Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

5 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I think this slow drip everyday is making a dent with some of his women supporters.  I think they have Trump fatigue too.

Not saying they will vote for a Dem next year, but I think some will not vote for him. This is just based on the vibe around where I live and also at Taco Bell.

The Taco Bell voter?  Hmmm.

6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The Taco Bell voter?  Hmmm.

I think the slow drip is the way to go, I think hearing about how Trump definitely tried to bribe Zelensky spoken about in a definite way (he definitely did it) will whittle down their illusions of innocence. 

Part of me says the House should vote, today, to send an article of impeachment to the Senate, for Obstruction of Justice.  Specifically, the President ordering the entire white house staff, in fact, the entire executive branch, to ignore congressional subpoenas.  

Let the Senate hold a straight, up or down vote, to choose between:  

1)  Removing him from office for ordering the defiance of subpoenas.

2)  Voting, on the record, that the executive branch is immune to Congress.  

Keep the investigation going, on the other counts.  Just ask the court (the court which actually has jurisdiction over the case) whether the suspect has the right to ignore warrants and subpoenas.  

23 minutes ago, Larry said:

Part of me says the House should vote, today, to send an article of impeachment to the Senate, for Obstruction of Justice.  Specifically, the President ordering the entire white house staff, in fact, the entire executive branch, to ignore congressional subpoenas.  

Let the Senate hold a straight, up or down vote, to choose between:  

1)  Removing him from office for ordering the defiance of subpoenas.

2)  Voting, on the record, that the executive branch is immune to Congress.  

Keep the investigation going, on the other counts.  Just ask the court (the court which actually has jurisdiction over the case) whether the suspect has the right to ignore warrants and subpoenas.  

No f'ing way do you do that. With how Trump couldn't contain himself yesterday. You keep going slowly because he's going to do it again. Then you're forcing his defenders to talk about his tweets and not staying on script. You need Holmes to speak publicly. If you can get Parnas also, you need that too. He's admitting to meeting with Trump and Rudy to run a secret extortion plan on another country. Plus, you're giving the GOP more chances like Stefanik to end their careers early. Jordan/Nunes are going to keep handing things off to others to see if they can make headway. 

Stay on script. Stay calm. Move methodically. Just wait a few hours because the GOP will make mistakes. "No first hand knowledge"....... ok, here is a guy who heard the President and Sondland discuss it. "Well, that person was just listening, that isn't first hand knowledge". That's not how it works.

We need to see Graham continue to destroy himself everyday when he has to move the goalposts again and again and again.

6 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

What’s this from?

https://www.justsecurity.org/62174/pardon-furthers-conspiracy-limits-pardon-power/

20 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Either this GOP counsel is purposely throwing softballs because he secretly is disgusted with the GOP, or he is the most ineffective lawyer I've ever seen on TV.

fulfill-steve-castor-the-lawyer-managing-questioning-for-gop-during-impeachment-hearings-990x557.jpg

In both appearance and demeanor, he reminds me of...

448624afadd674404bb7dc8ad849449c.jpg

Archived