Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Okudah was there. Chase went to the Lions. Giants went with Wills.

In a simulated mock I presume.  Yeah I am talking my guess in real life that there would be a better shot at Simmons to be there at 5 then Okudah.

But yeah the Giants can skip both dudes and go LT, I actually hope they do. 

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Sign Clowney

Trade #2 for a haul to Miami

Trade Trent for a couple of mid  rounders.

End up with 7/8 picks through the first 4 rounds of the draft.

Still get an elite talent at #5

This is the best OT class since Trents class, it worked our poorly for our disaster of an organization... Wills, Thomas, Wirfs, Jones, & Becton are all better than any OT from last years class, it’s silliness. 

Need Miami’s #1 next year, #5 this year & #18. 

I watched Chaisson for the first time, I decided to check out the all 22 LSU v Texas, and Chaisson was much better than I thought, he’s another guy to target in a trade down. 

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

In a simulated mock I presume.  Yeah I am talking my guess in real life that there would be a better shot at Simmons to be there at 5 then Okudah.

But yeah the Giants can skip both dudes and go LT, I actually hope they do. 

I hope the Giants trade back. 

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Sign Clowney

I am not opposed to a trade down. If played right they could fill so many starting and heavy contributing roles on the roster. Maybe add a pick or two for next year as well. Could lead to the reset this team has needed for years. Clowney would not be a bad way to spend some of the cap space.

2 hours ago, volsmet said:

I watched Chaisson for the first time, I decided to check out the all 22 LSU v Texas, and Chaisson was much better than I thought, he’s another guy to target in a trade down. 

I hope the Giants trade back. 

His first step is incredible. It jumps out at you when watching their games. He needs a little work on techniques but is blessed with all the tools.

And F the Giants!!!   I'm in the middle of Giant country. The last thing I want is them anywhere near Young.

57 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Also, welcome to the Chaisson train. He ain’t Young, but he loves Chaisson quarterbacks. 

Ah, I see watcha did there :806:

5 hours ago, volsmet said:

Chinn is the guy we need.

Love Chinn, one my favorite prospects, the dude is like a missile on the field.

There is another dude who has some hybrid aspects to his game that's growing on me.  But since my favorite players that I've touted are being taken like mad on the board's ongoing draft, I'll refrain from mentioning him just yet. 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love Chinn, one my favorite prospects, the dude is like a missile on the field.

There is another dude who has some hybrid aspects to his game that's growing on me.  But since my favorite players that I've touted are being taken like mad on the board's ongoing draft, I'll refrain from mentioning him just yet. 

giphy.gif

That gif game. To me, Chinn > Dugger. More turnovers, better level of competition. 

On a different note, the lack of any kind of urgency in FA makes me wonder if we are planning to draft and red shirt Tua. That could make a lot of sense. With Kyle Allen on the team, we could keep or trade Haskins. 

7 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

That gif game. To me, Chinn > Dugger. More turnovers, better level of competition. 

On a different note, the lack of any kind of urgency in FA makes me wonder if we are planning to draft and red shirt Tua. That could make a lot of sense. With Kyle Allen on the team, we could keep or trade Haskins. 

I like Chinn over Dugger, too.  The person I am thinking of isn't Dugger.  He's not as good IMO than either one of them but he intrigues me.

The Haskins-Tua stuff is hard for me to piece together.  If I am going purely on the local beat guys on this then I'd guess no chance they take Tua.   But some of the national draft geek types think its possible. 

It's a fun one for me.  Tua is one of my favorite college players of all time.  I've seen him play live multiple times.  But I love Chase Young, too.  I am cool with either decision. 

6 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Sign Clowney

Theres more than a few holes in that theory.

Clowney...really.  Whos he replacing?  That guy has had Sports hernia surgery TWICE.  if you don't know how that surgery is performed and what they try to do to fix it, then Ok.  Let me put it this way, take a knife and where your abs connect with your scrotum and leg muscles, cut a slice to split the muscles that attach your legs to your core.  Athletes who tear it twice are extremely risky and will always be one quick move from the operating table.  No thanks. 

Miami doesn't need to move up.  If they want Tua this year they can likely get him at 5.  If hes gone, they can trade #5 for more picks next year, then package to move up if needed next year.  i dont see anyone giving the Skins enough picks to get that #2 slot.  If Ron Rivera doesn't take Chase Young at #2 this year (seeing how fans are reacting already) then he better get an RG3 silly deal or that stadium will be truly empty. 

9 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And Bullock has a similar concern that @stevemcqueen1 has about the acquisition of Allen and what it means -- though if I recall with @stevemcqueen1 its him thinking they are taking Tua. 

Bullock isn't wrong that something about the Allen acquisition stinks.  It's just not the type of move that organizations who are successfully on track to develop a franchsie QB make.  I remember my old friend darrellgreenie complaining about the drafting of Kirk Cousins right after we took RGIII, stating it was the canary in the coalmine for the organizations internal divisions on QB and a lack of commitment to developing RGIII.  He said it was not the type of move that a team making an authentic commitment to developing a QB would make.  I also remember crapping on his concerns at the time.  He was absolutely right and I learned another lesson from him in that moment.

This Allen trade stinks like the Cousins pick did.  It gives the staff an easy out from sticking to the plan if Haskins struggles or they have problems getting him ready.  Realistically, 99% of young QBs will have periods of serious struggle.  Their organization needs to be rock solid in their commitment to developing them.  Not going out and getting their ready replacement is kind of QB development 101, but the Redskins are just really bad at handling quarterbacks.  We do things differently at the position and it doesn't work.

Bullock could be right that Allen is the guy the staff prefers and that he's the real hedge plan.  What he's not saying is that any staff that could actually prefer Allen to Haskins would be stunningly incompetent.  That is just way too ghastly a possibility for me to accept.  So I'm thinking that it's a prelude to a Tua pick and redshirt season.  That would still make me intensely angry, but it wouldn't get me to completely check out on the new coaching staff like the thought of botching the development of Haskins and moving forward with Kyle Allen.

I don’t care what they think of Haskins, to be totally honest. If they don’t want him - fine. New regime. New quarterback.

Heres my issue: **** or get off the pot. Come out and say what you’re doing. No matter who the QB is, or isn’t, they need full support without eyebrows being raised.

Right now they’re playing a game in order to entice offers for the second pick, I guarantee it. But in the meantime, they’re leaving a lot of speculation.

Even the statement that I read, if true, from Rivera was half ass. “WE EXPECT DWAYNE TO BE THE QB, BUT KYLE IS HERE TO COMPETE.”

Right. That’s a good way to attract free agents. Let them know we don’t have a quarterback and there’s going to be a raging competition between two 30s ranked quarterbacks to take over the position.

I have nothing against the Allen acquisition, other than the fact that it cost a 5th. But come out and say it’s for a backup or straight up say, “Dwayne was inconsistent last year. We feel he has made positive strides, but he’s going to need to sell us on being the QB and he’ll earn every snap”.

Dont do this half ass “we think he’s the dude but maybe he’s not the dude” bull****.

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Bullock could be right that Allen is the guy the staff prefers and that he's the real hedge plan.  What he's not saying is that any staff that could actually prefer Allen to Haskins would be stunningly incompetent.  That is just way too ghastly a possibility for me to accept.  So I'm thinking that it's a prelude to a Tua pick and redshirt season.  That would still make me intensely angry, but it wouldn't get me to completely check out on the new coaching staff like the thought of botching the development of Haskins and moving forward with Kyle Allen.

I haven't really watched Kyle Allen yet but I'll get to it.  I noticed the PFF guy who covers the Redskins thinks very little of him. Yeah I used to be very friendly with darrellgreenie, too.  We both were big RG3 people among other things.   If I had  difference with him it was I was good with Kirk and preferred him over Colt.  Greenie preferred Colt over Kirk. 

43 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Chinn over Dugger, too.  The person I am thinking of isn't Dugger.  He's not as good IMO than either one of them but he intrigues me.

The Haskins-Tua stuff is hard for me to piece together.  If I am going purely on the local beat guys on this then I'd guess no chance they take Tua.   But some of the national draft geek types think its possible. 

It's a fun one for me.  Tua is one of my favorite college players of all time.  I've seen him play live multiple times.  But I love Chase Young, too.  I am cool with either decision. 

I think the beat guys seem to be pretty good with this stuff. 

I also love Tua and Chase. I don't think I'll be upset either way. I can talk myself into liking either move. Our fastest ascension however would be if Haskins is great and Chase is also great. 

I'm honestly not sure that this is the coaching staff to maximize a player like Tua. Seems like a defense first, heavy dose of the running game type coaching staff. I think Tua would be best somewhere like NO. 

I wonder if they could put together a package of players and picks...probably not, since Brees came back. I'm sure they'd like to keep all of their players for a final run. 

Archived