Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

2 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Yes, please fleece the Chiefs and Andy Reid.... about time we screw him over

No thank you.We should never deal with Andy Reid again.He makes us regret it everytime.Instead of not wanting trade with Kyle we should never deal with Andy Reid.He will fleece us for the third time.

1 minute ago, Ghedrick said:

Thats Andy he can't wait to speak with the Skins.

Andy to Bruce is what Shanny was to Vinny.  It became a joke back in Vinny's day if Shanny calls, don't take the call.  I'd say ditto with Bruce and Andy.  Aside from dumping failing veterans for low draft picks, if Bruce wins a trade IMO this would be the first.  

RG3, J. Brown, McNabb, Alex Smith, Clinton-Dix. 

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Andy to Bruce is what Shanny was to Vinny.  It became a joke back in Vinny's day if Shanny calls, don't take the call.  I'd say ditto with Bruce and Andy.  Aside from dumping failing veterans for low draft picks, if Bruce wins a trade IMO this would be the first.  

RG3, J. Brown, McNabb, Alex Smith, Clinton-Dix. 

What would be a fair trade? Trent for Fuller + ?

25 minutes ago, LightningBuggs said:

So many teams with injuries at LT.  It boggles my mind that there isn't a bidding war going on for Trent.

But here we sit, watching "Dumb & Dumber" foolishly trying to win a battle of wills.

Well, Bruce has been known as "The Mind Boggler" for some time.  Just not for the reason the thinks...

17 minutes ago, wit33 said:

No matter how you feel about the FO, you can feel the value increasing for Trent as the season continues to move forward, right? 

Good spot for Skins to be in. 

Imagine you have an uncashed check for a billion dollars.  How many dollars do you have?  Zero.

That's what our stupid ass front office is doing.

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

Imagine you have an uncashed check for a billion dollars.  How many dollars do you have?  Zero.

That's what our stupid ass front office is doing.

The “billion dollars” is the question. We the fan or media have no clue what’s been offered to Skins outside of a report about the Pats. I’m not of the opinion the Skins should just make the deal to be done with it. Remain patient and wait for a great opportunity to present itself. Teams will only become more emotionally driven as the season goes on and an owner will force a GM into a trade to increase likelihood of reaching playoffs or a super bowl.

25 teams up to the trade deadline will have a legitimate narrative of making the playoffs. My random guess is half those teams will benefit greatly from having a premiere LT on a great contract (2 years left with option to franchise for a 3rd— 3 years of player control). 

27 minutes ago, wit33 said:

No matter how you feel about the FO, you can feel the value increasing for Trent as the season continues to move forward, right? 

I can, but at the same time the trade deadline is quickly approaching isn’t it? They need to move off the stance that they are absolutely not trading him.

35 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Actually, no.  The time to strike was pre-Houston/Miami deal.  I'm also not under the belief that they are holding out as a means to trade him and get the most value.  I'm of the belief they don't intend to trade him and his market isn't great because they won't talk trade for him.

2 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

I can, but at the same time the trade deadline is quickly approaching isn’t it? They need to move off the stance that they are absolutely not trading him.

Trade deadline concludes the Tuesday after all the week 8 games. 

No deal made this season and playing games only to accrue a season would be tough to swallow and the worst possible outcome. I can stomach him sitting out all year and Skins can maintaining two years of control. His remaining 2 years is a large piece of the value pie. 

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Actually, no.  The time to strike was pre-Houston/Miami deal.  I'm also not under the belief that they are holding out as a means to trade him and get the most value.  I'm of the belief they don't intend to trade him and his market isn't great because they won't talk trade for him.

I agree value was supreme with Texans openly pining for a LT. A potential missed opportunity, not sure if I saw anything substantial on what Texans offered Skins. Heard some talks about Clowney, but that wouldve made zero sense for Skins. 

Admittedly, I was on side of keeping Trent and hopeful a resolution could take place between the franchise and Trent, as I feel Trent will play at an elite level for the Skins next window of the current youth movement taking place. It appears I was wrong, Skins must find some value. If Trent sits the whole year, I’m fine with that, but no way can we let him accrue one year this year through playing 6 games. 

53 minutes ago, wit33 said:

I get the point but it’s tough for me to ignore all the noise that they are dead serious about not trading him.

If it’s all gamenship to amp Trent’s trade value, and this is a phony game of playing hard to get, then I’d be the first to complement them.

But there is too much noise where it’s tough for me to just chill and assume their plan is to trade Trent.

I hope this all about them trying to leverage trade value but I don’t think it’s something that we can just count on as fact. 

10 minutes ago, wit33 said:

I agree value was supreme with Texans openly pining for a LT. A potential missed opportunity, not sure if I saw anything substantial on what Texans offered Skins. Heard some talks about Clowney, but that wouldve made zero sense for Skins. 

It's kind of hard to gather what opportunity was there when they won't talk trade.  The most consistent piece of reporting on the whole scenario is that the Skins are not trading Trent nor discussing it with other teams.  Eerily similar to what we heard about Kirk in the winter of 2017.

10 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Admittedly, I was on side of keeping Trent and hopeful a resolution could take place between the franchise and Trent, as I feel Trent will play at an elite level for the Skins next window of the current youth movement taking place. It appears I was wrong, Skins must find some value. If Trent sits the whole year, I’m fine with that, but no way can we let him accrue one year this year through playing 6 games. 

Trent would be a fool to not show up prior to week 10 to assure that it counts as a league year.  Let the team figure out how to handle his presence while he counts his $ and gets to count as a full season per the CBA.

11 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Is there any way that the Redskins could be petty if TW did that?  Is there any repercussion that could be taken to force the year to stand as is?

1 minute ago, thelongestbreath said:

Is there any way that the Redskins could be petty if TW did that?  Is there any repercussion that could be taken to force the year to stand as is?

I think they've proven to be petty.  That said, there is absolutely nothing to they can do about paying him his full salary from the moment he shows up nor can they stop the 2019 season from counting, and he will only be under contract for one more year.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think they've proven to be petty.  That said, there is absolutely nothing to they can do about paying him his full salary from the moment he shows up nor can they stop the 2019 season from counting, and he will only be under contract for one more year.

That's horrible, and more than likely what will happen. i was hoping that if they're gonna ignore the time to move an asset that doesn't want to be here, that at least we could keep the contract at 2 years and not devalue as the season ends.  If there was a way, I know they'd be petty enough to use it.

10 minutes ago, thelongestbreath said:

That's horrible, and more than likely what will happen. i was hoping that if they're gonna ignore the time to move an asset that doesn't want to be here, that at least we could keep the contract at 2 years and not devalue as the season ends.  If there was a way, I know they'd be petty enough to use it.

At this point, the only leverage Trent has is to show up prior to week 10, get paid and count the season off his contract.  The team has pretty much forced that on him as well by not listening to potential suitors.  

2 hours ago, wit33 said:

The “billion dollars” is the question. We the fan or media have no clue what’s been offered to Skins outside of a report about the Pats. I’m not of the opinion the Skins should just make the deal to be done with it. Remain patient and wait for a great opportunity to present itself. Teams will only become more emotionally driven as the season goes on and an owner will force a GM into a trade to increase likelihood of reaching playoffs or a super bowl.

25 teams up to the trade deadline will have a legitimate narrative of making the playoffs. My random guess is half those teams will benefit greatly from having a premiere LT on a great contract (2 years left with option to franchise for a 3rd— 3 years of player control). 

No, what I'm saying is that even with a Ricky Williams or Herschel Walker trade offer, it means literally nothing unless we actually take it to the bank.  I don't trust Bruce to do it.  I'm in agreement with you that the value would go up, I just think we have a moron in charge of pulling the trigger.

Archived