Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

13 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

31 is nothin for an OT...Bruce Matthews played till he was 40 didn't he ? 😄

13 hours ago, Ghedrick said:

Whitworth for the Rams is one of the bestLT in the league and is 37.

To me it's less about a T still being good at 31 and more about the career trend. He's signed through age 33. So, the question shouldn't be "Can Trent still be good this year?" but rather "Will Trent still be good enough in two years to justify giving him more money now?"

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd add Santana Moss to that mix.  He said on a Training Camp show which I just watched that he talked to Trent and his story brought him to tears and the issue with Trent isn't the money.  Then he and the co-host got into the idea that Trent wants the training staff fired.  I recall someone else said the same thing.

I am not camped in one theory or another since Trent himself hasn't talked about this.  So I don't know.  But there definitely is at least a possibility that the train is driven by the medical thing.  In my mind, weeks back I thought it was the money.  But lately the medical stuff narrative seems alive in some corners so I gather there is a chance it's true. 

I'm with you on not camping on one specific theory. 

Honestly, what does it matter? The solutions will be a bit different, but it will look sort of the same. He'll get a bit more money and they might change the entire staff. The real question is do we want to spend a bit more to keep Trent here or do we want to ship him off? Granted we have to know the trade compensation, but overall it's around the same items we are talking about. 

1 hour ago, mojo said:

Trent is acting like my wife....oh I’m pissed but it’s up to you to figure out why.

giphy.gif

Would you prefer your wife go to social media, hold a press conference and/or use a 3rd party (agent) to openly communicate exactly why she's angry at you? 

According to Bruce Allen (BTW, in your example you are Bruce Allen) he knew the truth in early June.

I'll try to make it a realistic comparison to your situation. Your wife told you she's pretty mad about something. You ignored it for almost 2 months and now the kids are trying to figure out why she's not around. Your solution is to be real quite and bring in short term girlfriends (Corey Robinson and Donald Penn). 

How's that sound? Does it still fit the 'wife joke'? 

2 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

https://nfltraderumors.co/redskins-having-trade-discussions-for-ot-trent-williams-patriots-potentially-involved/

Redskins Having Trade Discussions for OT Trent Williams, Patriots Potentially Involved

Very interesting. 

With Brady's age the Pats are in win now mode. They have also been willing to give up decent picks to get players. I can think of the 2nd they gave up for Wes Welker and the 1st (I think) they gave up for Brandin Cooks. 

Granted anytime you trade with the Pats you typically lose. 

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

All I can say is if Trent somehow leverages this scenario into one where he ends up in New England.  Hats off to you, 71.

Technically it would be a raise and potentially a ring. 

He's a pretty private and respectful guy, but I wonder what he'll say when a reporter asks "how are things different compared to being in Washington?". 

3 minutes ago, Unbias said:

He's a pretty private and respectful guy, but I wonder what he'll say when a reporter asks "how are things different compared to being in Washington?". 

"Night and day, man.  I mean, I spent my whole career there, so I really didn't know anything else.  It's just....different.  No disrespect to a lot of the folks, coaches, players still there, we're still close, but it's just different, man."

9 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

He's worth a first rounder, nothing less..... He loses money by sitting out. Doesn't take up a roster unless he shows up.

Not at all!  An older, injury prone OT that hasn't played a full season in five seasons, who is also holding out and broadcasting to the entire league that he isn't happy here and may not play (which makes it widely known that the Redskins don't have a lot of chips to bargain with in a trade discussion), is not worth or near garnering a 1st. Plus, we have the most distrusted and incompetent "GM" in the league. If the roles were reversed, and the Redskins gave up a first for Trent at this point of time, many folks on here that are saying that is what he is worth would be pissed that we surrendered so much to get him. 

2 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

I'd trade him to New England for a second round pick and Yodney Cajuste

Cajuste was a 3rd rounder this past year, but it was a lighter year for the OT position. Essentially we'd be trading for a 3rd this past draft and a 2nd in the next. That's pretty decent especially if they liked Cajuste leading up to the draft. 

1 minute ago, redrobert said:

Safe to say we take a LT with our first round pick in 2020...

Safe to say we have no idea where we'll be drafting and who's available when we pick in the 2020 draft. 

2 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Safe to say we have no idea where we'll be drafting 

The range isn’t particularly broad.

The 2020 draft is the most loaded in the history of sports, there are probably 55 first round grades in next years class, let’s see if we can grab a pick or two. Of course, we should have traded Trent a year ago, but we are the Redskins.

Archived