Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Just now, volsmet said:

Sometimes you just need to use tiers 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ultimately I will... but I want them batched easier. Which means rankings. But I kinda know where my divisions are for each prospect pool. Thank God.

These dudes are all literally the same. So many of these slot type guys are the same player. Limited route trees. Kick returner. Explosive. Fast. Mediocre hands. It's exhausting. :ols:

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Ultimately I will... but I want them batched easier. Which means rankings. But I kinda know where my divisions are for each prospect pool. Thank God.

These dudes are all literally the same. So many of these slot type guys are the same player. Limited route trees. Kick returner. Explosive. Fast. Mediocre hands. It's exhausting. :ols:

I hate ranking guys because a tier of 8 similar guys is, psychologically, easier to accept than having a guy at 6 and a guy at 13 that I like the same. I will typically have rankings at the top & tiers for the day 3 guys. 

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

DeVito is so bad.

Still... 66 receptions, 1023 yards, 11 TD for Jackson. With really bad QB play.

I should have said, I expected big things from Cuse. Devito was a great looking HS Prospect & he looked like he had something in the few games he saw snaps in 2018 (other than the Nd game), but he was absolutely atrocious this year. I saw some who had him as a dark horse Heisman candidate, but I liked King so wth 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nice. 

Yea, Khaleke is one of those guys I’m often picking in the late 7th round of my mock drafts. 

Just did this mock and he ended up being a UDFA by the time it was over. Man there are so many good players available at 66. I’m trading down if the board looks anything like what I’m seeing in these mocks. 

EDF4746E-9742-48D2-938A-D2248682FA07.jpeg

image.png.66d897fdf1b0baa9efa03f9c12250376.png

image.png.8ed18a32cd31c770b90e620f70ba0353.png

Alright... So...

Instead of going through each guy in painstaking detail...

Sleepers:

Gabriel Davis, UCF

Trishton Jackson, Syracuse

Kendrick Rogers, Texas A&M

Marquez Callaway, Tennessee

Dezmon Patton, Washington State

James Proche, SMU

Zimari Manning, Tarleton State

Devin DuVernay, Texas

Not sold:

KJ Hill, Ohio State

KJ Hamler, Penn State

Lynn Bowden Jr, Kentucky (character concerns)

Aaron Fuller, Washington (too many drops, otherwise he's solid... a lot like Hamler in a lot of ways.)

Top 20 receivers:

1. CeeDee Lamb

2. Jerry Jeudy

3. Justin Jefferson

4. Henry Ruggs III

5. Denzel Mims

6. Tee Higgins

7. Laviska Shenault

8. Gabriel Davis

9. Jalen Raegor

10. Bryan Edwards

11. Michael Pittman, Jr.

12. Tyler Johnson

13. Brandon Aiyuk

14. Antonio Gibson (weapon/RB/WR)

15. Antonio Gandy-Golden

16. Collin Johnson

17. Devin Duvernay

18. Kendrick Rogers

19. Trishton Jackson

20. Marquez Callaway

4 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Callaway gets no love, but the guy can play, he returns kicks, he’s great on contests passes, he’s a great dude, and he competes on every down. 

I like him. Tennessee didn't do a ton to get him the ball but he makes some ridiculous catches and has good speed and route running ability. He, Rogers, Jackson are my sleeper crew grouped up in the middle of the outside guys. If any of them get a chance they could be dangerous... all in slightly different ways.

If I were doing tiers:

Tier 1:

CeeDee Lamb

Jerry Jeudy

Justin Jefferson

Henry Ruggs III

Denzel Mims

Tee Higgins

Tier 2:

Laviska Shenault

Gabriel Davis

Jalen Raegor

Bryan Edwards

Tier 3:

Michael Pittman, Jr.

Tyler Johnson

Brandon Aiyuk

Antonio Gibson (weapon/RB/WR)

Antonio Gandy-Golden

Collin Johnson

Devin Duvernay

Kendrick Rogers

Trishton Jackson

Marquez Callaway

I probably have 6 or 7 tiers with the wide outs.

Tier 1 is my: Yup. 

Tier 2 is my: Can bust, but have a ton of potential

Tier 3 is my: "Guys with some questions but can ball out of their minds and can be major stars if given the chance, but if in bad situations might look like ****"

I'll definitely be against the grain here, but the more I think about it, the more I think we should Take Tua at 2 and have him sit all year. Either Haskins takes off and you can trade Tua if you have to or Haskins sucks (which I fear he will) and you have a healthy Tua to build around (who has seen the playbook all year) in 2021.

Sorry folks this league will always be about the QB, and Haskins would be drafted well after Burrow, Tua, and even a couple of other QBs in this years draft even with what we know now from him in the league. 

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I like him. Tennessee didn't do a ton to get him the ball but he makes some ridiculous catches and has good speed and route running ability. He, Rogers, Jackson are my sleeper crew grouped up in the middle of the outside guys. If any of them get a chance they could be dangerous... all in slightly different ways.

If I were doing tiers:

Tier 1:

CeeDee Lamb

Jerry Jeudy

Justin Jefferson

Henry Ruggs III

Denzel Mims

Tee Higgins

Tier 2:

Laviska Shenault

Gabriel Davis

Jalen Raegor

Bryan Edwards

Tier 3:

Michael Pittman, Jr.

Tyler Johnson

Brandon Aiyuk

Antonio Gibson (weapon/RB/WR)

Antonio Gandy-Golden

Collin Johnson

Devin Duvernay

Kendrick Rogers

Trishton Jackson

Marquez Callaway

I probably have 6 or 7 tiers with the wide outs.

Tier 1 is my: Yup. 

Tier 2 is my: Can bust, but have a ton of potential

Tier 3 is my: "Guys with some questions but can ball out of their minds and can be major stars if given the chance, but if in bad situations might look like ****"

Love your rankings man.  I play in some high stakes dynasty leagues so keep a laser focus on WR and agree a ton with these.  Same top 3, high on Mims, Davis, Raegor, Pittman.

Where we deviate the most is Higgins and Hamler.  I'd be very interested to hear what you see I  Higgins because I have him as another Treadwell.  Just not nearly athletic enough and no Boldin type compensating factors.  On the other hand, Hamler I see as a guy who is going to present a lot of problems of DCs at the next level.  Someone you have to make a plan for.  

Another small quibble but it's probably fantasy related.  I see Ruggs being a guy whose impact is more felt peripherally than in the box score.  Just not seeing a difference maker.

Read a lot, dont post much, respect you opinion on this a lot and would be interested to hear you elaborate.

4 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

I'll definitely be against the grain here, but the more I think about it, the more I think we should Take Tua at 2 and have him sit all year. Either Haskins takes off and you can trade Tua if you have to or Haskins sucks (which I fear he will) and you have a healthy Tua to build around (who has seen the playbook all year) in 2021.

Sorry folks this league will always be about the QB, and Haskins would be drafted well after Burrow, Tua, and even a couple of other QBs in this years draft even with what we know now from him in the league. 

Draft Tua, pay Cam for one year. Cam either busts & we have Tua ready & a high pick in 2021, or he has a great season & we get a comp pick. 

I don’t actually want to sign Cam, but spending a lot on a one year contract is much better than paying several replaceable guys for 4 years. 

4 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Love your rankings man.  I play in some high stakes dynasty leagues so keep a laser focus on WR and agree a ton with these.  Same top 3, high on Mims, Davis, Raegor, Pittman.

Where we deviate the most is Higgins and Hamler.  I'd be very interested to hear what you see I  Higgins because I have him as another Treadwell.  Just not nearly athletic enough and no Boldin type compensating factors.  On the other hand, Hamler I see as a guy who is going to present a lot of problems of DCs at the next level.  Someone you have to make a plan for.  

Another small quibble but it's probably fantasy related.  I see Ruggs being a guy whose impact is more felt peripherally than in the box score.  Just not seeing a difference maker.

Read a lot, dont post much, respect you opinion on this a lot and would be interested to hear you elaborate.

Don’t let Dawg get you down on Hightower. Very disappointed to see Dawg-Gaither so low on my guy from the dmv. 

18 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Hamler is ****ing electric. Really, really big playmaker. But his hands get me so angry. Dude drops a ton of passes that he absolutely shouldn't, and doing that too often loses you a job in the league. If I had a crystal ball that said he held onto the damn ball he'd be a top 3ish slot for me. I just get so angry when I see him drop the ball.

Higgins I just see a guy who does a lot. Athlete, gets separation, big frame, uses his body, fast, seems to have a good football IQ. Dude doesn't block for ****, though :ols:

15 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Don’t let Dawg get you down on Hightower. Very disappointed to see Dawg-Gaither so low on my guy from the dmv.

I actually really like Hightower's skill set and speed. His frame scares me. Dude looks like Shawn Bradley just shorter. A stiff enough breeze and the goal post flags won't be the only things blowing away.

Robert Hunt, gigantic dude, 6'5, 322 pounds.  He played RT but projected to move to RG or LG in the pros.  He's a fun watch.  He's a mauler in the run game. 

They pull him quite a bit, playing power, moves well for a dude his size.   He has strong hands, feisty in pass protection, recovers quickly if a defender starts slipping by him. 

PFF gave him one of the best run blocking scores among prospects.   The dude plays with a mean streak too, gets off on some of his blocks and throwing defenders to the ground.  Maybe a bit too aggressive going to the 2nd level where sometimes he misses his targeted block.  He's good in pass pro but he doesn't look to be the most agile, a little stuff, so might have a hard time with some speed rushers hence better playing on the inside. 

In the third-4th round range, good value IMO. 

He's number 50. 

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

Callaway gets no love, but the guy can play, he returns kicks, he’s great on contests passes, he’s a great dude, and he competes on every down. 

Maybe its the college he played for?

I was just thinking it would be cool to have a LG type like Hunt who can maul if we are going to be a run based team.  So I read the PFF rap on Hunt a bit closer, the irony of who they compare Hunt to...

There are way too many guys I like in the third-4th round range this draft.  I'd likely trade down.  Only thing wrong about that write up was Hunt played RT not OG. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 8.45.50 PM.png

13 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Hunt is a nice prospect, I was looking at him in our ES draft, but I drafted 3 OL last year. 🤷🏻‍♂️

This is a good draft for O line.    I don't know if any of the good tackles though slip into the 3rd.  My hope is maybe Isaiah Wilson does.   

But otherwise I'd take a guy like Trautman who is a mauler of a TE and an OG like Hunt if we are lucky and they are there in the 3rd and 4th and I'd really happy.  

When I've gone back and watched coaches tape in the past, Scherff and sadly Trent were fun to watch mauling guys and hitting the 2nd level but other than them?  Not much.  Our TEs have been relatively soft.  Sprinkle is just so so as a blocker.  I haven't really watched Hentges block closely but looking at his PFF grade at it, 60, he's decent at it but nothing special. 

Wes Martin to me is a bit too undersized to be a dominant run blocker.  

I buy the report from Standig that Kyle Smith really digs Trautman.  I shared in the past on this thread about my meeting with Scot McCloughan years back and he was selling me that the Brandon Scherff pick wasn't just about the player but the attitude-style he brought.  I'd see a dude like Trautman bringing something similar stylistically.  

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Hamler is ****ing electric. Really, really big playmaker. But his hands get me so angry. Dude drops a ton of passes that he absolutely shouldn't, and doing that too often loses you a job in the league. If I had a crystal ball that said he held onto the damn ball he'd be a top 3ish slot for me. I just get so angry when I see him drop the ball.

Higgins I just see a guy who does a lot. Athlete, gets separation, big frame, uses his body, fast, seems to have a good football IQ. Dude doesn't block for ****, though :ols:

I actually really like Hightower's skill set and speed. His frame scares me. Dude looks like Shawn Bradley just shorter. A stiff enough breeze and the goal post flags won't be the only things blowing away.

I've proven to be pretty good at detecting busts for high profile WRs.  I'm calling Higgins vastly overrated and a total bust.  Wont be surprised of he slips in the draft a lot more than folks think, like 4th round, but wont change my opinion even if he goes early.

My highest confidence level projections are Lamb as a future undebateble WR1, Jefferson as a QBs best friend and target hog, and Higgins being a washout.

Haven't put as much energy into Hightower as hes pretty far down the dynasty list.  Will dive deeper based on the recos from you and @volsmet though.  Appreciate it fellas.

How to create draft capital (even trade chart trades). 

Trent to NYJ for 3.4

trade 3.2 for 3.12 and 4.12

Trade 3.12 for 3.28 and 3.42

You then have:

Just had a FanSpeak unfold like this. Went ...

DE Chase Young

TE Adam Trautman

OT Saahdiq Charles

WR Collin Johnson

TE Albert O

WR KJ Hill

CB Darnay Holmes

S JR Reed

Think we have to assume Kyle and Ron will create picks with the capital we have. If we can get a 3 for Trent I think that could easily turn into multiple late 3s and 4s as this scenario shows

On 5/25/2019 at 12:03 AM, volsmet said:

Wirfs will be a first rounder, imo. He is likely to grade out better than any OT from the 2019 class, this OL class is loaded with huge nasty humans.

This freakin guy — feet, hands, size & attitude, he’s a potential top 10 pick. 

On 5/7/2019 at 12:10 PM, volsmet said:

There will probably be 3-5 OTs in next years class that grade above any from 2019

Gets it.

Archived