Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

4 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Why?

CB is a HUGE need and he's an elite talent.  

I don't think CB is that large of a need. I think replacing Norman sees a marked improvement from the jump. He is an elite talent, but the bigger need is going to be left tackle.

Currently we have Scherff, Penn, Flowers and Williams who will likely be on other teams or free agents after this season (or holdouts). If Tua and Young are off the board at our selection I believe it's imperative to trade down and grab a quality LT prospect while accruing other draft choices. The team is not a corner away and is going to be in dire need of OL help. Okudah (and Jeudy) are valued players that can net us a decent haul and let us improve our roster more by not selecting them. 

I like them as players. But I don't think they are a fit for this franchise at the moment.

Say Miami loves Tua & Burrow, they take Young #1 & move up with us to get the QB.

21 minutes ago, Rypienskinz said:
28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Current aggregate PFF scores

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 10.22.28 AM.png

Why is this on draft thread?

Rules don’t apply to 3 people:

Zack Morris

Sam Malone

Sip

27 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don't think CB is that large of a need. I think replacing Norman sees a marked improvement from the jump. He is an elite talent, but the bigger need is going to be left tackle.

Currently we have Scherff, Penn, Flowers and Williams who will likely be on other teams or free agents after this season (or holdouts). If Tua and Young are off the board at our selection I believe it's imperative to trade down and grab a quality LT prospect while accruing other draft choices. The team is not a corner away and is going to be in dire need of OL help. Okudah (and Jeudy) are valued players that can net us a decent haul and let us improve our roster more by not selecting them. 

I like them as players. But I don't think they are a fit for this franchise at the moment.

I'd lump Burrow in that tier simply because he's a QB.  If we had the 3rd pick and Young and Tua were gone, I'd take Burrow and reboot at QB.  I'm not a Haskins fan and his pocket presence, footwork, and accuracy outside the hashes has been atrocious.

44 minutes ago, Rypienskinz said:
52 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Why is this on draft thread?

If it bothers anyone I'll take it off.

Reason I put it here is we are talking about the roster and upgrades here in a more geeky way than others do in other threads.  So I find it relevant from time to time to post.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Reason I put it here is we are talking about the roster and upgrades here in a more geeky way than others do in other threads.  So I find it relevant from time to time to post.

I enjoy it.

58 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

No I think it is great. It shows where we are strong and weak (Where we might focus on during the draft). 

7 hours ago, volsmet said:

Lock to make future pro bowls, Trey Smith:

Man I love that.  I also love how he's played almost all of the positions on the line.  He is a really good prospect.

Hot take: give me a trade down and give me either Smith or Biadasz in the first round instead of the tackles, and let me go back to the well for tackle next season when I think the tackle class will be better.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Man I love that.  I also love how he's played almost all of the positions on the line.  He is a really good prospect.

Hot take: give me a trade down and give me either Smith or Biadasz in the first round instead of the tackles, and let me go back to the well for tackle next season when I think the tackle class will be better.

Isn’t this supposed to be a good year for tackles?

I could definitely go for a good guard prospect early-ish, though I guess we’ll have to see what becomes of Flowers and Scherff (and if, by some miracle, we’re able to get good value for Trent pre-draft).  
ATM, I’m thinking we we almost have to land two linemen and a corner before the 4th round, though we will have some dough to spend in FA.  I presume we’d have an easier time of finding a quality corner going that route... 

I guess people might be thinking next year has more high end OT talent with Penei Sewell topping that chart?

Either way, we'll probably be looking for o-line help in both years. Both Penn and Flowers are on one year deals, Scherff is probably gonna have an ugly round of negotiations with ol Coors Light Candy Ass and work his way out of town. That leaves us with Roullier and Moses, with the latter needing to be replaced anyways. 

Maybe we re-sign Flowers or he leaves to follow Callahan, but still that leaves plenty of holes needing to be filled even if we can count on Geron, Wes, and Ross being serviceable.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Smith could fall due to health concerns, there was major concern about him missing the entire season because of blood clots, he had a rough trip back to being cleared, but he’s as good a guard an OL prospect as we’ve had since Chad Clifton. 

In 2 years ESers will be watching Wanya Morris, Darnell Wright & Henry To’oto’o, I can’t wait for Vol highlights to be part of the draft thread... only 2 years to go. 🤨

Wanya Morris Clip...supposedly, but all I see is Trey Smith mauling more humans.

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

I guess people might be thinking next year has more high end OT talent with Penei Sewell topping that chart?

Either way, we'll probably be looking for o-line help in both years. Both Penn and Flowers are on one year deals, Scherff is probably gonna have an ugly round of negotiations with ol Coors Light Candy Ass and work his way out of town. That leaves us with Roullier and Moses, with the latter needing to be replaced anyways. 

Maybe we re-sign Flowers or he leaves to follow Callahan, but still that leaves plenty of holes needing to be filled even if we can count on Geron, Wes, and Ross being serviceable.

If we had Sewell next to Smith I’d probably have to attend games. I find it hard to believe there is a forum where Sewell love is free to be shared & to prosper.

7 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

It's still super early in the draft process so it doesn't mean anything yet, but Trey Smith is ranked on TheDraftNetwork at around 100.

drafttek.com has him at 112 right now too.  But their rankings are very volatile.

I think he's a top 50 talent with a real shot of playing his way into the first round.  I think Shane Lemieux is too and does too.  And Biadasz already seems to be there.  Those have been the three most interesting interior OLs so far for me in this class.

12 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Sewell and Cosmi would be the best OLs in this year's class IMO.  Next year's top five is going to be nasty with those two, Lawrence, and Surtain drawing consideration.

I need to watch more of Cosmi, he's so athletic, but hopefully will gain some more anchor strength as he develops. I've just watched him a bit against LSU. He held up well for the most part against guys like Chaison or whatever. Didn't see him get beaten by much, other than a bullrush in the 2nd quarter which was just a pressure and not a sack. He lunges a bit at the iine and needs to keep his head up, but I love his attitude and this was only the second game of the year. 

Oregon will be even more fun to watch next year if the younger Sewell commits to play for them.

I’m a little torn on extending Scherff, but given our other needs and ample cap space... I’d pull the trigger (they should have already IMO).  

Trade Trent, cut Norman and Reed, extend Scherff (and maybe Dunbar), sign a corner, trade back in the draft.  In theory, we should have 4+ picks in the first 3 rounds and the D should be looking pretty good (could us a FS, OLB, another corner and an ILB, though we have Foster returning...). Try to land 2 linemen in those first rounds, and the rest of the picks are open for whatever (receiver in the 1st or 2nd seems to make sense from what I’ve gleaned on this thread).  

*Young is a big caveat to the above of course.  I’m also expecting that there’s no way in hell we go for a quarterback - Smith and Haskins will be our 1/2.  

5 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Well a Detroit Lion fan where I work is claiming that the Lions offered a 2020 4th and a 2021 3rd for Peterson (Which the Skins turned down). I can't find this anywhere. Anyone hear about this? 

Yikes...

23 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Oregon will be even more fun to watch next year if the younger Sewell commits to play for them.

Noah will be in Knoxville to play alongside To’oto’o. 

28 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Well a Detroit Lion fan where I work is claiming that the Lions offered a 2020 4th and a 2021 3rd for Peterson (Which the Skins turned down). I can't find this anywhere. Anyone hear about this? 

That would be infuriating. So it’s probably true. 

Archived