Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

5 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

The problem with Sherf is that he is an elite RG and not LG. If you have a left handed QB, this changes the conversation. But every qb is a righty. That means elite OL at the LT and LG are paid handsomely because they protect the blind side. Unless Sherf is playing there, its tough to justify a 16 mil contract. We need him. Just wish he could play on the left instead.

Tua is left handed :P

So some team next year will look for monster RG/RT :P

The 10th highest paid LG makes $5.6M/yr, the 10th highest paid RG makes $8.5M/yr.  Most teams run right more than left.

The Skins aren't in a great bargaining position with Scherff, but there isn't a huge difference between what he is making this year ($12.5M - 5th year option) and the highest paid guard (Zach Martin - $14/yr, 7 year contract).

Does anyone know what issue is, holding up Scherff ?

I havn't heard anything answering that, not even speculation, but I could have missed it.

Is it all or mostly about money ?

Is he unhappy with being a Skin, overall ?

Could it be, that medical staff ?

Does Scherff deserve his own thread regarding his extension ?

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

I guess the trade winds weren't blowing quite as hard as they thought. 

How often is the weatherman correct, anyway ?

23 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I havn't heard anything answering that, not even speculation, but I could have missed it.

No

Isn't everything?

I hope not, if so dont let the door hit ya on the ass on the way out.

Hopefully not

Probably or is that what the Redskins current o line situation thread is for?

In idaho, nightly.

I just watched Chris Simms, who said, he looked into the rumors and determined that there was no such "trade offer" from the Pats, or from any team for a 1st round pick, and he believes the Skins put that story out there just as a way to show that TW is on the market, and what kind of offers they are expecting for him.

However, personally I'm actually wondering if Chris himself made up his version, because he and Florio had an extremely hate-filled rant about the Redskins, that clearly showed bias.

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Mostly, it's money driven.

They talked a bit.

Redskins' FO apparently lowballed him as they used to.

And they're waiting for next offseason to start talking again.

(who said lowball him again???)

I havent seen any reports on this, but maybe I have just missed them. Have the Redskins fined Trent at all for not showing up/being around? If they havent been as it seems, what does that tell us about this situation? To me that seems to lean more towards the positive end and perhaps they have communication with him and are willing to not fine him as they feel he will be back? Of course if I have just been missing the reports on the fines this is moo.

1 hour ago, JoggingGod said:

I think we should consider trading for Billy Price along with trading Trent. He has pro bowl LG potential (not a C) and, if we extend Scherff, could solidify that position for the next 5 years.

Price just lost his starting job to a JAG Trey Hopkins.  He is looking like a bust, and we shouldn't give up anything significant, which means the Bengals probably wouldn't accept it for a guy they just took 21 overall 18 months ago.  

You'd think if it was gonna happen it would be real soon, ya gotta think any teams that want to swing trades right now would like to have a little time to get their new players up to speed.

At first I was hoping trent would eventually report but at this point I think I'd prefer he get traded than report assuming we get decent value for him.

For starters If he does show up you know he'll at least be a little disgruntled and it wont be all forgiven. 

Plus (knock on wood) the guys we have brought in to replace him seem to be at least healthy.

If we had lost any tackles during the pre season we'd be in really rough shape but we're going into the season with lesser tackles than trent but at least its guys that have mostly been in our system for a while and all were able to go through training camp with us so their all up to speed on our playbook.

I love trent but he's pissed, getting up there in years and can never seem to be fully healthy. 

If we can get a first I guarantee we'll look back at it next year and realize it was definitely the best thing for the team to move on.

46 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I havent seen any reports on this, but maybe I have just missed them. Have the Redskins fined Trent at all for not showing up/being around? If they havent been as it seems, what does that tell us about this situation? To me that seems to lean more towards the positive end and perhaps they have communication with him and are willing to not fine him as they feel he will be back? Of course if I have just been missing the reports on the fines this is moo.

I haven't thought of this and this is an excellent point.. I honestly still have my fingers crossed that Trent comes back

I was listening to some NFL insider on radio and they were talking about the Andrew Luck domino effect.  Basically said GMs across the league (especially AFC) are re-evaluating where they stand and could be more aggressive on the trade route now that the Colts are no longer considered a SB threat.  Wonder if this could ramp up calls to the Redskins about TW or maybe Scherff.    

1 hour ago, carex said:

That leaves Miami needing a tackle

Unfortunately that doesn't.  They've been open about tanking for the next draft class.  They've slowly been getting rid of all the overpaid vets on their roster, so it's fairly depleted.

They are looking for cheap youth, not market rate guys in their 30's.

4 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Unfortunately that doesn't.  They've been open about tanking for the next draft class.  They've slowly been getting rid of all the overpaid vets on their roster, so it's fairly depleted.

They are looking for cheap youth, not market rate guys in their 30's.

Clowney may only be 26 but he wont be cheap and he's on a franchise deal

2 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Price just lost his starting job to a JAG Trey Hopkins.  He is looking like a bust, and we shouldn't give up anything significant, which means the Bengals probably wouldn't accept it for a guy they just took 21 overall 18 months ago.  

Man Price and a 1st for Trent and change would be awesome. He was incredible early on. Easily the best C coming out in the draft last year. I dunno why hes benched right now. Im guessing his injuries have held him back. But he would greatly improve our line, and set us up for an entire OL revamp going into 2020. I dont see Cin leaping Pitt, Baltimore, or Cleveland this year, so Im all in on that trade!.

22 hours ago, redskinss said:

If the guard position is a blind spot for the quarterback he may want to consider figure skating instead of professional football.

In a play-action heavy offense, the qb is relying on the LT and LG to hold when his back is turned. Our team is built around ball control. We need to be good at play-action, and that requires the left side of the line to be stout.

17 hours ago, nonniey said:

I don't know about that seems to me the right guards are usually the top guards (and more athletic) on most teams.  Maybe because they pull more (just conjecture)?.

Yes, the RG pulls alot more and is generally more expensive. I may be wrong here, but the best rushing teams had their top to OL lined up next to each other. LT/LG is the preferred set up. Its why we ran the ball exceptionally well with Trent and healthy Luavao... and crashed and burned once Luavao went down.

Archived