Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

51 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Hines did well there. He explained very simply that Trump broke the law by withholding the funds without congressional approval. That's been a major Republican talking point since the hearings began.

C'mon.  

If the only thing Trump did was to ask about investigating Biden during The Phone Call, then he broke the law.  That's even if the only thing he did, was what he admitted to in his own press release.  

The next week is going to establish a permanent baseline for what the future of this country is. The GOP has assumed the position that in the face of all evidence, they will lie and obfuscate, banking on the fact that a sizeable chunk of the population is just too dumb or disengaged to understand the gravity of what’s happening. 

The inevitable constitutional crisis is unfolding and it’s entirely unclear if the country as a whole is serious about not accepting the most obvious case of corruption in US history. 

Maybe it's just me, but for some reason Laura Cooper seems like someone who's bad side I would not want to be on. Not that she seems mean or unpleasant. It's almost the opposite...she seems almost too banal and calm. Like if you crossed her she'd unhurriedly gouge your eyes out with her bare fingers and then just go on with her day as if nothing out of place ever happened. Maybe go a bit nuts later and put two sugars in her coffee instead of one. 

Its crazy how stupid Nunes knows his constituents are and how happy he is to take advantage of it. 

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

I honestly think Devin Nunes is crying for help and nobody will lend a hand

he is literally stating every damn thing he is doing

Miya ****ing crazy. And he knows he’s going to get away with it. 

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

I honestly think Devin Nunes is crying for help and nobody will lend a hand

he is literally stating every damn thing he is doing

I noticed that as well. Every single tactic they're employing he's accusing the Dems of doing. Basically just a page out of the Trump playbook.

my golly...nunes, in what i assume is his closing comments now, is literally giving a textbook example of "projection" in psych defense mechanism sense, basically describing all the bs the gopers are doing and saying it's the dems doing it...classic trump move (he got it from ray cohn first and then the hot-rodded version of strategic narrative from bannon who got it 18th century american politicians who took it from machiavelli who got it from...well you get the picture..."projection" is common to the right wing wired brain and a big fave of the orange lumpy idiot in chief....nunes should really just be staked to an arizona anthill replete with a honey covering and make it a nat'l geographic special

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

my golly...nunes, in what i assume is his closing comments now, is giving a literary textbook example of "projection" in psych defense mechanism sense, basically describing all the bs the gopers are doing and saying it's the dems doing it...classic trump move (he got it from ray cohn first and then the hot-rodded version of strategic narrative from bannon who got it 18th century american politicians who took it from machiavelli who got it from...well you get the picture..."projection" is common to the right wing wired brain and a big fave of the orange lumpy idiot in chief....nunes should really just be staked to an arizona anthill replete with a honey covering and make it a nat'l geographic special

NO PROJECTION. NO PROJECTION. YOU'RE THE PROJECTION!

It is pretty telling that Nunes never directly addresses any witness testimony in his opening/closing diatribes.  All he does is repeat something you'd heard on Sean Hannity or Mark Levin.  It plays well to the 30% who still think the President did nothing wrong, but to the rest of the country it is pretty easy to see there is zero substance to it.

The harm right wing media has done to this country is irreparable at this point. There isn’t even a half-assed attempt at maintaining a modicum of truth and shared reality. 

This will get much, much worse and it’s no guarantee that it gets better at this point. 

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Tucker starting his show with:

1. Sondland said no quid pro quo.

2. Sondland’s lawyers are all Democrat donors. 

Ministry of Truth hard at work already. 

Even though he quite literally said the opposite. 

It's like a replay of the Mueller report where it directly stated that Trump wasn't exonerated and then Trump and all his sycophants immediately yelled "TOTAL EXONERATION!" over and over. 

Archived