Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

If the small sample size of Turners offense at the end of the season is any indication of what ours will look like, it should leave our F1 in single coverage pretty often. I think 29s prediction is pretty optimistic, but his numbers should be outstanding.

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

My last 2021 Madden ratings post.  McLaurin rated the highest among rookie wideouts with an 82 overall rating.  Better than AJ Brown or Metcalf.  I know plenty people don’t put stock in Madden ratings.

God no..its like putting stock into stupid ass fantasy foosball.

• Like 2

Madden rating today are just below PFF ranking that are revered here (by me as well if it supports my opinion ;)). 

In all seriousness, the Madden ratings are muuuuch better than they were 5-10 years ago. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Or preseason statistics

Bingo

55 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I just like talent evaluation, and I’m sure they have a system.  I put about just as much stock in PFF.

I dont get where you're coming from though I want to say I get it...but I dont, the last time I played a football game on a game console was..and I **** you not..super techmobowl..haaa..haha no joke..I seen folks playing the football games after stb but could never get into it..I understand the player evaluation..kinda makes ya feel all tingly inside when a..video game maker?..is giving props to a player on your favorite team

8 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I dont get where you're coming from though I want to say I get it...but I dont, the last time I played a football game on a game console was..and I **** you not..super techmobowl..haaa..haha no joke..I seen folks playing the football games after stb but could never get into it..I understand the player evaluation..kinda makes ya feel all tingly inside when a..video game maker?..is giving props to a player on your favorite team

Last time I played Madden was probably 2010.  Some of the people who give input for the ratings are former players.  Some of it is stat based, and debate based.  For as trivial as it might seem, they put work into it.  I don’t follow it anywhere near as much since I don’t play Madden anymore.  But you get a feel for how good people in the pipelines think your favorite players are.

Edited by Vanguard

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Well, with Harmon down, we badly need a 2 receiver.

Hopefully AGG can slide into that quickly.

Or Latimer, if he's allowed to play.

Or Trey Quinn...ok stop laughing. Ok, just kidding, laugh all you want, that guy sucks.

Steven Sims could be our #2.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Steven Sims could be our #2.

Steven Sims is our #2 receiver imo.

20 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

it's funny how many people mention we need a #1 receiver...

It kind of makes me angry.  I’d like to know who said it.  I heard Tony Gonzalez say something to that affect.  But he clearly hadn’t done his homework.  Most people who know anything don’t say this.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Steven Sims is our #2 receiver imo.

I dunno, I think Sims is a pure slot guy. Smaller and not a burner but very shifty with good short area quickness.

Generally when I think of a "#2" reciever I think of a Z guy who can also line up as an X sometimes, and I'm not sure Sims has enough size and/or speed for that role.

• Like 1

The Panthers never really had a good #2 WR in Rivera’s tenure either.

Though they did have Greg Olsen, which made up for that weakness. I really hope we can find a gem at TE in next year’s draft. 

Edited by HTTRDynasty

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I dunno, I think Sims is a pure slot guy. Smaller and not a burner but very shifty with good short area quickness.

That described Wes Welker precisely.  Certainly not saying he's going to be Welker, but also out of the realm of possibility for Sims to be a really productive #2.

37 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m hoping mclaurin gets a spot in the nfl top 100 players list 

No way he would make it now. You need to be top 8-10 wr, and he isn't viewed nationally as being in that tier.  I expect him to be there one day soon, but not yet.  Hopefully after 2020.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 12:29 PM, Riggo#44 said:

That described Wes Welker precisely.  Certainly not saying he's going to be Welker, but also out of the realm of possibility for Sims to be a really productive #2.

Oh I'm not disagreeing on that at all. I was just thinking a "#2 receiver" in the more classic sense as far as a guy who can be a good Z or X receiver on the other side of your #1 guy to compliment him. I think Sims may be able to play some Z but I'm not sure he would be nearly as good there as in the slot as he doesn't have much in the way of size or top end speed. But he's super shifty and quick which really benefits a slot receiver (a Welker sort of guy, like you mentioned).

But realistically that could technically be your "#2" so the naming may just be a semantics thing.