Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

It isn't just the draft capital or whatever else we get.. We get Cap room, and they lose cap room when they add him. We get whatever they give us, plus a boatload of cap space, ergo, we aren't getting "a boatload of picks," unless we're trading with someone even stupider than Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder, and as far as I'm aware, nobody's hired Vinny Cerrato, and unfortunately Gettleman probably isn't trading for him. 

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is why we're going to lose this trade.  No one is going to give us a top 10 pick that used to get him in the first place, and we'd still be screwed from an oline standpoint this season.  Hes too old and doesnt play 16 games anymore, I'd be shocked if we got more then a third rounder.

Duane Brown was traded for a 2, 3 and 5  and whould have been 30 or 31 at the time and he had failed to play 16 games in four of his nine seasons with the Texans with three of the four of them the years before the trade

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is why we're going to lose this trade.  No one is going to give us a top 10 pick that used to get him in the first place, and we'd still be screwed from an oline standpoint this season.  Hes too old and doesnt play 16 games anymore, I'd be shocked if we got more then a third rounder.

Texans almost sound desperate though. Plus, we can claim there's competition from multiple suitors, like NE, etc. So if we play it smart, we can get wait it out, negotiate, play hardball, and get some decent compensation

19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Sheehan seems to think a late first rounder.  Paulsen checked around with people he knows around the league and said he heard a 2nd and a 4th.

If the Texans got a 2nd and a 5th and a player for Duane Brown who was older than Trent is now and arguably not as good as Trent - I don't see how in this case its just a third. 

6 minutes ago, carex said:

Duane Brown was traded for a 2, 3 and 5  and whould have been 30 or 31 at the time and he had failed to play 16 games in four of his nine seasons with the Texans with three of the four of them the years before the trade

Point taken, but Trent hasnt played 16 games in 5 straight seasons.  Trent is breaking down from a health standpoint, Duane played 16 games last year.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Point taken, but Trent hasnt played 16 games in 5 straight seasons.  Trent is breaking down from a health standpoint, Duane played 16 games last year.

and he played in 10 the year before that, though I don't know how many were the result of holding out out or learning a new system

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan seems to think a late first rounder.  Paulsen checked around with people he knows around the league and said he heard a 2nd and a 4th.

If the Texans got a 2nd and a 5th and a player for Duane Brown who was older than Trent is now and arguably not as good as Trent - I don't see how in this case its just a third. 

Cause Skins fans insist on insulting the FO despite the number of moves the team makes that seemed like a perfectly reasonable moves at the time

16 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Texans almost sound desperate though. Plus, we can claim there's competition from multiple suitors, like NE, etc. So if we play it smart, we can get wait it out, negotiate, play hardball, and get some decent compensation

That's my hope if it comes to that.

@Skinsinparadise Trent is on the decline, would you trade a first for him?  Maybe I'm overthinking it, but unless you absolutely are desperate for help at a position, do you do it for somebody who you know you'll need a backup for?  If you had somebody you felt could fill in if Trent went down, why trade for Trent? 

Having watched ever game hes played, it pains be to pick at him as a player, but not only was he missing games, but had off games as well, you are talking about trading for who he was, not who he is and going to be, which is likely out the league in two years.

8 minutes ago, carex said:

and he played in 10 the year before that, though I don't know how many were the result of holding out out or learning a new system

He held out the first 7 weeks of the season.

Cause Skins fans insist on insulting the FO despite the number of moves the team makes that seemed like a perfectly reasonable moves at the time

I dont see a problem with calling them out when they F up and give credit when it's due.  

23 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's my hope if it comes to that.

@Skinsinparadise Trent is on the decline, would you trade a first for him?  Maybe I'm overthinking it, but unless you absolutely are desperate for help at a position, do you do it for somebody who you know you'll need a backup for?  If you had somebody you felt could fill in if Teent went down, why trade for Trent? 

Having watched ever game hes played, it pains be to pick at him as a player, but not only was he missing games, but had off games as well, you are talking about trading for who he was, not who he is and going to be, which is likely out the league in two years.

For me it depends on Trent's health.  If Trent for sure is right health wise and I am running the FO for a contending team, I might do it.  I don't think a late first or early 2nd round pick is asking too much.  Granted we don't know where the picks will be in advance but we can make educated guesses.  Judging by what I read today -- teams that might consider it:  Pats, Texans, Browns, Jets.

I think Trent is still good.  But like you, i have questions about his durability.   But if you are a team like the Texans who are desperate for a competent LT let alone a pro bowl LT -- you might take a chance on it.   Paulsen flat out asked NFL people he knows (not Redskins people) about Trent's trade value and they told him more or less a 2nd and 4th.  I guess if they trade him, will see.

52 minutes ago, Nerm said:

The Redskins should think outside the box to get value for Trent.  Tell the Texans that they will trade Trent to them without any compensation back... As long as Alex Smith is included in the trade.

Would never happen. They gave up a high draft pick to get rid of Osweiler's big contract.

9 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You are correct in that none of us know whats going on.  The point is that this is the usual course of business here - drama.  On one side, you have a seven time pro bowler that has been a leader and played hurt a lot for the team and on the other, you have well...the Redskins FO, whose track record speaks for itself. 

Yet it never fails, fans find reasons to vilify the player. 

Yeah, it sucks that we get all this speculation through the media and he said/she said crap.  The fact no one is saying what's going on does seem like Trent has sunk to Redskins FO behavior.  That doesn't make him wrong, just adds to the frustration that is this franchise.  Jumping to vilify the player doesn't make sense either.  I agree with that.

At the end of the day, it seems I need the Shanahan conditioning program Haynesworth needed apparently.  I can barely maintain the energy to bother sometimes.  Can't some grown ups take over?

2 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

Yeah, it sucks that we get all this speculation through the media and he said/she said crap.  The fact no one is saying what's going on does seem like Trent has sunk to Redskins FO behavior.  That doesn't make him wrong, just adds to the frustration that is this franchise.  Jumping to vilify the player doesn't make sense either.  I agree with that.

At the end of the day, it seems I need the Shanahan conditioning program Haynesworth needed apparently.  I can barely maintain the energy to bother sometimes.  Can't some grown ups take over?

How is keeping it to themselves sinking to some kind of level??  We ****ed forever about leaks and the team working things through the media. Now both the player and the team are working behind the scenes - now that's bad too? Both Trent and the team are doing this right. No one is running to the media ****ing about the other. The media keep throwing out speculation in an attempt to bring one or the other out so they can sell more clicks, ad time, etc. Good for both the team and Trent for not playing along. 

Our desire to know does not translate to a responsibility on their part to tell us. Neither side owes us anything, especially right now. This has one of three outcomes: 

He doesn't play (holds out/retires) 

He plays. 

He gets traded. 

One of those will happen before the fist regular season game. Until then all we can do is guess and focus on who is in camp.

Sounds Like Geron is doing OK at least and Donald Penn is doing well. If Flowers or/and Martin work out at LG, it could still be a pretty decent season. 

Honestly, I am more interested in how the Brandon Scherff contract is going on. If Bruce ****s that up, he should be banned from ever entering an NFL stadium- forever! Just my thoughts.  They need to do what good organizations do - sign their top players. Dude is a beast. Keep him here. 

1 hour ago, Nerm said:

Just casual conversation with the guy administering the test.

"So, what is the record for the number of banned substances ever found in a single sample?"

It'll be like the all drug Olympics SNL sketch...

...getting ready to lift now is Sergei Akmudov of the Soviet Union. His trainer has told me that he’s taken antibolic steroids, Novacaine, Nyquil, Darvon, and some sort of fish paralyzer. Also, I believe he’s had a few ****tails within the last hour or so... 

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

How is keeping it to themselves sinking to some kind of level??  We ****ed forever about leaks and the team working things through the media. Now both the player and the team are working behind the scenes - now that's bad too? Both Trent and the team are doing this right. No one is running to the media ****ing about the other. 

The leaks are how this is playing out.  No press conference, no this is what's going on.

All a bunch of...a friend said this and a person with knowledge said this.  All speculation and some contradicting other pieces.  This IS the leaking bull****.

And there is nearly 100 pages worth of speculating on all these rumors.  

We got days of this long before the skins said GMSM was gone.  We got lots of speculation for cravens.  After so many events.

Days before camp they said they expected him to show.  There is little chance in my mind that isn't a lie.  They can be forward without telling all the details.  Were they afraid we were going to find out Trent was holding out a day early?  

The drama is constant and even if leaks/speculation is different it's still how things operate.

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I know a post is good when @skins4 gives the little "confused" reaction to it. Not sure if they ever actually post but they always react to a post opposite of what I think. We are polar opposites. 

Yeah, I wasn't sure what to do with that.  Haha. 

Just now, jsharrin55 said:

The leaks are how this is playing out.  No press conference, no this is what's going on.

All a bunch of...a friend said this and a person with knowledge said this.  All speculation and some contradicting other pieces.  This IS the leaking bull****.

And there is nearly 100 pages worth of speculating on all these rumors.  

We got days of this long before the skins said GMSM was gone.  We got lots of speculation for cravens.  After so many events.

Days before camp they said they expected him to show.  There is little chance in my mind that isn't a lie.  They can be forward without telling all the details.  Were they afraid we were going to find out Trent was holding out a day early?  

The drama is constant and even if leaks/speculation is different it's still how things operate.

Actually, it mostly speculation and rumors. That's not leaks. When there is something to say they will say it. 

Just now, goskins10 said:

Actually, it mostly speculation and rumors. That's not leaks. When there is something to say they will say it. 

They are intention leaks.  This is how they are negotiating.  Speculation is based off what they want us to hear.  

It is different.  I'll give you that.  However, to me post the rumors/speculation, but it's silly to make a determination with any of it.  It started as a response to people jumping to vilify one side or the other.

And per the leaks- they are better, I will say this- in general they are doing things smarter for things like draft picks.  I still don't think BA/DS have a good grasp of how to run a team.  Maybe that blinds me a bit, they generally come off as devious and/or useless.  I think there are better ways to deal with this.

7 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

They are intention leaks.  This is how they are negotiating.  Speculation is based off what they want us to hear.  

It is different.  I'll give you that.  However, to me post the rumors/speculation, but it's silly to make a determination with any of it.  It started as a response to people jumping to vilify one side or the other.

And per the leaks- they are better, I will say this- in general they are doing things smarter for things like draft picks.  I still don't think BA/DS have a good grasp of how to run a team.  Maybe that blinds me a bit, they generally come off as devious and/or useless.  I think there are better ways to deal with this.

Have there been a few leaks? Yes. But then there have been 100s of rumors and speculation from those very very few leaks. 

I agree BS and DS are idiots. But not everything they do is ****., And albeit agonizingly slow, they are getting a little better. 

My biggest point has been no reason to make any determination as we just do not know. I see above you are in the same place. I just don't think when you compare this to other situations around the league this is actually going better/more professional than most. 

The Texans have no GM right now due to their own incompetence, and the loudest voice in the room is probably B.O.B. who has incentive to win now and protect his QB to keep his job. 

This may be the only FO in the history of football that even Bruce Allen could fleece. 

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

I just don't think when you compare this to other situations around the league this is actually going better/more professional than most. 

Well, I suppose it could be worse, but that comparison is setting the bar low for them.

I feel like you're giving them credit for being less bone headed and I admit I might just be tired of them being bone headed.  

Perspective.   Haha.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

The Texans have no GM right now due to their own incompetence, and the loudest voice in the room is probably B.O.B. who has incentive to win now and protect his QB to keep his job. 

This may be the only FO in the history of football that even Bruce Allen could fleece. 

That’s an excellent point I hadn’t thought about. The GM they hire will likely want his own guy anyway, unless BOB leads the team to the playoffs this year. Massive need at LT. Stars align on that one, holding out hope for a first yet but would settle for a second this year and the following.

2 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

Well, I suppose it could be worse, but that comparison is setting the bar low for them.

I feel like you're giving them credit for being less bone headed and I admit I might just be tired of them being bone headed.  

Perspective.   Haha.

I probably am. But I have to do something to maintain my sanity...  🙂  

Just now, goskins10 said:

I probably am. But I have to do something to maintain my sanity...  🙂  

I stopped drinking alcohol and have a 2 year old.  Now that you mention sanity maybe I should visit a doctor and see if i still have mine.  

6 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

That’s an excellent point I hadn’t thought about. The GM they hire will likely want his own guy anyway, unless BOB leads the team to the playoffs this year. Massive need at LT. Stars align on that one, holding out hope for a first yet but would settle for a second this year and the following.

If it must happen then I hope some value comes from it.  Maybe be likelier to sign Scherff.

However, I'll still be upset it got to this point.

Archived