Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

41 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Sip, did your boy Brugler actually say anything in that?

Washington may or may not like Haskins, Young’s a good player, there will be a couple of good tackles, Washington could take one of the above or could trade back.  I had no idea...

Would really be nice to recoup a second rounder some way.  

What do you guys think about Jalen Hurts? His first few years at Alabama had me thinking lower round project but with the change in offensive coaching and system at Oklahoma hes looking more and more likely like a late 1st to early 2nd.  Watching him makes him comparable to Dak but a little bigger and much stronger.  His arm is strong and he has the allusive feet to move around in the pocket.  

10 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Would really be nice to recoup a second rounder some way.  

What do you guys think about Jalen Hurts? His first few years at Alabama had me thinking lower round project but with the change in offensive coaching and system at Oklahoma hes looking more and more likely like a late 1st to early 2nd.  Watching him makes him comparable to Dak but a little bigger and much stronger.  His arm is strong and he has the allusive feet to move around in the pocket.  

OU bias, but I've been impressed, he reminds me of Cam Newton, strong arm and powerful runner. Today will be a big test for him. 

What has happened with Trent Williams is regrettable, and Andrew Thomas may be the ideal replacement/successor to the LT position, but hard not to believe Trent could play for 5 more years at a top level. 

As much as Ryan Kerrigan has been a warrior and leader of the unit, I do think we're reaching that time with him.

Sweat - Ioannidis - Payne - Allen - Young

Foster - Holcomb

That's what this defense needs, along with a true FS. Don't love having Quinbar, Moreau and Moreland as the top 3, but there are other draft picks. 

Might want to hang on to day two pick for a Morgan Moses replacement, otherwise there's the FS. 

Zoning on some on Kenneth Murray in this game.  He plays with a lot of energy, all over the field, side line to side line speed.  Strong tackler.  Big enough dude to play Mike.   Can do A gap blitzes, come off the edge.  Fast.  Plays with oomph, tone setter type where it looks contagious.  

Had a hard time finishing the read after "The Redskins, like most smart teams..."

I am defense guy and would love Young but you can't rely on late draft picks to be good cover guys and tacklers. 

Barring a great Trent trade, you take Young without trading back your next pick isn't unitl the third round. You need OL and TE or any QB will be dead

4 hours ago, volsmet said:

I wonder if anyone here has ever seen the college stats on the packers backup QB.

Holy crap. Who the heck is Tim Boyle...lol.

I can't believe that is their only other QB on the roster

46 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Zoning on some on Kenneth Murray in this game.  He plays with a lot of energy, all over the field, side line to side line speed.  Strong tackler.  Big enough dude to play Mike.   Can do A gap blitzes, come off the edge.  Fast.  Plays with oomph, tone setter type where it looks contagious.  

His game v Houston was as dominant a performance, from a back 7 player, as I’ve seen since Eric Berry was roaming the field for my beloveds.

Watching Hurts  actually reminds me of Haskins in a lot of ways as it pertains to the things DH does well, except more accurate on the long ball and his foot work doesn’t cause him problems. I think he’s a better prospect than Haskins and it’s not close. 

Im not sure what I think of him on the grand scale yet, but so far this season he has been tremendous.

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ceedee Lamb is so good. I don’t think he’s that far off Jeudy.   Stating the obvious but this is going to be a sick draft for Wr. 

Lamb, Higgins, Ruggs, Reagor, Shenault, Gandy-Golden, Terry, Pittman, Smith, Jefferson, Vaughns, Collin Johnson, Peoples-Jones, Claypool, Quartney Davis (round sleeper for Mcshay), Tyler Johnson, Gabriel Davis, Wallace, Black, Jefferson, KJ Hill, Kendrick Rogers, Speliman, Edwards, Mims, & Callaway are all guys multiple nfl scouts will have in their top 100 overall. 

Maybe we could pass on Jeudy & trade down. 🤨

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Watching Hurts  .... I think he’s a better prospect than Haskins and it’s not close. 

When Steve sees this ... you’re gonna be in big big trouble, mister.

41894A0D-656B-4D66-B46A-3AD34756D3B5.gif

11 minutes ago, volsmet said:

When Steve sees this ... you’re gonna be in big big trouble, mister.

That was my first thought upon posting it. Just to note I’m not saying Haskins wasn’t a decent to good prospect. I just see a more pro ready Haskins (and a little more athletic) in Hurts. 

He has some flaws. He’s forced a few throws that just make you go... “uh what?”. But he is poised and has this playmaking ability about him. I really like him right now.  Come the off-season when I watch more film, including Bama, maybe that changes. But for now I’m really high on him. 

As of this moment I like him more the The Duck.

Also Lamb is ridiculous. 

24 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Lamb, Higgins, Ruggs, Reagor, Shenault, Gandy-Golden, Terry, Pittman, Smith, Jefferson, Vaughns, Collin Johnson, Peoples-Jones, Claypool, Quartney Davis (round sleeper for Mcshay), Tyler Johnson, Gabriel Davis, Wallace, Black, Jefferson, KJ Hill, Kendrick Rogers, Speliman, Edwards, Mims, & Callaway are all guys multiple nfl scouts will have in their top 100 overall. 

Maybe we could pass on Jeudy & trade down. 🤨

Yep my man crush at receiver, keeps changing, its like a buffet, I want them all.  I've been on the Lamb hype train going back months before this season.   I see Lamb in most mocks right now (granted mocks this early are worthless) in the mid to late first round with some exceptions.  But to me it would be a no brainer to trade down if the context is purely receiver based -- Jeudy versus Lamb.  I don't think there is much of a difference between the two.   Both look great IMO.

Like @stevemcqueen1, I've been big on Devonta Smith if we take one in the 2nd round, etc if he lasts that long. 

I hope Bruce is bluffing on the Trent thing otherwise what a buffoon -- so much talent in this draft.

5 hours ago, volsmet said:

Sip, did your boy Brugler actually say anything in that?

I wasn't sure if you heard that Chase Young is really really good.  😀  He said in the same Q & A that he thinks Young is the best player in the draft.

He's not really my boy.  I like him when he agrees with me but not when he doesn't  😀.  But his draft guide IMO is by a mile the most detailed.  It's killer good on that front.  

21 minutes ago, KDawg said:

That was my first thought upon posting it. Just to note I’m not saying Haskins wasn’t a decent to good prospect. I just see a more pro ready Haskins (and a little more athletic) in Hurts. 

He has some flaws. He’s forced a few throws that just make you go... “uh what?”. But he is poised and has this playmaking ability about him. I really like him right now.  Come the off-season when I watch more film, including Bama, maybe that changes. But for now I’m really high on him. 

The dude could certainly move in the pocket.  

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep my man crush at receiver, keeps changing, its like a buffet, I want them all.  I've been on the Lamb hype train going back months before this season.   I see Lamb in most mocks right now (granted mocks this early are worthless) in the mid to late first round with some exceptions.  But to me it would be a no brainer to trade down if the context is purely receiver based -- Jeudy versus Lamb.  I don't think there is much of a difference between the two.   Both look great IMO.

Like @stevemcqueen1, I've been big on Devonta Smith if we take one in the 2nd round, etc if he lasts that long. 

I hope Bruce is bluffing on the Trent thing otherwise what a buffoon -- so much talent in this draft.

I wasn't sure if you heard that Chase Young is really really good.  😀  He said in the same Q & A that he thinks Young is the best player in the draft.

He's not really my boy.  I like him when he agrees with me but not when he doesn't  😀.  But his draft guide IMO is by a mile the most detailed.  It's killer good on that front.  

To me everyone is Sips boy, you are the guy who keeps us abreast of the goings ons of the draft world. If they get something right, crickets ... if they say something stupid.... make sure to associate it with Sip - those are the rules. 

More seriously, though not much more, I love Shenault & Tee, those are the guys I like behind Jeudy right now. Admittedly, I must admit that I’ve liked Tee since he was in 9th grade & I am worse at evaluating WRs than anyone else in the world is at anything.

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

To me everyone is Sips boy, you are the guy who keeps us abreast of the goings ons of the draft world. If they get something right, crickets ... if they say something stupid.... make sure to associate it with Sip - those are the rules. 

More seriously, though not much more, I love Shenault & Tee, those are the guys I like behind Jeudy right now. Admittedly, I must admit that I’ve liked Tee since he was in 9th grade & I am worse at evaluating WRs than anyone else in the world is at anything.

I am typically lazy at this stage of the college season, I watch mostly the big games-teams and notice who jumps at me while watching and then after the season I try to go to town as much as I can and watch their individual game tape.  So I haven't really watched too many that closely, yet.  I should be at least in theory much more educated 3 months from now. 😀    

I've seen a lot of Alabama and Oklahoma.  I'll try to see Alabama again live at some point.  I've seen plenty of Higgins, i like him too.  I like his size especially if we paired him up with McLaurin -- physical receiver.   I only saw one game of Snenault. 

Jalen Reagor though might be my next man crush after Jeudy, Lamb.   He's feisty with contested catches/50-50 balls, fast, explosive.  He is a YAC guy, can cut in the open field like a RB.   Looks like a star to me.

He might end up a combine freak, too.  Will see.

https://withthefirstpick.com/2019/07/10/tcu-wr-jalen-reagor-is-faster-than-you-think/

On Wednesday, Reagor was added to Bruce Feldman’s “Freaks List” for this season. According to Feldman, Reagor has some pretty remarkable measurables.

“The 5-11, 195-pound junior clocked a blazing 4.29 40, and his power numbers are also impressive: a 620-pound squat, a 380-pound bench and a 380-pound clean,”

Archived