Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

13 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Bruce Allen specifically being called out again.   As we speak Snyder is plugging his ears praying that stadium deal gets finalized as soon as possible, bc it seems letting BA go is not an option until the stadium deal is done.

On the other hand, is TW using BAs name intentionally, knowing Snyder won't fire him due to the ongoing stadium negotiations, hoping the skins will throw money at him to keep him happy and quiet?  Bc what role did BA play with the handling of his medical issue?  Or is he just ragging on BA because when you're pissed at the skins, BA is the popular scapegoat these days?

I don't expect TW to play another down for the skins.  The sooner we trade him the better.

It’s absolutely ridiculous that the career of one of very few homegrown STARs this team has had in 20+ years is going to end like this. 

Its one thing if he’s old as hell and his contract is up but no, it’s gotta be drama. 

It never fails and is yet another symptom of why bad franchises stay bad. 

No matter how you feel about Trent, this is unnecessarily ugly and can be tied back to the typical incompetence of the team. 

20 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I have no idea what's goin on in college...whos available next year or the year after..but I do know the redskins never won a superbowl with a flashy first round qb 😉

Other than scherff and Williams what other first round o linemen do we have?.... you're exactly right and have an excellent point I just wish they would focus on the o-line a little more early in the draft

From the (not 100% thorough I'll admit) research I've done, most teams don't have a stable full of 1st rounders on their OL. Most have 1, a handful have 2, and the only two with 3 I can think of is the Colts and Cowboys. We have 2 (high) 1st round picks on our OL so we're not exactly ignoring that unit. Our biggest issue has been injuries and not having good enough depth. 

And yes we won superbowls without flashy first round QBs, but that was in '83, '88, and '92 which might as well have been 70 years ago considering the changes in how the NFL game is played that have happened over the past 20 years. I realize there's a bit of a nostalgia for that era of football but it's gone. You might as well be pining for companies to start making cars with carburetors again.

Never imagined I'd feel like I'm siding with this team over one of their best players in a long time. 

Dude, you signed a huge deal at the time. You've been suspended a few times and missed more than your fair share of games to injury. The club stood by you through all of that. More than some fans. 

Speak up, already. 

2 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Never imagined I'd feel like I'm siding with this team over one of their best players in a long time. 

Dude, you signed a huge deal at the time. You've been suspended a few times and missed more than your fair share of games to injury. The club stood by you through all of that. More than some fans. 

Speak up, already. 

They didnt stand by him out of the kindness of their heart.  He was an elite LT.  Let's not pat them on the back for being honorable.

I don't really blame him if he coulda had a brain tumor and they brushed it off.  That's something you dont really get over.

6 minutes ago, justice98 said:

They didnt stand by him out of the kindness of their heart.  He was an elite LT.  Let's not pat them on the back for being honorable.

I don't really blame him if he coulda had a brain tumor and they brushed it off.  That's something you dont really get over.

He was given an elite deal for his elite talent. 

If the doctors suck in Ashburn. Say it. Having people guessing and contradicting each other isn't helping. 

Also, a growth on the outside of your head is now possibly a brain tumor? Is that what we're saying now? 

LOL he doesn't trust Bruce Allen. Who does? 

Bruce is here in large part because of his father coaching the over the hill gang, and Dan living in the past. 

Bruce was largely known as a contract guy.  Sooner than later we found out he was our replay coach. Huh?  We even heard he had a hand in deciding which players are inactive on game days. What the ?   Imagine all the things we don't know about, including lets just call it... medical management. 

I now think our horrible injury rate of the past 2 season is helping shape Trent's feelings about the team, valid or not. 

I think Bruce's goose is cooked on this one.  It sounds crazy but Trent being outspoken on the matter may get Bruce fired sooner than he would otherwise.  Go Trent??  Dan may not realize it yet, but he needs Trent more than he need Bruce.

Moses' words and actions speak to the problem being much bigger than they appear.

It's not just about Trent.

Moses saying that "I'm glad someone finally stood up to this" signals it could happen again, and that at least Moses would do the same thing if it happened with him, and that there really is a bigger problem that's been lingering and not dealt with. In addition, now he's wearing #71 to further show he's going out

of his way to take Trent's side in this.

44 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

think Bruce's goose is cooked on this one.  It sounds crazy but Trent being outspoken on the matter may get Bruce fired sooner than he would otherwise.  Go Trent??  Dan may not realize it yet, but he needs Trent more than he need Bruce.

Not if getting a new stadium is priority number one for Dan.

44 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Trent Williams doesn't care. he has a malpractice suit against the team and will be paid one team or another

Wait. He has a lawsuit against the team? Huh. Who reported that? Someone on twitter told me this too but i haven’t heard this from any local media yet. 

51 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Trent Williams doesn't care. he has a malpractice suit against the team and will be paid one team or another

as long as there isn't anything in the CBA about players going to get another doctor's opinion on the team's dime.

Oh wait.

https://www.nflpa.com/active-players/faq

Advanced issues found

The CBA gives players the right to a second medical opinion concerning their physical ability or inability to play football. The club must pay for this provided the player:

• First consults with the club physician prior to seeing the second opinion physician; and
  • Makes sure that the physician rendering the second opinion provides the club with a copy of his/her report.

If a player is a candidate for surgery, he has the right to select a surgeon of his choice to perform the surgery. However, unless the surgery is an emergency, the player must first consult the club physician and give due consideration to any recommendation made by the club physician. All medical bills are to be paid by the club. The CBA also gives a player the right to examine his medical or trainers' records twice a year--once during the pre-season and again after the regular season. Also, a player or former player may obtain a copy of his medical file upon request during the off-season, and his personal physician may obtain a copy of his medical records at any time. If the club physician notifies any club representative that a player has a medical condition which could adversely affect his performance or health, the physician must also notify the player. If the condition can be significantly aggravated by the player continuing to play, the physician must notify the player of this in writing before he can return to the field.

Could be wrong. But if you have a growth on your head and you're worried it might be cancer. Then go to an oncologist. If an NFL Team Dr. diagnosed that lump as one or another before a biopsy. Then that Dr. should be fired. Maybe that's what happened. You'd think that would have gotten out by now.

But it sure as **** looks like if a player isn't convinced the team Med staff is on the up and up. Not only do they have the right to go to another Dr. The team has to pay for that.

Again, Maybe I'm 100% wrong here. Wouldn't be the 1st time. We're going to need details on what this med staff did so wrong here. 

Go to the team and then go get a 2nd opinion. You don't need to be making like $10-$14M a year to get that done. A lot of us go see another Dr. when there is something concerning that we don't know about. 

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

He was given an elite deal for his elite talent. 

If the doctors suck in Ashburn. Say it. Having people guessing and contradicting each other isn't helping. 

Also, a growth on the outside of your head is now possibly a brain tumor? Is that what we're saying now? 

He wasnt given anything, he earned it.  Again, they didnt do anything just to do a solid for Trent.  They needed him.

It was a tumor, it was just benign.  

Are we saying if something was growing on your head, you wouldnt worry about what it was?  

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Dan may not realize it yet, but he needs Trent more than he need Bruce.

In the short term, maybe.  But if Bruce produces this stadium, he definitely needs Bruce more.  

19 minutes ago, justice98 said:

In the short term, maybe.  But if Bruce produces this stadium, he definitely needs Bruce more.  

Not that I am doubting you, but at what cost? 

Cousins, and seemingly now Trent, are big blows for an organization to overcome. Both may only be reasonably resolved by 2 top 5 or 10 first rounders. And even then, a little bit of luck.  Cough Andre Johnson, RG3....

If Trent becomes more vocal on the matter, it may even go as far as to make us lose out on potential free agents, head coaches, etc. Not to mention, ticket sales.  A shiny bright new stadium may amount to lipstick on a hog. DIdn't Bruce's vision of a new stadium include a moat? Maybe it was a security thing but it is a rather dated approach to stadium design.

5 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

If as was reported 2nd opinions are paid for by the club..there was/is no excuse for Trent not partaking of that benefit. It was HIS call.

Pure speculation here, otherwise do we already know that his original doctor is the one that told him he needed to get a biopsy?  If it was, he was late to the game.

I think it was the straw that broke the camels back Trent is not blind he has seen Bruce's futile antics for a long time now. Including making Jay or Doug do his dirty work with the media, micro meddling of the team.... he was the lowest rated GM of all the GMs last year.  That must be some sort of futility record he is closing in on.  That's all one really needs to know to understand why a player may despise him.

Archived