Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

20 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I really disagree with this. The way we treated out old players in 1994 was just maddening. Its like we forgot about the 80s and said I'm going to cut everybody that means anything to this team. 

So we should let older players dictate to the team when they want to retire?  Crazy.  It sucks but a GM has to be calculating when deciding when to cut a player.  Players know it’s a business.  To call cutting players who have lost a step “dysfunctional” is just wrong.

7 minutes ago, carex said:

our first franchise player Wilbur Marshall was a disaster.  The way we lost Green at QB.  The Sean Gilbert situation

Wilbur Marshall wasn’t a disaster.  But that aside, again, I’m not arguing a franchise always makes perfect decisions.  The Pats signed Antonio Brown which was clearly a bad move.  Guess the Pats are dysfunctional.

Skins lost Trent Green because there was no owner - JKC died.  Put Casserly at a disadvantage.   Not dysfunctional.

Thanks for playing though.

12 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

You think firing the great Richie Petitbon after one year to hire Norv Turner and then drafting Heath Shuler #3 overall is a sign of a functional franchise?!?  And then going to war with DC City Council and building a stadium in a swamp and naming it Raljon?!?

Okay, bro.  

That's tough, because it really did feel like we were turning it around by time Snyder bought the franchise then immediately took 17 steps back.  Are we back to dysfunctional and worse? 

There seems to be no rock bottom for a franchise that was the last to integrate (which doesnt even sound right), its jus clear despite everything it shouldnt be this way, regardless of the historical context and Snyder is only one that can stop it but doesnt.

5 minutes ago, Csup said:

So we should let older players dictate to the team when they want to retire?  Crazy.  It sucks but a GM has to be calculating when deciding when to cut a player.  Players know it’s a business.  To call cutting players who have lost a step “dysfunctional” is just wrong.

Wilbur Marshall wasn’t a disaster.  But that aside, again, I’m not arguing a franchise always makes perfect decisions.  The Pats signed Antonio Brown which was clearly a bad move.  Guess the Pats are dysfunctional.

Wilber Marshall was great...I still have a jersey in fact.  The way we franchise tagged him was a disaster.  Look it up.

22 minutes ago, tshile said:

hey guy that wants a stadium before a competent front office and coaching staff

tell me more about how to be a real fan

a stadium

🤣

You know I love you Tshile.  You get the last word this time.

Catch me in the Nats thread later.  I’m cooking up some special sunshine for ya!

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Wilber Marshall was great...I still have a jersey in fact.  The way we franchise tagged him was a disaster.  Look it up.

I will  concede that point - just because of laziness.  Lol.  I loved the player but don’t remember the franchising.  

8 minutes ago, Csup said:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/walkthrough/2007/too-deep-zone-first-franchise-player

here's an article about us franchising him.

and a huge chunk of our decisions in the early to mid 90s resulted in us losing, players unhappy with, no settled structure at the top.  How is that not disfunctional

2 minutes ago, Csup said:

I will  concede that point - just because of laziness.  Lol.  I loved the player but don’t remember the franchising.  

He was great, great, great.  His 92 season when he basically carried a 9-7 team to the second round of the playoffs is one of the best years any Redskin has ever had.

We absolutely had the Niners on the ropes in that playoff game, btw.

Just now, Csup said:

Its not just that. Its the way they did it. It was eerily similar to the dismissal of players like Brad Johnson and Brian Mitchell in the 2000s. There was a mass exodus of players from just 2 years before. Many were older but still went on to play many more years including Ray Brown,  Raleigh, Andre Collins, Schlereth, Gouvea, Wycheck. The list goes on and on. 

I'm not saying all those guys are all pro, and I understand that part of this comes with coaching changes, new regime means that you need to get new players that fit your scheme. But Casserly should have had more insight into what the team was building and the value of some of these players. Why did we go into the building a team around a young QB (Heath vs Gus) with no OL (which admittedly Turner did build up but we saw the sacks increase by a lot in those first few years. Plus the defensive talent that went away, and Norv's issue was ALWAYS defense. 

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

He was great, great, great.  His 92 season when he basically carried a 9-7 team to the second round of the playoffs is one of the best years any Redskin has ever had.

We absolutely had the Niners on the ropes in that playoff game, btw.

Oh yeah - if B Mitch holds onto that football....

41 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Yes. What i meant was if we had traded him, would he have passed the physical?

Obviously. He’s faking it. Which is pathetic for a hall of fame caliber player. He’s engaging in multimillion dollar fraud. His advisors are morons. He’s not walking away from this without damage to his reputation. This isn’t a Jalen Ramsey win/win situation.

Archived