Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Just now, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Problem is that seems to be Bruce's mindset too, doesn't know where the pick is gonna fall in the round apparently. I mean, it's not that tough to work out who's picking where, and some of these teams have multiple picks from prior trades.

But at the end of the day, outside the top 10 of the draft, why get so hung up if the pick is at 45 or 57, maybe 73 or 89. Don't get it.

I mean, I honestly don't even believe that report, because with Cleveland it's pretty obvious they'll net us a good pick in the top half of the round.  And he's an idiot if he waits until after the season.  The value only becomes worse once a team loses its desperation and its hope that it can turn its season around.

9 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I mean, I honestly don't even believe that report, because with Cleveland it's pretty obvious they'll net us a good pick in the top half of the round.  And he's an idiot if he waits until after the season.  The value only becomes worse once a team loses its desperation and its hope that it can turn its season around.

I agree he's an idiot.

Regarding trades, as an example, a team like a Denver has 3 second rounders. So it's not like was would have to take their actual 3rd rounder. We could ask for the best 3rd rounder they end up with. Same applies with plenty more teams. 

5 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Pernell McPhee on IR for the Ravens.... Give them Ryan Kerrigan....

Ya know maybe this will resonate if we can just give them Kerrigan instead of trading them Kerrigan this would meet the obvious ****-over the team plan that Allen has implemented.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It pains me to root against them as there are players and coaches that I'm a fan of.  So I don't really root for anything at this point, but I firmly acknowledge that the absolute best thing for this franchise is to hit rock bottom so hard that Dan has no other choice but to make the necessary changes required for any semblance of a chance of becoming a respectable franchise once again.  I'm well aware that there are no guarantees nor is it even likely that Dan Snyder will make the right decision post Bruce Allen, but I've seen enough of this **** show to know that it will never yield positive results.  I'm all for Dan selling me another dream just to have something to get behind even if it's a fools errand.  This current conglomeration I just don't have it in me to get behind.  

That said, getting something in exchange for players like Trent to give a new guy something to work with is optimal to me.  I'm also all for adding guys like Ryan Kerrigan and Josh Norman (even if it yields a 5th or 6th rounder) to the trade party as well.

I think next year is the year we'll hit rock bottom. Imagine Trent will leave for relatively next to nothing, Scherff will leave, Tress Way will leave, we'll reach for a tackle in the draft and they will be unable to hire a long term coach.  (How good is the 2021 class?)

31 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Depends though on whether the pick is coming from a contender or a team like the Browns who just thinks they're a contender.  If it's coming from a true contender a 3rd round pick is basically a 4th.  I don't consider that fair value.

Apt:

aren't the Broncos supposed to be one of the teams who would like to get Trent?

https://nfltraderumors.co/browns-talking-with-three-nfc-east-teams-for-ol-help/

Browns Talking with Three NFC East Teams for OL Help

CLEVELAND BROWNS: Buy left tackle Trent Williams. I don't need the Browns to rule the AFC North for this deal to check every box. A fully healthy Williams for a high draft pick makes sense because Cleveland, record aside, harbors no bigger need than finding Joe Thomas 2.0 to protect quarterback Baker Mayfield. This move should have happened three months ago. Potential compensation: 2020 first-round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001068713/article/nfl-trade-deadline-one-buysell-proposal-for-each-afc-team

WASHINGTON REDSKINS: Sell everyone, but start with running back Chris Thompson. Should D.C. part ways with Trent Williams? Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. But all indications are Bruce Allen and associates have no interest in doing so. With Jay Gruden already out the door, it should be rebuilding time in Landover proper. Asked to choose just one player to offload, I'll go with Thompson, a versatile pass-catching back in the final year of his deal in D.C. Adrian Peterson is clearly Bill Callahan's favored back, and Derrius Guice should return from injury shortly. Potential compensation: 2020 fourth-round pick.

7 minutes ago, carex said:

trying to force the Skins with "if you don't give us Trent for this package we will send this package to one of your rivals for an LT of their's."

I mean nothing else is working, why not? At least the Browns are trying. By default that puts them ahead of us. 

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A reporter on NFL Network 3 minutes ago, don't know his name, said as far as he's heard the Redskins continue to rebuff trade offers even ones involving first round picks. 

This is malpractice. NFL needs to step in. Dan and Bruce are now causing intentional harm

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A reporter on NFL Network 3 minutes ago, don't know his name, said as far as he's heard the Redskins continue to rebuff trade offers even ones involving first round picks. 

Now THAT would be stupid.......IF TRUE

Dan and Bruce just may be saying FU to the media, Skins Fans who trash him at every opportunity and they really don't care about the "Franchise" anymore. Hell, Dan is making money putting trash on the field. I hate to think an owner "hates" his team's fan base that much...but if he's as petty as you all claim. Who knows. IF they are rejecting a 1st for Trent...that's my only response to that. *I* HOPE that is not true.  I'd be through with this team if that is shown to be true. You won't get better than a 1st (1-32) after the season. Trade his ass already..(assuming Trent will accept a trade and not continue to hold out)

As opposed to making a smart move Dan and Bruce are sitting back, doing nothing just hoping a 'deal they can't refuse' comes along. 

Could be stubbornness, laziness or stupidity. Either way what ever ends up happening will not be determined by the effort of this front office. 

Among the few who defend Bruce's approach here, you got 3 theories from what I've noticed. 

A.  Bruce-Dan indeed will wait to trade Trent in the off season.  And that's smart...

B.  Bruce-Dan are bluffing, they will trade Trent but will wait until the witching hour to drive up the leverage and get the best deal

C.  They really haven't gotten a good offer.  All those 1 round pick narratives from national reporters are just simply made up and wrong.

For me personally -- A & C are totally out.  But I can entertain B.  It doesn't seem like a stretch that they are playing a hard game of poker.   Personally I doubt it's so in a strict sense but I can see somewhat of a half attempt of playing poker in that they don't want to trade Trent now but will do so if a trading partner offers them something really good and unexpected. 

Also I agree some with the Browns reporters who suggest that Dorsey floating other NFC East teams could be an attempt to get Bruce's attention.  

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Nobody would offer a first according to ESperts.

Rarely, if ever, have we been the benefit of a trade in which draft picks are involved.     We trade our picks away for players that don't merit it, and refuse to trade our players when they still have value  (or in a lot of cases somehow let out that said person is on trade block (Doctson for example) and that we will just cut them if we can't find a suitor.)     There is no way this team is anything but a laughingstock until Bruce is out and a real, true front office is put in place.     Williams, Norman, Kerrigan should all be on the block.  Let the young guys play and get as much draft return as you can in their place.    Let Haskins play the rest of the year and see what you have.  It can't be any worse than what Ive seen from our QBs since Week 3.   If he's not the answer  (and a real Front office could see that not fan boys).   Suck as bad as you can next year too and grab Lawrence from Clemson after trading down this year and getting multiple OL to start your OL rebuild 

Archived