Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

33 minutes ago, carex said:

I kind of agree with the no players dictating to the team.  I mean that was what Haynesworth was trying to do to the team too and fans hated it then.  And the Redskins don't actually have to know what they're turning down because they actually don't have to let the conversation get to that point

Do you ever disagree with the front office?  If anything, you're consistent.

Haynesworth was a fat lazy POS that showed up to get his paycheck with a ski-mask.  Trent Williams is the best player this team has drafted in the last decade.  The scenarios are not in any way alike.  

The Trent scenario is like a marriage gone bad, where one side wants divorce, and the other side won't sign the papers and rather they both live miserably.

5 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I think I would rather have picks (2nd and 3rd, or 2020 2nd and a 2021 2nd)  than Peterson, he's 29 and I know he's very good but based on that 6 game ban I think he's in the stage 3 protocol which means he's 1 more offense away from a 1 year band.  

Me, too.  But I am in beggars can't be choosers mode.   If its about win now, we might be boxed into a player versus picks.  

I could see them do it. They utilized four picks the past two years on WR and have David Johnson as a RB. They have everything for Kyler except the OL. The problem is, a trade would make more sense if it was like, "Williams and a '20 2nd, for Arizona's 1st." We don't have a second. Maybe it could get done for our 3rd. Trading our first for their 1st makes no sense as we could easily be worse. So I wonder? I always wonder if this is agent talk, or legit rumors. The deadline is coming up soon right? When is it? Mid october? Late October? 

Ughh, Peterson? That might be the death blow for me as a redskins fan. He's a fantastic player, but a luxury for a team that's utter garbage and needs to go young and build for the future. 

Ive stated this a few hundred pages ago- but will state it again.  

I think he is retired.  I will be shocked if he ever plays football again.

No team will trade a 1st rounder or a young player for Trent -Considering Trent can hardly play a full game these days, let alone a full season, he is getting older and is 1 failed drug test away from a lifetime ban.

He took a gamble that the Skins would offer him more money or trade him.  No good offers came and they wont offer more money. 

The fines have now piled up. My question -is if he retires and never plays football again -does he still owe the fines?  

I suspect not.  (They skins can try to get the signing bonus portion back - but thats prob it).

So congrats -both lose now.

I would absolutely trade Trent to Arizona for their 1st. But we would need something else with it. Peterson would be nice. A second would be nice. Look, i just want to go into next years draft with two high 1sts. With that kind of ammo you can get two of the best OL available or trade down from one of them and get a top tier TE.

Ideal 1st round Draft 2020:

OL, OL, TE

Im convinced that if you put Haskins behind an elite OL, he will shred teams apart. We dont necessarily need to go high for WR. Just get him a line and a two-way TE. He will take care of the rest.

8 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

No first. No deal.

We are going to need to replace Norman next year no matter what. If you’d like to save that first for OL then the only other option is trading for a corner or signing another high priced one not as good as PP. why not take the all pro and am additional second in a loaded draft?

The idea that a team that says they are focused on rebuilding for the future (AZ) would trade next years 1st rounder for a 31 year old, often injured, 1 failed test away from suspension, OL is ridiculous enough, then throw in a All pro CB???

come on guys.  Be real.  

2. Contract progress for Scherff?

Defend the District (@DefendforOldDC) - "How likely do you think it is at this point that Brandon Scherff will get a new deal here?"

At this point, I don't think it's likely. Scherff is now 14 games away from free agency, and by all the whispers I've heard, the Redskins didn't really make an offer that would keep him tied to Washington.

It's possible the Redskins' brass doesn't want to go north of $14 million a year for a guard, even a guard as good as Scherff. It's also possible the team will use a franchise or transition tag on Scherff next offseason.

Whatever happens, I would not expect a contract extension between Scherff and the Redskins this season. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-mailbag-if-everyone-expected-0-2-start-why-everyone-freaking-out

9 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Scherff need to earn that kind of deal. I'd like him back, but he's got a way to go to prove himself on that type of contract.

Not sure what else he has to prove?  He's their highest rated O lineman via PFF, he's become a perennial pro bowler.  He's not as good as Q. Nelson or Zach Martin but he's not a mile behind.  If we are going to lose both Trent and Scherff then we basically become the 2016-2017 Giants, a joke of an O line.

In my view, when you have good young players, you have to pay at least some of them.  The Eagles are good at preempting their younger stars hitting FA and reupping before the market gets out of whack -- save Wentz.    Here IMO at least make him a competitive offer.  So far I've just heard low ball offers. 

Scherff needs to get paid. He's a good old fashioned home grown stud; one of the few we've managed to develop. You can't seriously enter next season minus both our best lineman in Williams and Scherff, unless you like giving up 8 sacks per game.

Since we are almost certainly ditching Williams, use some of that savings to pay Scherff, and draft a LT in the 1st round next year.

34 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

@Skinsinparadise I'm a big fan of Scherff, all I would say is I would like to see another strong season this year before I ponied up 5/80mil with 40mil+ gtd.

So for me to get behind Bruce on this, at least make a competitive offer first.   It would be like buying a house on the market that we think is worth $450,000 but the asking price is $500,000.  We offer $300,000, and then bemoan that the $500,000 asking price is too high.  The seller wouldn't take you too seriously.  If you think $450,000 is the market price then make a real offer that's at least close to that target price.  But anyway, that's the impression I get based on what's being said (by Finlay and Sheehan) thus far on the Scherff negotiation.   

Dallas has worked to pay their O lineman and keep them.  I get the comp pick drill and I like it to an extent.  But as one pundit pointed out about the Redskins you can't let all your guys go after the first contract -- in part because players will start to think this isn't the franchise to build a career-long term chemistry, etc.   You need to keep some core guys IMO. 

Archived