Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

I cant think of any scenario for this team where re-doing his deal and paying him makes sense.

I suspect they're just gonna let the trade market develop a little bit, see who might be available or become available to plug in his spot, and then make a deal.

Wouldn't expect him to participate any way(recovering)..I think things were blown out of proportion..things get worked out and he's there week 1...

30 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

All eyes on Geron Christian starting Thursday. And I guess, Flowers.

I'm more interested in Geron..kinda with flowers more like...nervous/interested 

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Wouldn't expect him to participate any way(recovering)..I think things were blown out of proportion..things get worked out and he's there week 1...

I'm more interested in Geron..kinda with flowers more like...nervous/interested 

Just imagine how much better that either of them are going to cause Sweat to appear.

I'm sure he'll be great, but he'll have it relatively easy now, without going against TW in camp.

46 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

That's weird.  I just read a couple of posts ago that it's all about money.

Crazy how taking a breath can change the situation.

Hopefully Trents health situation is cleared up sooner rather than later. That's the main thing in the discussion without question.

He's still after a better contract though. Clear as day. Let's see what contract he's playing under week 1.

18 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Just imagine how much better that either of them are going to cause Sweat to appear.

I'm sure he'll be great, but he'll have it relatively easy now, without going against TW in camp.

True..I'm hoping tw is a go by week 2 in the preseason..not necessarily play but able to practice so him and sweat can feed off each other..

All eyes on who other teams cut/trade because they have younger cheaper options at LT.

If Trent is holding out because a medical staff thing. Then sort that **** out. If it's about money, I don't know what to suggest. Any bump would need to be based on staying healthy and performance. He's been paid to be injured also. Only docked game checks during his suspension(s). 

Geron is still rehabbing from his own injury so I'm not even sure he's ready to go yet, the kid was bad last year and he's been rehabbing so I'm not sure he's developed his game at all.

I would like to know more about the additional procedures Trent might need.

38 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Geron is still rehabbing from his own injury so I'm not even sure he's ready to go yet, the kid was bad last year and he's been rehabbing so I'm not sure he's developed his game at all.

Time to break out that ever-versatile Catalina cat.

Actually, here's a name I have never heard mention as an option : Parris.

He's obviously raw and not proven, but I hear reports that he has a lot of things you look for in a Tackle.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/timon-parris?id=32195041-5264-3168-c4ec-5884e065c3b1

http://draftanalyst.com/timon-parris

"Analysis: Parris is a big, strong run blocker who fits best at right tackle or potentially inside at guard. He's a solid developmental prospect with next-level possibilities if he's healthy and continues to improve."

We should hold onto this guy and see what we can do with him.

He even wore #71 in college.

If this is over the medical issue, so be it.  Hurry up, get well.

If it's over his contract, then look to trade him.  He was happy with his current contract 3 years ago, he hasn't played 16 games in a while, and his play has dropped off a bit.   He's a warrior, but we have to think of the team and he has been paid well.  

I'd be surprised if he could get his current contract fully guaranteed by another team, unless they had a pile of cap laying around and were desperate for an LT.

I am hoping the skins "redshirt" Haskins anyway, so I am all for trading TW if we can get a 2nd.  Yes it will leave a gaping hole on our oline for 2019, but giving him top money for his twilight years is a terrible idea. 

If we can't get a 2nd, then having him report late and play out his last two years isn't the end of the world.  Then hopefully we get a decent midround comp pick after 2020 season.  This scenario also buys us some time to find his replacement. The downside is we have to deal with the gray cloud of his discontentment, but I don't see him being over the top about it, and it seems every locker room has to deal with a situation or two like that.

I cant think of a better option then giving him what he wants.  You wont get anyone that belongs at LT this late in the offseason, just do what you can to keep him.  Dude has a shotgun pointed at our balls, but that's our own fault.  I'm going to be so pissed if hes serious about never wanting to come back, we look like an even worse organization then we already do if thats true. Brutal.

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm going to be so pissed if hes serious about never wanting to come back, we look like an even worse organization then we already do if thats true. Brutal.

I'm not buying that story. If he viewed our organization as being that horrible, then he would not have begged both the Skins and his best friend to join together only a year ago.

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Finlay seems to think it will all work out very soon.

Maybe so but will he be in shape and missing training camp how long before he's ready to play.  TW's (WHEN HEALTHY) is top 5 OT talent but it's been awhile since he's played a full season.  Doesn't warrant more money in his contract, IMO.

27 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'm not buying that story. If he viewed our organization as being that horrible, then he would not have begged both the Skins and his best friend to join together only a year ago.

I want to agree with you,  but I'm thinking about it from his perspective citing a health issue and way we handled it.  Possible cancer scares change people, and I'm not a fan of the results of our medical and training staff over the years, it absolutely has a bad reputation right now.

PG decided to stay with Russell on LTD, and now they both gone a year later, that happens in sports.  I dont believe Trent really doesnt want to come back, we jus know now he's not afraid to miss training camp now. That changes things, or at least it should. Theres a certain point where it doesnt matter if he wants to be here if he refuses to play.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Well, that mass on his head wasn't there last year and it probably scared the hell out of him.

But it still doesn't add up, if he was upset about the medical staff being incompetent due to something he later found out about concerning the mass that was removed then why would a contract solve that.

If I found out the oncologist I was seeing botched my diagnosis or decided against a post-op treatment when it was necessary I would be out of there in a heartbeat.

46 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Well, that mass on his head wasn't there last year and it probably scared the hell out of him.

But it still doesn't add up, if he was upset about the medical staff being incompetent due to something he later found out about concerning the mass that was removed then why would a contract solve that.

If I found out the oncologist I was seeing botched my diagnosis or decided against a post-op treatment when it was necessary I would be out of there in a heartbeat.

Unless I'm grossly mistaken, no NFL team carries an oncologist on its medical staff.  Why would he ever be mad at the medical staff, unless he asked them about the mass/bump and they said it was no biggy and then he later found out that it was a benign tumor?  Then again, you're ultimately responsible for your own health, go to a dermatologist if you are concerned.....

1 hour ago, Bang said:

When they say it isn't about the money,, it's about the money. It's a stick-up.

~Bang

Like saying, "It's not you, honey. It's me"

Just think, if it weren't for Trent, we'd have nothing to talk about now.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-training-camps/0ap3000001036518/Garafolo-Trent-Williams-may-not-return-to-Skins-at-all

JP & Keim break down the latest Trent Williams news :

https://art19.com/shows/f1339a3e-06a7-41d6-bc8b-77df06fb8eae/episodes/32a6ed45-0a87-46fa-9615-2b3bf9cf904e/embed?theme=light-blue

Archived