Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

27 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I forgot about Hall's comments about Bruce's view of when Trent made the trade request.

Anyone remember when Marvin Lewis refused to trade Chad Johnson? Would have made off with possibly two Skins' 1st round picks or something like that anyway. 

Yeah though I don't think it was characterized by Lewis refusing but Cincy ownership but I might be misremembering?  but yeah two #1's for Chad Johnson, thankfully they helped save us from ourselves.  The other one was thankfully the Jets outbidding us for Mark Sanchez.  

if only...

1 hour ago, The Consigliere said:

Look at my posts from the time, you're not telling me anything  i didn't know from the jump. There's a lot of Enraged, spittle flying from the mouth faux pas level takes from me in here and at CPND following that trade. I was already kind of in a catatonic state in terms of my fandom at that point, so at least it elicited a month long streak of apocalyptic rage from me, waking me from what's become a three decade long slumber, but it also killed some of the last few redskins fandom blood cells floating around in my veins. You can be only so stupid for so long before fandom is just Paul Giammati in Billions level masochism and needs to be abandoned. I just don't know how. "Withdrawal in disgust is not the same as apathy." to quote Michael Stipe. 

4A64A127-E93F-423D-9708-85649EAC4E45.gif

2 hours ago, carex said:

we had Dunbar and Moreau at CB as younger players after Norman, they were probably feeling like the potential 4th CB for a starting QB was a good deal

First you gotta stop the madness...moreau? What has he done? You do realize that fuller was the number 1 slot cb his sophomore year...saved a game with a last minute int...plus many other breakups. What has moreau done since been drafted? 

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Interesting is a man that would prefer to help kraft traffic than a Shanny.

12 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Chiefs obviously saw something in him. That's an actual professional football organization over there though. We don't have one.

It would be nice if Reid had also agreed to trade us his next backup for a 3rd in food faith.

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah though I don't think it was characterized by Lewis refusing but Cincy ownership but I might be misremembering?  but yeah two #1's for Chad Johnson, thankfully they helped save us from ourselves.  The other one was thankfully the Jets outbidding us for Mark Sanchez.  

if only...

We would get absolutely pantsed in a trade with the Pats since they're smart and we have the cast of Idiocracy running our team. They're generally super stingy with their trades as well. No way they would give us their 1st. The Pats also seem to generally regard the inside of their line as at least as important, if not more so, than the outside...because Brady is the GOAT and his feel for the pocket and stepping up into it is more or less superhuman. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd guess to show that a player can't bully the FO into a trade.  Or to D. Hall's point supposedly from talking to Bruce -- if a player wants out they need to make the case before FA not after. 

The problem is. Who is this message being sent to? Future Free Agent signee's? Draftees? Current Players? Everyone, everywhere knows we suck, and NOBODY respects Bruce Allen or Dan Snyder. NOBODY. I can't speak to Jay Gruden, or the staff behind Allen, but Allen himself? Snyder? They are Bidwill level morons in terms of respect level around current NFL players and future ones. 

So what purpose does any message sense really, if you're not respected to begin with? 

1 hour ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

First you gotta stop the madness...moreau? What has he done? You do realize that fuller was the number 1 slot cb his sophomore year...saved a game with a last minute int...plus many other breakups. What has moreau done since been drafted? 

I think Moreau is a good prospect btw, I am not bashing, or critiquing Moreau, or comparing him to Fuller. It's just a fact that Fuller had come off an All Pro caliber season for a Slot Corner, one of the most important positions to evolve over the last decade with so many teams now featuring Big Slot superweapon WR's. He did indeed come off #1 in many metric based analysis of slot corners. He was a MONSTER in year 2, why yuck in year 1? Coming off a major injury/microfracture surgery if memory serves, he flat out wasn't ready to go in '16, so he was uneven, two years later, best slot corner in the NFL, and we turn around and trade him and a top 100 pick away for Alex Smith's retirement tour, and btw, Alex Smith wasn't 1/10 as good as McNabb (not talking about the washed McNabb we got, talking about the esteem/talent they were held in and had at one point in their careers), and we ended up paying more for Smith?!?!?! The timing of everything that offseason was 1000% marketing, remember the replacements finally getting their rings, just in time for news to hit that Cousins was signing for Minnesota for 10 mill more per year than we offered him (or thereabouts, putting the lie to the bull----, horse manure offer the idiot Allen lied about presenting him with eight months earlier?), they were desperately trying to kill the bad press of missing the playoffs yet again and the bad press of losing Cousins, and so they did the trade AND the replacement moves. Sure, some yokel's believed, you can always find a gullible homer, but the vast majority of us have been burned more times than the garlic bread at Olive Garden to believe any bull---- coming out of Redskins Park about anything. 

4 hours ago, carex said:

Fuller hadn't done anything special with us

And last year with Smith the only game that would have been out of reach for us  towards the end of the season would have been the Eagles games

I was on record as saying it was nto a great or horrible trade. But in terms of Fuller, he the #1 rated Slot CB in the NFL. 2017 He had 55 tackles, 10 passes defended, 4 interceptions and 1 FF. One of the pass defense saved one our 7 wins. All that while playing 16 games but only starting 6 he was in 65.6% of all defensive snaps. 

If this is "hadn't done anything special" help me understand what is? What more was he supposed to do? 

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree.  but I doubt they think that way.  Bruce probably still thinks it's a flagship franchise. 

We really just need to walk away. I'm just pissed off that Gibbs I took place between my 6th and 18th birthday's, no better way to hook a fan, even if I was living just south of San Francisco the whole time. 

7 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

We really just need to walk away. I'm just pissed off that Gibbs I took place between my 6th and 18th birthday's, no better way to hook a fan, even if I was living just south of San Francisco the whole time. 

My age wasn't that far off from that so I grew up during the Gibbs era, too.  Dan has really sunk this team to lows that I never thought possible. 

I used to get so angry about that take because I felt mediots just whitewashed the horror show that was Petitbone '93 and the Norv years '94-98 pre-Snyder to the extent that they pretended Norv was a victim when he was justly s canned by Snyder. Two things could be equally true, Snyder could be a pos, and Norv could also have gotten the firing he richly deserved (back in '96, '97, and '98, maybe he didn't deserve it as much in '99-'00, but he sure as hell did after '96, or even '97 or '98. But yeah, back then the misery was having an inept coach he seemingly couldn't be fired, but since Snyder the rot has taken root like a California Oak, and is now encased and immovable in that fertile soil. The franchise is in ruins and will stay so until perhaps, his son, or daughter takes over or someone he sells it too when the seething hatred of the masses proves too much, or maybe he makes a move so awful, he gets Sterling'd, or he just passes away, but yeah, it feels like we've got at least another 20-25 more years of this which is why I don't watch the games anymore, I just post some in the forums and watch the draft. I can't give it anymore time than that, just wish I could change teams, but its just not possible. 

Fuller in deal was crazy and a bad move. The Skins willingness to give Smith a 2 year extension all but sealed him wanting to come and steering the trade talks in the Skins’ favor. 

The deal was designed to keep his yearly cost in the 9-11% of the cap, which I was okay with. A salary in range of 15-20. 

8 hours ago, carex said:

Fuller hadn't done anything special with us

Why do you feel the need to be the contrarian on literally everything. Fuller was a stud slot CB for us, one of the highest graded in the league at that point, and TONS of people here were pissed that he was thrown into that trade. An extremely valuable piece on his rookie contract. 

5 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Dan is like a spoiled, bratty, little kid. He plays with his toys, gets tired of them really quickly, then he wants someone else's toys. Rinse and repeat for 20 years and counting...

Maybe somebody can get him interested in the NBA instead then. He could then win his first trade by swapping the Redskins for the Wizards.

Finlay just on.  Couldn't tell if he was just giving his opinion or this is stuff that he heard.

His points were by the end of August, Trent was surprised that the team wouldn't trade him.  He thinks the fines are making Trent if anything more defiant.  Trent doesn't want to play here.  But he thinks he returns right before he needs to be to get vested for the season.

He said that the organization is taking a stance against players dictating to them.  He finds it impossible to believe that there aren't good offers out there.    He would trade him. 

Sheehan kicked in (Finlay agreed but with a different angle on it) that they want Trent to think there isn't a market for him out there. 

I kind of agree with the no players dictating to the team.  I mean that was what Haynesworth was trying to do to the team too and fans hated it then.  And the Redskins don't actually have to know what they're turning down because they actually don't have to let the conversation get to that point

23 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Rumors swirling today that Cardinals may be in on a trade for TW....

However, they do not have a 2020 first rounder.

Assuming you are referring to this.  Since when though does Arizona not have a first round pick in 2020?  I just double checked on it, too. 

Edit:  Digesting Arizona if there is anything to it.  I doubt they'd trade their first because it could be a top 5 or top 10 pick.   Wonder if Patrick Peterson would be somehow involved.  It would fit the Redskins win now mode -- and he helps solve arguably their weakness on defense.  Peterson out for the first 6 games and last year reportedly wanted to be traded. 

Archived