Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

12 minutes ago, Rypienskinz said:

So in summary 

Last week at this time. Maybe the front office will smarten up and trade Trent before the deadline. 

This week. Man what a bunch of idiots for waiting until the last minute. 

So many knee jerk reactions. Can’t we wait until it happens/doesn’t happen then complain with facts.  

It's not difficult. He was worth far more when you had two full seasons of Silverback to trade for, now you have 1.5.

Not hard. 

The only positive to develop since we stuck our head in the sand was that more teams lost their Left Tackles for the year or extended time, but even that we couldn't take advantage of (you get on the phone that day because teams are their stupidest when they lose a key component of what they think is a potential super bowl run: ie the totally horrific trade that the vikes made when they lost bridgewater three years (a 1st and a conditional 4th for a QB everyone already knew was dog --- to begin with)).  

37 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I would add Ioannidis and Dunbar to this list. 

Dunbar should be top of the to trade list.

He's signed for one more year, when this team won't be competing for anything and then will require a new contract as he reaches an age of decline for most CBs, Keeping him because he'll be good for a bad team for a year and a half and then either leave or likely become very overpaid is what organizations with no foresight do.

Meanwhile, his cheap contract for this and next year and how desperate contenders get for CBs at this time of year would make him one guy who would likely fetch a hefty price.

Of course we have a FO that's only thinking about how to get back to 9-7 next year, so we won't even consider it. But a smart org would be floating his name out there and waiting for a bidding war, as he'd probably be the best cover guy by a fair margin available. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't know if this is reliable but it would make sense based on other reports as I said earlier. 

I feel like this same account has been saying this exact thing for weeks.

why would the bucs do that though? They’re garbage and going nowhere. Even if they hate Howard (I think they do), what does this do for them? 

the only team that’s trading for Trent is a fringe playoff team

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

Dunbar should be top of the to trade list.

He's signed for one more year, when this team won't be competing for anything and then will require a new contract as he reaches an age of decline for most CBs, Keeping him because he'll be good for a bad team for a year and a half and then either leave or likely become very overpaid is what organizations with no foresight do.

Meanwhile, his cheap contract for this and next year and how desperate contenders get for CBs at this time of year would make him one guy who would likely fetch a hefty price.

Of course we have a FO that's only thinking about how to get back to 9-7 next year, so we won't even consider it. But a smart org would be floating his name out there and waiting for a bidding war, as he'd probably be the best cover guy by a fair margin available. 

excellent call. Dunbar has real value. I could see a 3rd. And that should absolutely do that 

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Why would anyone offer more in the offseason? It makes zero sense.

*Lose 1/2 of a season of Silverback when you need an OT for your playoff run.

*Trade assets for Silverback when you have FA OT's available and a draft pretty deep in OT as well?

In what world do we get more in March then in August/September/October? It makes no sense. Teams make panic trades in season, rarely out of season (other than the idiot redskins). In the offseason teams will have plenty of options to address OT, and little consequence to taking their time on using FA money or draft picks to address the need during offseason strategizing. In season there's little time and few if any options. 

Seems kind of simple to me: suppy and demand 101. 

8 minutes ago, carex said:

slighty better, I guess.  Depends on if the whole "they're offering less for him cause only part of a season" narrative is true, plus whether or not he plans to show up for the last six games or if he really wants to stay completely away from them.  I just don't know enough to be really sure

For me to prefer the off season, it would have to be something like this:

The reporters were right that they were offered a first right before and at the beginning of the season.  But those suitors (presume the Texans and Patriots) have now disappeared so the market has shrunk.  And Cleveland is the only aggressive suitor left and they know they got the Redskins by the gonads so they aren't offering more than a 2nd. 

If that was the case, then I do it in the off season and hope to beat it.  

But if I got multiple suitors now I'd leverage their desperation and have a bidding war.  

2 hours ago, spjunkies said:

IT'S A MIRACLE!!!!!!

OK guys why get so excited. Remember the excitement 2 weeks ago? Reportedly the Redskins are open to trading. Just like reportedly Williams was going to be a Brown by close of business on 17 October.

4 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Why would anyone offer more in the offseason? It makes zero sense.

*Lose 1/2 of a season of Silverback when you need an OT for your playoff run.

*Trade assets for Silverback when you have FA OT's available and a draft pretty deep in OT as well?

In what world do we get more in March then in August/September/October? It makes no sense. Teams make panic trades in season, rarely out of season (other than the idiot redskins). In the offseason teams will have plenty of options to address OT, and little consequence to taking their time on using FA money or draft picks to address the need during offseason strategizing. In season there's little time and few if any options. 

Seems kind of simple to me: suppy and demand 101. 

I agree with your point. I've made it on this thread a ton of times.  The one unknown variable is how many suitors do they have now?  And have they lost momentum and interest from two key bidders.  There are some who have said the Patriots were interested but then  bowed out when told the Redskins didn't want to deal him.  And an insider here said the Texans were interested. 

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

Waiting until the offseason removes a lot of control, we don’t have any idea whether he’ll have 1 or 2 years left on his contract. We’ve been losing leverage for months.

I agree.  Like I said the only way I'd go for the off season is if the Browns are the only serious bidder left and refuse to go over a 2nd round pick.  I strongly suspect they would have other bidders aside from just the Browns. 

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't know if this is reliable but it would make sense based on other reports as I said earlier. 

Would love that. After some pretty good TE crops in '17'-'18-'19 came and went w/us swinging and missing entirely on mediocre in line option Sprinkle, the '20 draft offers little at TE to recommend it, the worst TE crop since 2016. Getting Howard would land us a legit talent at TE who can play in line and be a legit weapon in the passing game, and we'd have his 4th year and his option year left on the deal following this season. Not bad at all. Throw in some picks and I'm even happier, but I badly, badly, badly want us to land a 2nd somehow. This is a draft LOADED in RB and WR talent, and our offense lacks the latter while it copes with injured options w/regards to the former. I would really, really like to use a 2nd on a WR in this loaded crop. 

Works on the TB side of things as well, as they have an "ehhh" OL at best, and don't use TE's in that offensive scheme anyway. 

2 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Would love that. After some pretty good TE crops in '17'-'18-'19 came and went w/us swinging and missing entirely on mediocre in line option Sprinkle, the '20 draft offers little at TE to recommend it, the worst TE crop since 2016. Getting Howard would land us a legit talent at TE who can play in line and be a legit weapon in the passing game, and we'd have his 4th year and his option year left on the deal following this season. Not bad at all. Throw in some picks and I'm even happier, but I badly, badly, badly want us to land a 2nd somehow. This is a draft LOADED in RB and WR talent, and our offense lacks the latter while it copes with injured options w/regards to the former. I would really, really like to use a 2nd on a WR in this loaded crop. 

Works on the TB side of things as well, as they have an "ehhh" OL at best, and don't use TE's in that offensive scheme anyway. 

I loved Howard before the draft.  But I have some concerns about some calling him an underachiever with even Arians piling on about him being mystified about it.

But yeah on pure talent he's got it all.  Maybe all his Alabama teammates would help bring out his best.  

30 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

If Tunsil, a noticeably inferior tackle, can net two 1's, then we better get at least a first for Williams. The dude is a top 3 LT in the NFL. As much as we know Allen is a ****ing moron, surely we can nab a good pick for Williams regardless.

Timing. Texans were desperate. We rejected their inquiries because Bruce is a genius.

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I wanna know what everyone's reaction will be if in 24 hours we have 2 extra 1's and like 2 2's...of course meaning some others players had been dealt..what would our thoughts on bruce be then/than?

Why not just ask what would everyone think if we had 10 extra 1sts and 10 extra 2s and for all Extremeskins poster -free tickets and travel to every Redskins game for the next 20 years?

In other words asking us to speculate over pure fantasy. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I loved Howard before the draft.  But I have some concerns about some calling him an underachiever with even Arians piling on about him being mystified about it.

But yeah on pure talent he's got it all.  Maybe all his Alabama teammates would help bring out his best.  

Trent for Howard....and TB's 1st round pick works. Howard is a bust thus far....but he's from Bama so he must come here per Bruce.

Archived