Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 minute ago, The Consigliere said:

That's hilarious. Such a moronic trade, that Alex Smith deal just looks worse and worse and worse. 

But we were 6-3*!

*Actually 6-4, with a negative point differential, and the third easiest strength of schedule for the first 10 games...but hey, the narrative that Smith > Cousins must be preserved at all costs...

18 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

But we were 6-3*!

*Actually 6-4, with a negative point differential, and the third easiest strength of schedule for the first 10 games...but hey, the narrative that Smith > Cousins must be preserved at all costs...

I’d 6-4 again. Good times. 

Keim weighing in on his podcast.  His points on Trent:

A.  Trent's trade value will increase if he backs off wanting an extension.  

B.  His trade value is higher now than the off season unless Trent doesn't report this year where his contract remains with 2 years left. 

C.  He feels like its important for Bruce to "win" this stand off with Trent

d.  He concluded by saying that this organization sometimes loses the forrest for the trees --the question should be what is best for this franchise?  He doesn't think their moves always reflect that. 

On an aside I was listening to Rich Campbell who now covers the Bears on the same Keim podcast.  He said the Bears see this as a tune up for the Vikings game.  They see this as an opportunity to get right against a bad team with a bad defense.  This is the game where they feel free to allow Trubuisky to let it fly since they feel they can exploit this defense without problems.  

And they feel so good about this game and their fans expect a win that if they don't pull it off -- the city will go nuts because they should beat a bad team like the Redskins.  Wow.  If there is something to players getting hyped from bulletin board material (granted this is from a media guy as opposed to a player), there was a ton there.  

21 minutes ago, carex said:

Fuller hadn't done anything special with us

Other than be a very solid slot corner at a cheap price, sure...nothing special.

22 minutes ago, carex said:

And last year with Smith the only game that would have been out of reach for us  towards the end of the season would have been the Eagles games

History obviously indicates you will go to great lengths to defend the Redskins, but *insert C'mon man gif*  It's diving deep into the depths of ridiculous to go this far with the what-ifs.  

51 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

But we were 6-3*!

Q: Alex Smith or Kirk Counsins?

A: Matt Moore

25 minutes ago, carex said:

And last year with Smith the only game that would have been out of reach for us  towards the end of the season would have been the Eagles games

8B8524AF-274D-48DF-A464-1ADF8F7B33C2.gif

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

On an aside I was listening to Rich Campbell who now covers the Bears on the same Keim podcast.  He said the Bears see this as a tune up for the Vikings game.  They see this as an opportunity to get right against a bad team with a bad defense.  This is the game where they feel free to allow Trubuisky to let it fly since they feel they can exploit this defense without problems.  

9F084A3D-68F9-4B86-A9A9-069B4EFEBE40.gif

3 hours ago, thelongestbreath said:

Is there any way that the Redskins could be petty if TW did that?  Is there any repercussion that could be taken to force the year to stand as is?

Possibly suspend him for "conduct detrimental to the team"? Would that change how those 6 games would apply, as far as contract years? Would Brucie do it?

5 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Trent who?  I don't care about him anymore, trade him for a draft pick, whatever he'll command and be done with it.

I think this is becoming more the common sediment of the fan base. 

The problem is the longer this goes the Snyder/Allen hard headed tactics only lose leverage. Right now we are probably waiting for one of two things to happen: 

1 - Trent just gives in and shows up

2 - Some team has an injury and offers a king's ransomed for Trent

Neither of these really seem to have a plan. We are essentially hoping for some other event to happen, meaning we are just in a waiting period. 

If we wanted to get this dealt with quickly experience tells us if effort on Allen's side is what's needed to make this happen then nothing will happen. 

42 minutes ago, carex said:

He was a building block starter with a low salary and cap hit.

Good team don't trade away assets such as these for aging players.  The trade says more about the ineptitude of the people making decisions than it does about Fuller, though.

Just now, illone said:

He was a building block starter with a low salary and cap hit.

Good team don't trade away assets such as these for aging players.  The trade says more about the ineptitude of the people making decisions than it does about Fuller, though.

we had Dunbar and Moreau at CB as younger players after Norman, they were probably feeling like the potential 4th CB for a starting QB was a good deal

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

It looked that bad the second it was made. 

Yep.  I laid out my worse case scenarios that off season before they made a move.  I picked #1 worse case was trading for Alex Smith.  As I said then you don't trade youth for a 34 year old veteran who has had at best a good (not great) career -- let alone someone like that who relies on his legs.  It's the third time they've done this -- Brunell, McNabb and Alex.  I hope they've learned their lesson now. :mellow:

We've started 6-3 in 2016.  So what?  Is the new thing now partial seasons?   they went 6-4 and could have easily been 5-5.  He was bad against Tampa.  But luckily, their field gioal kicker missed multiple chip shots, and we got 4 turnovers in the red zone.  Tampa set a record for losing with such a lopsided yardage advantage, 500 yards or so to 250 and change.  I was there baking in the sun and it was painful to watch how bad our offense was against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. 

But lets go nuts and say they went 9-7?  For me its yawn.  Get younger and better.  Treading water and sneaking in the playoffs just barely -- we should have higher goals than that.

2 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

But we were 6-3*!

LOL!!! Yeah, it was so damn sustainable. Yeah, Alex Smith's 2017 wasn't the biggest screaming outlier since Leicester won the EPL. Anyone with a functioning brain cell keeled over laughing the second the trade was announced, and shock, horror, it was actually worse than initially projected (just a horrible trade, instead, turning into a decade worst deal contender and only losing out because the name going out w/the pick is less well known due to the position said player plays). 

Dan needs to understand, there's still time this decade to make even worse trades, or start off the next decade with exceptionally poor trades in keeping with the previous one. Only move to avoid it is to fire the moron in charge. You know, the guy doing nothing, while we sit on an asset gathering dust that could pile up multiple pick assets in return due to the bidding war that would come following the litany of OT injuries that have hit to start the season. But nah, we need that 30+ OL for, well, what exactly? This team is bad, like, all world bad, and by the time we're competitive again he'll be 32 or 33 and will hate this franchise even more than he already does. So again....can we, ummm, maybe make a move for the future, like, for once, ever, when it comes to a veteran asset?

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

It looked that bad the second it was made. 

Look at my posts from the time, you're not telling me anything  i didn't know from the jump. There's a lot of Enraged, spittle flying from the mouth faux pas level takes from me in here and at CPND following that trade. I was already kind of in a catatonic state in terms of my fandom at that point, so at least it elicited a month long streak of apocalyptic rage from me, waking me from what's become a three decade long slumber, but it also killed some of the last few redskins fandom blood cells floating around in my veins. You can be only so stupid for so long before fandom is just Paul Giammati in Billions level masochism and needs to be abandoned. I just don't know how. "Withdrawal in disgust is not the same as apathy." to quote Michael Stipe. 

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Other than be a very solid slot corner at a cheap price, sure...nothing special.

History obviously indicates you will go to great lengths to defend the Redskins, but *insert C'mon man gif*  It's diving deep into the depths of ridiculous to go this far with the what-ifs.  

He was the #1 rated slot corner in the NFL in 2017, so yeah, he was something special. As a second year slot corner, he had already become elite. And we threw him away AND A FREAKING PICK for a has been coming off the outlier of all outlier seasons to go to a team w/none of the assets that produced said outlier season. The best we could hope for at the time was a poor man's version of 2010-2012 Niners Alex Smith, which isn't very good to begin with (They won due to defense and Frank Gore), and of course, we didnt even get that, we got a career ending injury following mediocre game management QB play disguised as supposed competence. 

1 hour ago, carex said:

@Volsmet 

laugh all you like, but we had six and a half games left, we lost to the Texans by two points, we'd already beaten the Cowboys and Giants once, we did beat the Jags and we lost to the Titans by 9 with our fourth string QB. 

1996 Fools Gold. 

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep.  I laid out my worse case scenarios that off season before they made a move.  I picked #1 worse case was trading for Alex Smith.  As I said then you don't trade youth for a 34 year old veteran who has had at best a good (not great) career -- let alone someone like that who relies on his legs.  It's the third time they've done this -- Brunell, McNabb and Alex.  I hope they've learned their lesson now. :mellow:

It's a trade made by a F.O./Coach afraid they're about to get fired, or a coach that things the team is dog bleep, and they'll need a bridge QB (see Boonell, and McNabb trades, John Friesz signing etc) and the net loss is worth it for the bridge QB. In this case it was the former, and it played out exactly how I predicted it would. Our passing game went into the toilet, Smith was the game manager we knew he was, and the trade blew up in our face. 

If people want to fantasize that we were a 6-3 team, just look at our record since, 1-8. So, someone really wants to make the argument that that 6-3 start is more reflective of who we are than the 1-8 since? Please. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim weighing in on his podcast.  His points on Trent:

C.  He feels like its important for Bruce to "win" this stand off with Trent

d.  He concluded by saying that this organization sometimes loses the forrest for the trees --the question should be what is best for this franchise?  He doesn't think their moves always reflect that. 

Something I've wondered--may have already been discussed but I don't frequent the threads and the board like I used to--but:

Is there a benefit to the team, long term, from Bruce "winning" this stand off? 

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Something I've wondered--may have already been discussed but I don't frequent the threads and the board like I used to--but:

Is there a benefit to the team, long term, from Bruce "winning" this stand off? 

I'd guess to show that a player can't bully the FO into a trade.  Or to D. Hall's point supposedly from talking to Bruce -- if a player wants out they need to make the case before FA not after. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd guess to show that a player can't bully the FO into a trade.  Or to D. Hall's point supposedly from talking to Bruce -- if a player wants out they need to make the case before FA not after. 

I forgot about Hall's comments about Bruce's view of when Trent made the trade request.

Anyone remember when Marvin Lewis refused to trade Chad Johnson? Would have made off with possibly two Skins' 1st round picks or something like that anyway. 

1 hour ago, carex said:

@Volsmet 

laugh all you like

A7569F46-DE18-495D-B87E-BA8FC8F199C1.gif

1 hour ago, Unbias said:

I think this is becoming more the common sediment of the fan base. 

Please don't presume to understand my sediment, I only have 1 kidney. 

47 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We've started 6-3 in 2016.  So what?  Is the new thing now partial seasons?   they went 6-4 and could have easily been 5-5.  He was bad against Tampa.  But luckily, their field gioal kicker missed multiple chip shots, and we got 4 turnovers in the red zone.  Tampa set a record for losing with such a lopsided yardage advantage, 500 yards or so to 250 and change.  I was there baking in the sun and it was painful to watch how bad our offense was against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. 

But lets go nuts and say they went 9-7?  For me its yawn.  Get younger and better.  Treading water and sneaking in the playoffs just barely -- we should have higher goals than that.

EB4068C2-1CD3-4AB3-956E-038EB568F330.gif

Archived