the New York City borough of Queens since late November, leaving many afraid of venturing outside.  The wild attacks have occurred mostly in Rego Park, with the bulk of them happening on 65th Drive near Fitchett Street.

One woman has even had to go to the emergency room, with others expressing their worry about even going outside.  'He either bit or scratched me on my neck and then I must have reached over and next thing I know, it's a cage match and I'm losing.' 

Frederick had blood and bruises all over her hands. She got a rabies shot as a precaution and then warned another neighbor, who was eventually attacked by a squirrel herself. 'I tried to shake it off but I couldn't, squirrels have claws, cling onto your winter jacket, there's no way to shake it off,' shared neighbor Licia Wang.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9098049/Blood-thirsty-squirrels-attacks-residents-Queens-neighborhood.html

37396732-9098049-image-a-32_160931091735

37396742-9098049-Blood_splashed_across_t

A Rego Park squirrel

868da695246521d6f7eebbac9d2ef620.jpg

Edited by Dan T.
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If they are a real pest, here is one way to dispatch, or dispose, of them.

Found this on a search for a certain problem I had...Warning : It may be disturbing to those sensitive to "animal cruelty". I havn't actually done this.

An effective safe trap is to put a wire secured and laced with peanut butter accross the top of a plastic bucket half filled with water to drown the rodent. Then place a ramp from the ground to the top of the bucket near one end of the wire. Regular traps work but you have to keep checking them. The bucket just needs to be “emptied” once a week. The bigger the bucket, the more effective. My guess too is that if you could lower the bucket into a hole to ground level it might be more effective.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

• 2 weeks later...

Anonymous Tip Leads Police To Man Who Illegally Hunted Squirrels With Blow Darts

A 26-year-old St. Cloud man has been cited by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources for trying to hunt squirrels with blow darts.

Residents of the city’s east side reported finding four injured squirrels, two of which later died. The DNR says St. Cloud police were investigating when an anonymous tip came in, leading them to the suspect.

• 3 weeks later...

Jeremy Paxman defends shooting squirrels while sat on toilet as they 'annoy' him

Jeremy Paxman has defended his habit of shooting squirrels while sitting on his toilet – saying “they kill all sorts of things.”

The broadcaster, 70, who lives in a country pile in Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, said: “You turn around - not while I’m having a c**p of course.

“Just sitting on the loo if it’s by the window.

“You sit on the loo with the lid down. With an air rifle you can pop, pop off a squirrel or two.”

The former Newsnight host and University Challenge presenter - renowned for his ferocious interviewing technique - said in a live online interview with Richard Herring that he saw nothing wrong with targeting squirrels.

• 1 month later...

Dog Walker Stunned By 'Ripped' Squirrel's Huge 'Nuts'

A dog walker in the US did a double take when she came across a remarkably endowed squirrel.

8e547f84606d2a603a0497b6977e058c.png

Sarah Lenzenhuber was walking her pooch outside her apartment in Missouri last week when she crossed paths with the hung rodent.

Naturally, she grabbed a snap of the sexy squirrel and posted it on Facebook, where it has racked up more than 4,000 likes.

Sarah said: "I saw him while out walking my dog, did a double take and then doubled over laughing.

"I wasn't sure if I should post it anywhere but then my grade school sense of humour got the best of me."

As you might expect, it was the squirrel's scrotum which drew the plaudits.

One person said: "His nuts are bigger than my partner's."

Another said: "Wow, he's got quite the stockpile of nuts for the winter."

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...