Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

22 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

For 2 years y'all complained that our safeties were trash. They went out and got the best safety available in the FA. Now you all complain that it was a waste of money. God, some of you wont ever be satisfied with anything.

No for 2 years fans complained our safety's were bad in coverage. That doesn't change with Collins. He's not a FS. Another reason why he shouldn't have got paid what he did. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just saw on NFL Network, Redskins got an offer to Scherff up to 13 million a year but they didn't mention the length or guarantees.    If so, I take that offer as a getting serious type offer.   Rapoport though said on the same segment, Scherff might hit FA and in turn get a big pay day.

At least they are getting serious. I’d go to 14 with a substantial amount guaranteed and if he doesn’t take that well then we better pick up some big boys early and often next years draft. 

13 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

At least they are getting serious. I’d go to 14 with a substantial amount guaranteed and if he doesn’t take that well then we better pick up some big boys early and often next years draft. 

I hope they work it out.  14 million is steep but it still makes sense IMO for a youngish very good player who is poised to hit FA.  So i'd offer him that.  i don't love the idea of rebuilding the O line where both Trent and Scherff are gone.    Moses has been mediocre thus far this season.  Flowers has been decent but its not like he's transformed into a pro bowl guard or at least not yet.   Rouliier is decent but nothing special.

Our NFC East foes are  building something special at O line -- including even the NY Giants who have been working at it for a couple of years.   I think if Scherff stays and they draft a really good young LT, we'd have a really good O line too. 

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just saw on NFL Network, Redskins got an offer to Scherff up to 13 million a year but they didn't mention the length or guarantees.    If so, I take that offer as a getting serious type offer.   Rapoport though said on the same segment, Scherff might hit FA and in turn get a big pay day.

Wouldn't we just tag him for 2020, the impending CBA Negotiations\Stand-off will dictate thereafter. Scherff may well be happy to wait until then to gauge the level of cap\cash levels. 

We gave Collins a massive deal but it's still structured in a way that could be bailed out of within 2 years. 

The expiring CBA has to be a major factor in contracts talk at present. 

6 hours ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

That's what happens when you draft a guard with the 5th overall pick. Now you have to pay him as he can say "you took me with the 5th pick so you must think I am that good." Another SM screw up. 

To be fair, we drafted him to be a Tackle.  He failed miserably there so we moved him to guard.  We can use that in negotiations though. 

12 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Wouldn't we just tag him for 2020, the impending CBA Negotiations\Stand-off will dictate thereafter. Scherff may well be happy to wait until then to gauge the level of cap\cash levels. 

We gave Collins a massive deal but it's still structured in a way that could be bailed out of within 2 years. 

The expiring CBA has to be a major factor in contracts talk at present. 

Maybe.  The tag was 14 million and change last year, so i gather its rising for 2020. 

42 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I looked for a tweet from Rapoport and can't find one.  There are so many made up twitter accounts out there, SIP.  Did he actually say this on NFL Network?  Thanks in advance and thanks for your insightful post, my friend.  :) 

3 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

No for 2 years fans complained our safety's were bad in coverage. That doesn't change with Collins. He's not a FS. Another reason why he shouldn't have got paid what he did. 

The value for the team is the length of the contract and players age. Haven’t seen enough to form an opinion just yet on him as a skin. His reported leadership ability will hopefully increase his value as he gains clout with teammates. 

Skins are in total control of his career. Contract was a win for the Skins long term. 

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I looked for a tweet from Rapoport and can't find one.  There are so many made up twitter accounts out there, SIP.  Did he actually say this on NFL Network?  Thanks in advance and thanks for your insightful post, my friend.  :) 

Yeah he actually said it on NFL Network, I watched the segment.  I don't see an article that mentions it yet but I presume it's coming.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah he actually said it on NFL Network, I watched the segment.  I don't see an article that mentions it yet but I presume it's coming.

We can only hope that Brandon accepts the offer.  If not, we might be in the market for a OG in FA or the draft.  We already need a OT in the 1st round.  

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe.  The tag was 14 million and change last year, so i gather its rising for 2020. 

My guess would be he wants 5/80mil with a fair whack gtd. 

I think we are ok on this one for now. I'd like him back on a LTD though, just got to get the right numbers.

I keep going back to an interview Bruce gave at the combine about how we had too much money stashed in the OL. Pay Scherff, dump Moses next year, get a rookie LT and RT on the books and in the starting OL.

17 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

My guess would be he wants 5/80mil with a fair whack gtd. 

I think we are ok on this one for now. I'd like him back on a LTD though, just got to get the right numbers.

I keep going back to an interview Bruce gave at the combine about how we had too much money stashed in the OL. Pay Scherff, dump Moses next year, get a rookie LT and RT on the books and in the starting OL.

One of the reasons why I'd like to trade Trent is getting that contract off the books.  Perfect opportunity to replace him with a young, cheap, LT.  And right now LT could potentially be loaded in this draft.

I think we often overlook the whole "Redskins are a disaster that never ends" part of the equation.

Guys like Trent and now Brandon, they know they can get big money elsewhere. Why stay and be part of a dumpster fire that Bruce keeps dumping more gasoline on? I mean, I get it. 

49 minutes ago, RWJ said:

We can only hope that Brandon accepts the offer.  

It's not a good sign that this got out.  My guess is the leak came from the Redskins, only cause that's generally how we roll.  We'd sabotage the chance to re-sign the guy, because we'd rather look right than negotiate, or better yet, get value from him.    

54 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

To be fair, we drafted him to be a Tackle.  He failed miserably there so we moved him to guard.  We can use that in negotiations though. 

This seems like an interesting tactic:

Redskins: "We intended to draft you as a good OT, but instead we accidentally chose you as a great OG. Because WE made that mistake, we want YOU to take a contract under market value."

Scherff: "[Laughs in Free Agent]"

I'm sure Scherff will agree to negotiate his contract according to his results in a position he's never played for us.

2 hours ago, Hooper said:

What the hell is Bruce waiting for?

He has to be getting calls and substantial offers from teams who desperately need left tackles.

Wouldn't you take a first from the Browns right now? 

Bruce said he's not trading Trent. For him this is about principle, not making the team better...

7 minutes ago, megared said:

It's not a good sign that this got out.  My guess is the leak came from the Redskins, only cause that's generally how we roll.  We'd sabotage the chance to re-sign the guy, because we'd rather look right than negotiate, or better yet, get value from him.    

If it was stupid, it was probably done at the behest of our brain trust.

11 minutes ago, megared said:

Fair point but we really don't know who lets out this info.  

Archived